Secret courts in Canada: Legal experts say Quebec 'secret trial' violates fundamental principles of justice

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Protecting an informant with a secret court? What a surprise in creepy covert Canada. The only reason the public has learned about this is because he appealed.

I've been warning America, many Canadians would qualify for asylum in ways Americans would be surprised to hear about...

Members of Quebec's legal community say a trial that took place in complete secrecy, with no paper trail, has violated the fundamental principles of justice on which the court system is based.

The trial, whose existence was first reported by the French-language online newspaper La Presse on Friday, is referred to only as "Dossier X."

The case was conducted covertly with the approval of the Crown prosecutors involved, the presiding judge and defence counsel.

Where and when the trial took place, along with the names of the defendant and the presiding judge, have been deliberately excluded from the public record.

No witnesses were called to the stand: they were interviewed outside the courtroom, and a transcript of their testimony was presented in court.

The case had no case number and was never filed in the province's judicial archives. On paper, it never happened.

The trial only came to light because the defendant chose to appeal the verdict, flagging the case to Quebec's Court of App

Last edited:
The trial only came to light because the defendant chose to appeal the verdict, flagging the case to Quebec's Court of App
LDetails are sketchy and not much is provided, but there are some circumstances in which secrecy is appropriate.
Judging from what there are of the details, it sounds like Canada'a attempt to not go the way of the US by not providing any trial at all. People have sat in Guantanamo for years without a trial, but most sensitive cases didn't make it even as far as Guantanamo, but were murdered in the field to avoid the complications.

When cases such as this come to light, we can take it as proof that the complicated and sensitive cases aren't just dealt with by bullet to the head.

We'll have to wait for more details before we can judge for sure.

Canada isn't made up of bitter criminals that have a obsessive hate for government and all authority! Remind you of anyone mr. shocked?

LDetails are sketchy and not much is provided, but there are some circumstances in which secrecy is appropriate.
Judging from what there are of the details, it sounds like Canada'a attempt to not go the way of the US by not providing any trial at all. People have sat in Guantanamo for years without a trial, but most sensitive cases didn't make it even as far as Guantanamo, but were murdered in the field to avoid the complications.

When cases such as this come to light, we can take it as proof that the complicated and sensitive cases aren't just dealt with by bullet to the head.

Canada isn't made up of bitter criminals that have a obsessive hate for government and all authority! Remind you of anyone mr. shocked?
So why are so many Canadians permanently leaving? You set a record in 2020 and broke it in 2021. And why are they all moving to Florida???????

So why are so many Canadians permanently leaving? You set a record in 2020 and broke it in 2021. And why are they all moving to Florida???????
If Canadians are moving to Florida and not just going on vacation, then finding the answer could be what Americans would like to discuss?

My suggestions on 'freedom' and 'quality of life' aren't popular!

Why are Canadians going to Florida?

Ive chalked you up to being one of the cult members so I'm not surprised.

The important issue for me is not to combat you cult members, I know very well how the Creepy Ones in this country operate. My objective is to make sure that Americans understand what type of system they are propping up. So work as you must, it's to no avail.

A little bird told me that America might be is looking at EV batteries that are made in Canada...

A little bird told me that America might be is looking at EV batteries that are made in Canada...
What the hell is the little bird meant to mean? Might be is looking or is might be looking?

I've already shut you down with the comparison of Guantanamo detainees to the secret trial.

Your problem is that you have a hardon for government, authority, and the rest of the world that doesn't offer you pitying.

What the hell is the little bird meant to mean? Might be is looking or is might be looking?

I've already shut you down with the comparison of Guantanamo detainees to the secret trial.

Your problem is that you have a hardon for government, authority, and the rest of the world that doesn't offer you pitying.

Your problem is in your soul. Mine is intact. Only you know what you represent and for whom you work.

I don't need pity, I need justice. It will be done.

Forum List

Back