Second Coldest Start To Spring In US History

The jihad warmists have the argument surrounded. When it's warm it's warm and when it's cold it's warm. If you try to reason with them they call you a moron and they go whining back to the freaks who live on government grants and call themselves "scientists".

The jihad warmists have the argument surrounded. When it's warm it's warm and when it's cold it's warm. If you try to reason with them they call you a moron and they go whining back to the freaks who live on government grants and call themselves "scientists".

I think it laughable when they post how unscientific someone is for posting a scientific article and them telling you GW is real because they don't remember it being this warm. I really have to wonder if they have not had a heat stroke somewhere in the past.

Remember folks, it isn't GW anymore it is climate change. Although no one as yet has told me of any area whose climate has changed. Maybe the weather but not the climate. Of course the again one would have to know the difference.

I don't know where you get your weather info but here in the southeast we haven't had a real winter since 2010-11. :confused:

Anyway -- are you actually as dense as Sylvester the Cat (Sean Hannity) to the point where you believe climate change theory means there can never be a cold day? And then allude to the difference between climate and weather in the same thread?

Sure you wanna own that?

:dig:

A real winter since 2010/2011? wow that was eons ago lol...

Remember folks, it isn't GW anymore it is climate change. Although no one as yet has told me of any area whose climate has changed. Maybe the weather but not the climate. Of course the again one would have to know the difference.

I don't know where you get your weather info but here in the southeast we haven't had a real winter since 2010-11. :confused:

Anyway -- are you actually as dense as Sylvester the Cat (Sean Hannity) to the point where you believe climate change theory means there can never be a cold day? And then allude to the difference between climate and weather in the same thread?

Sure you wanna own that?

As per usual with the CC/AGW crowd you spout stuff without one ounce of backing. You scream that temperature can't be used and what is your example, the temperature in your area. And that is just how you remember it not anything near scientific. You didn't mention a specific area so I used Jacksonville FL as southeast. Here is the weather for that area in 2011:

KJAX2011plot.png

Now, do you really want to own it. Besides, the southeast, I laugh they don't have winter.

Another point sails over your head. Your OP says "second coldest start to spring" and "no one as yet has told me of any area whose climate has changed". So I noted what's going on here in Carolina (which is in my profile thingy), where it hasn't been cold at all. That's number one.

Granted, two years does not a climate make, nor was that the intended point, but neither does reading a temperature on the day that happens to be the vernal equinox. Or whatever that link is supposed to be-- there's no article with it. So basically you say "it's cold" and I say "not here it's not". And btw since you don't know me and we've never conversed before today, nor have I posted on this topic ..... how exactly do you decide what "crowds" I'm with?

So let's summarize the points we've proven in the thread so far:

(end list)

Last edited:

Sure you wanna own that?

As per usual with the CC/AGW crowd you spout stuff without one ounce of backing. You scream that temperature can't be used and what is your example, the temperature in your area. And that is just how you remember it not anything near scientific. You didn't mention a specific area so I used Jacksonville FL as southeast. Here is the weather for that area in 2011:

Now, do you really want to own it. Besides, the southeast, I laugh they don't have winter.

Another point sails over your head. Your OP says "second coldest start to spring" and "no one as yet has told me of any area whose climate has changed". So I noted what's going on here in Carolina (which is in my profile thingy), where it hasn't been cold at all. That's number one.

Granted, two years does not a climate make, but neither does reading a temperature on the day that happens to be the vernal equinox. Or whatever that link is supposed to be-- there's no article with it. So basically you say "it's cold" and I say "not here it's not". And btw since you don't know me and we've never conversed before today, nor have I posted on this topic ..... how exactly do you decide what "crowds" I'm with?

(end list)

I live in Jacksonville Florida, and it has been plenty cold here. We had freezing temperatures in March, which is unheard of. All sorts of cold temperature records were broken this winter.

My anecdotal evidence trumps yours.

Sure you wanna own that?

KJAX2011plot.png

Granted, two years does not a climate make, but neither does reading a temperature on the day that happens to be the vernal equinox. Or whatever that link is supposed to be-- there's no article with it. So basically you say "it's cold" and I say "not here it's not". And btw since you don't know me and we've never conversed before today, nor have I posted on this topic ..... how exactly do you decide what "crowds" I'm with?

(end list)

I live in the upstate of south carolina and have been wearing long johns since November and do you want me to post my heating bills? this cold lasted way longer then normal this year.

Last edited:

KJAX2011plot.png

(end list)

I live in the upstate of south carolina and have been wearing long johns since November and do you want me to post my heating bills? this cold lasted way longer then normal this year.

uh... no thanks. Your heating bills would have no meaning without context. I'm in the other Carolina and guess what-- I'm in long johns right now and have been since November also. That's what's called "normal" around here.

When I say we "didn't have a winter" I speak colloquially, not literally. Of course we had the season, just didn't have the cold. You know what the coldest temperature I recorded all winter was? Fifteen degrees. Roughly ten above a normal year. And last year was similar. Nor have we got any lasting snow since two winters ago. Plenty of rain, way too much rain, but virtually no snow because it wasn't cold enough. That's not a normal winter.

Now if we're talking about a slow start to Spring I don't have a scientific basis but subjectively I'd agree. The thing is, anomalies like this serve confirm, not deny, the science that demagogues (with the help of Big Tobacco money pulling the puppet strings of course) love to deny. So in that way they're actually shooting their own point in the foot.

(end list)

uh... no thanks. Your heating bills would have no meaning without context. I'm in the other Carolina and guess what-- I'm in long johns right now and have been since November also. That's what's called "normal" around here.

When I say we "didn't have a winter" I speak colloquially, not literally. Of course we had the season, just didn't have the cold. You know what the coldest temperature I recorded all winter was? Fifteen degrees. Roughly ten above a normal year. And last year was similar. Nor have we got any lasting snow since two winters ago. Plenty of rain, way too much rain, but virtually no snow because it wasn't cold enough. That's not a normal winter.

Now if we're talking about a slow start to Spring I don't have a scientific basis but subjectively I'd agree. The thing is, anomalies like this serve confirm, not deny, the science that demagogues (with the help of Big Tobacco money pulling the puppet strings of course) love to deny. So in that way they're actually shooting their own point in the foot.

No it really doesnt...this is a history and its pretty random here in denver

Denvers Winter/Cold Season Statistics

Forum List

Back