Seattle

Oh ya...screw B-Ham. Take an Annacortes ferry to Orcas Island where I grew up as a kid. Truly MAGICAL!!! On a sunny day you will see greens that are the envy of Ireland. The green moss is so brilliant it can blind you. Like the green on humming birds?... or mallard ducks? that's Orcas Island EVERYWHERE.

Orcas are beautiful. Stumbled across some festival in July. OK my memory is going. Saw pods of killer whales. It was awesome. I love the NW.

Oh, and watch out for those northwest liberals. They stop for pedestrians, love anything on 4 legs, and vote for almost all taxes.

Not true. No income tax. 10% sales on some things..not food. We usually reject taxes, levies and bonds. We do like our football...sports stadiums are an easy sell.

Bill Gates and Paul Allen live here and are doing OK. Gate drives his own cars all around. They are not complaining..just the opposite. Don't move up here if you drive like an asshole like Mal. Hardly ever hear a horn honk..THAT'S a big plus in my book!:lol:

If ya rent a car and ya like the crab meat. The very best in the whole world is the Dungeness which we have in abundance. For a crab feast beyond belief drive out on the North end of the Olympic Peninsula to the Dungeness Spit. Take a large fish net suitable to land a Salmon and a long pole and some bungee cords. Get to the Spit an 2 hous before low tide at the boat landing. You will be able to wade out for almost half a mile among the kelp in about a foot of water at lowest tide. You can scoop the crabs right out of the water with the extended fish net..have a partner holding a large bucket with a handle to keep the crabs in. You can keep three for every member in your party. Before you head out go by a second hand store and buy a large(3-5 gal) metal pot with a lid. You will need to take along 3 or 4 gallons of fresh water with you also. You can make a fire at the Spit campgrounds and boil up the crabs. You will never forget the taste of these crabs fresh cooked. Don't forget the "fixins" Ketsup, horseradish, sweet relish, lemons..and whatever else ya like to eat and drink with a crab feast.

Here are a few pics. The water inside the Spit looks deep but it isn't. The whole thing is extremely shallow at low tide. At any given time there are probably 1000-10000 crabs in the Spit.

dungeness spit crab pictures - Google Search

see Huggy.....he knows people.....

Huggy is there?

:hellno:

Yup! If you really want some advice on stuff to do send me a PM. If you are just doing a tourist thing ..that part is easy. It kinda depends on the weather but..The Pike Place Market is great rain or shine... Like seafood? Stroll down the waterfront piers and you'll get a "commercial" version.. many to choose from. Rent a car. The south face of Queen Anne Hill has several parks with an excellent view of the city. Like boats?..everything from ships, tugs, fishing boats and some pretty nice yachts use the Balllard Locks every day. AKA Hiram Chittenden Locks. Several of the boats in the Discovery channel most dangerous catch are down at Fishermans terminal..you can walk down all of the docks..it's public. Also some of the best seafood is at Fishermans terminal. Also the best seafood market..smaller than the one at Pke Place but better fish.

Space needle? I guess... hard to get personal from 700 feet up. Take a sightseeing boat from the piers and ask for the tour to Lake Washington... Highlights...The Locks..Bill Gates compound ...Floating bridges

If you are staying in town at a hotel..spring for a hotel with a Puget Sound view as high up as you can get. The Olympic Mountains are spectacular. Screw the Space Needle...Take a Kenmore Air seaplane flight around the city. You will enjoy that a hell of a lot more than the Needle.

Like planes...Boeing Museum of Flight is FABULOUS!!!! The coolest exhibition of military jets anywhere.

That's much of the general stuff.. need more specifics? PM.

Thanks Huggy, but I won't be there very long, unless they offer me a job.

Then I'll need to know:
1. where the Red-Light district is, and
2. where you can buy a live octopus.

If ya rent a car and ya like the crab meat. The very best in the whole world is the Dungeness which we have in abundance. For a crab feast beyond belief drive out on the North end of the Olympic Peninsula to the Dungeness Spit. Take a large fish net suitable to land a Salmon and a long pole and some bungee cords. Get to the Spit an 2 hous before low tide at the boat landing. You will be able to wade out for almost half a mile among the kelp in about a foot of water at lowest tide. You can scoop the crabs right out of the water with the extended fish net..have a partner holding a large bucket with a handle to keep the crabs in. You can keep three for every member in your party. Before you head out go by a second hand store and buy a large(3-5 gal) metal pot with a lid. You will need to take along 3 or 4 gallons of fresh water with you also. You can make a fire at the Spit campgrounds and boil up the crabs. You will never forget the taste of these crabs fresh cooked. Don't forget the "fixins" Ketsup, horseradish, sweet relish, lemons..and whatever else ya like to eat and drink with a crab feast.

Here are a few pics. The water inside the Spit looks deep but it isn't. The whole thing is extremely shallow at low tide. At any given time there are probably 1000-10000 crabs in the Spit.

dungeness spit crab pictures - Google Search

Now THIS sounds GREAT.

mediaManager

Not the kind of crabs I'm used to....:redface:

Huggy is there?

:hellno:

Yup! If you really want some advice on stuff to do send me a PM. If you are just doing a tourist thing ..that part is easy. It kinda depends on the weather but..The Pike Place Market is great rain or shine... Like seafood? Stroll down the waterfront piers and you'll get a "commercial" version.. many to choose from. Rent a car. The south face of Queen Anne Hill has several parks with an excellent view of the city. Like boats?..everything from ships, tugs, fishing boats and some pretty nice yachts use the Balllard Locks every day. AKA Hiram Chittenden Locks. Several of the boats in the Discovery channel most dangerous catch are down at Fishermans terminal..you can walk down all of the docks..it's public. Also some of the best seafood is at Fishermans terminal. Also the best seafood market..smaller than the one at Pke Place but better fish.

Space needle? I guess... hard to get personal from 700 feet up. Take a sightseeing boat from the piers and ask for the tour to Lake Washington... Highlights...The Locks..Bill Gates compound ...Floating bridges

If you are staying in town at a hotel..spring for a hotel with a Puget Sound view as high up as you can get. The Olympic Mountains are spectacular. Screw the Space Needle...Take a Kenmore Air seaplane flight around the city. You will enjoy that a hell of a lot more than the Needle.

Like planes...Boeing Museum of Flight is FABULOUS!!!! The coolest exhibition of military jets anywhere.

Then I'll need to know:

You like octopus? Heh...Heh... We have some of the largest on the planet.. Get you a scuba tank and dive lessons... Puget Sound octopus...

Results of The First Giant Octopus Survey in Puget Sound - The Cephalopod Page

I'm gonna be visiting next week.

Any advice?

Go to Capitol Hill. Lol

You for sure have to go to Pike place. Take the ferry to Bainbridge Island.
And it is expensive to go to the space needle.;)
Sculptor Park is cool, and you can see the Freemont Troll.

Oh, and watch out for those northwest liberals. They stop for pedestrians, love anything on 4 legs, and vote for almost all taxes.

Not true. No income tax. 10% sales on some things..not food. We usually reject taxes, levies and bonds. We do like our football...sports stadiums are an easy sell.

Bill Gates and Paul Allen live here and are doing OK. Gate drives his own cars all around. They are not complaining..just the opposite. Don't move up here if you drive like an asshole like Mal. Hardly ever hear a horn honk..THAT'S a big plus in my book!:lol:

Pure Crap, HUGGY!... I've been there... Seen it, done the Whale Cruise, got the T-Shirt... And the Stinky Hippies up there need to NOT Drive... :thup:

:)

peace...

I feel obliged to inform you all that Malcolm's surprise outrage comes as a consequence of me grassing Huggy up on Malcolm's flame zone thread for calling Malcom an "asshole" on this thread. Forgive me for any by proxy disruption caused as a result of my treacherous disclosure, but I was bored and felt like stirring it up a bit.

I feel obliged to inform you all that Malcolm's surprise outrage comes as a consequence of me grassing Huggy up on Malcolm's flame zone thread for calling Malcom an "asshole" on this thread. Forgive me for any by proxy disruption caused as a result of my treacherous disclosure, but I was bored and felt like stirring it up a bit.

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaadup, Swaggart!...

:)

peace...

Then I'll need to know:

You like octopus? Heh...Heh... We have some of the largest on the planet.. Get you a scuba tank and dive lessons... Puget Sound octopus...

Results of The First Giant Octopus Survey in Puget Sound - The Cephalopod Page

Hood Canal: Octopus

population certainly seems healthy and abundant in Hood Canal.

Hoodsport, Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hoodsport is renowned among SCUBA divers as a staging area to view the giant Pacific octopus. Local marine preserves such as Octopus Hole[2] and Sund Rock offer divers the chance to see octopus, as well as wolf eels, rock fish, plumose anemones and other marine life

Forum List

Back