Canada Just Saw The Biggest Q4 For Residents Permanently Leaving Since The 1970s

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
When your government freezes all of your assets without due process so you can’t even buy a can of tuna to feed your kids when you’ve violated no laws, there’s a response.
I’m sure its all of their least productive people.

Canadians are packing up and leaving at a fast rate, during a traditionally slow period. Statistics Canada (Stat Can) data shows emigration, the act of leaving permanently, jumped in 2021. The past year showed modest gains, rising to the highest level in half a decade. The fourth quarter is what sticks out though, showing a sudden acceleration. Canada saw the largest Q4 volumes of residents leaving since the 1970s.

When your government freezes all of your assets without due process so you can’t even buy a can of tuna to feed your kids when you’ve violated no laws, there’s a response.

Canadians are packing up and leaving at a fast rate, during a traditionally slow period. Statistics Canada (Stat Can) data shows emigration, the act of leaving permanently, jumped in 2021. The past year showed modest gains, rising to the highest level in half a decade. The fourth quarter is what sticks out though, showing a sudden acceleration. Canada saw the largest Q4 volumes of residents leaving since the 1970s.

We'll take some good Canadian people in South Dakota. Got plenty of room.

Good reason for it.
The cost of living in the U.S. is indeed higher of course, but so are the earnings.
If you go to a Canadian wage comparison, they always try and say the wages are about the same. Because they include data in America's poorest states. And if a Canadian is going to move to the U.S. - it isn't likely to be a small town in West Virginia now is it?
No.. it will be a city.
Take Chicago... it surprisingly only cost about 1% more than living in Toronto.
But the wages?.... after taxes, on average for comparable jobs you will make 34% less in Toronto.

What an odd statistic to cherry pick. Why only Q4 emigration?

So I pulled up some annual statistics on Canadian emigration, and discovered the total number of 2021 emigrants from Canada was LOWER than 2020, and the lowest EVER in this century.

You're caught lying again. Sucks to be you.

Good reason for it.
The cost of living in the U.S. is indeed higher of course, but so are the earnings.
If you go to a Canadian wage comparison, they always try and say the wages are about the same. Because they include data in America's poorest states. And if a Canadian is going to move to the U.S. - it isn't likely to be a small town in West Virginia now is it?
No.. it will be a city.
Take Chicago... it surprisingly only cost about 1% more than living in Toronto.
But the wages?.... after taxes, on average for comparable jobs you will make 34% less in Toronto.

How much will you pay for Health Insurance Coverage, and how much are your copays on that plan.

Workers in Ontario pay $25 a month for universal coverage health insurance. $300 per year. Our family also paid and additional $100 per month for premium drug, and dental, so a total for our family $1800 per family - no copays.

Americans pay, on average, $1152 per month for a family of four - either through wages or employee benefits. And that's before copays. That's a difference of just over $1000 per month plus co-pays. With copays, the average is over $21,000 per year, total cost in the USA, versus $1800 in Canada. Also - no lifetime limits.

Kinda wipes out that 34% advantage in a big fast hurry.

How much will you pay for Health Insurance Coverage, and how much are your copays on that plan.

Workers in Ontario pay $25 a month for universal coverage health insurance. $300 per year. Our family also paid and additional $100 per month for premium drug, and dental, so a total for our family $1800 per family - no copays.

Americans pay, on average, $1152 per month for a family of four - either through wages or employee benefits. And that's before copays. That's a difference of just over $1000 per month plus co-pays. With copays, the average is over $21,000 per year, total cost in the USA, versus $1800 in Canada. Also - no lifetime limits.

Kinda wipes out that 34% advantage in a big fast hurry.
Sort of. Canada does not pay for dental or eye doctors. Some prescriptions are copay.
And BTW - the cost of living in that Chicago figure.. includes healthcare insurance payout.
Canada has a high cost of living in the major cities, where almost everyone lives. As well as high taxation.
People moving into the U.S. from Canada are doing it because they figure it up... they are not stupid... that they will have more money by moving here.
Sorry that burst your America is horrible narrative.

This occurred in 2021. Before the trucker rampage.

Sort of. Canada does not pay for dental or eye doctors. Some prescriptions are copay.
And BTW - the cost of living in that Chicago figure.. includes healthcare insurance payout.
Canada has a high cost of living in the major cities, where almost everyone lives. As well as high taxation.
People moving into the U.S. from Canada are doing it because they figure it up... they are not stupid... that they will have more money by moving here.
Sorry that burst your America is horrible narrative.

Who said anything about Canadians moving to the USA? That wasn't even in the original discussion. But since you brought it up.

Canadians move to the US because it's easy to get into the country and to get work. Canadian education and credentials are accepted, the language and living conditions are similar. It's not like moving to a foreign country where you don't know the language or customs.

But you failed to mention that 10,000 Americans move to Canada every year. If the USA is so much better than Canada, why do an equal number of Americans come here than move to the USA? Love has a lot to do with it. I know so many people who married Americans, and vice versa. I have a new client from Atlanta Georgia. She married a Canadian.

When we get old, Florida, and Arizona start looking very good to these old bones.

In regard to dental and prescriptions. Read my post again. That's what that extra $100 a month is for PREMIUM HEALTH INSURANCE - dental and prescriptions. And our premium health insurance plan had no copays.

I'd like to see that cost comparison. I have never seen that cost comparison come out in favour of Americans. By the time you add in the cost of insurance, even as a benefit, Canadians are further ahead.

Our taxes also include our generous Employment Insurance program which pays income during periods of unemployment, but also training programs, and income supports for new businesses. Canada Pension Plan - similar to social security, plus Old Age Security, and OAS Supplemental, giving elderly Canadians a guranteed minimum income, Child Tax Benefits of up to $500 per month per child.

What Canadians get for their taxes paid is not biggest military in the world, but the fastest growing middle class in the world. Great infrastructure. Our tax dollars go to programs for our people. Not a bloated government and the most expensive army in history.

Last edited:
Read my post again. That's what that extra $100 a month is for PREMIUM HEALTH INSURANCE - dental and prescriptions. And our premium health insurance plan had no copays.

I'd like to see that cost comparison. I have never seen that cost comparison come out in favour of Americans. By the time you add in the cost of insurance, even as a benefit.
"Premium health insurance"? You mean waiting weeks or months for simple procedures many canucks drive to Buffalo NY and pay for out of pocket?

Liburds are freakishly stupid.

And while bed wetting communist lunatics were burning and looting US cities. I guess the canucks figured they could buy guns here though.

Canadians can buy guns here to. But they can't carry them in public. Handguns must be stored in locked boxes, and transported to the gun range in locked boxes as well. Nor can they buy them in the US and take them back to Canada.

My brother went deer hunting every year for two weeks. My ex' family owns a hunt camp up north. My daughter owns a varmint gun to protect her chickens. Lots of Canadians have guns. We just don't shoot one another with them.

Forum List

Back