Seattle

I left my miserably Hot Room at the Airport Fairfield in Dallas (the fuckin AC was out), at 4:30 AM to go sleep in the comparatively comfortable Alaska Air Gate until 7 AM.

Arrived in Seattle at 9 AM Local Time, screwed around with Avis, finally got my car (Mustang) and drove 73 miles north to Burlington, WA. It was a wonderfully cool 50 F. I was struck by three things:

1. The number of Asians and/or Native Americans
2. The number of White people wearing Black clothes
3. Every exit off IH 5 has a Starbucks

If I'd just come from CO, then I bet I'd have found the number, and size of trees somewhat amazing.

Anyway, from Burlington I drove to Anacortes, and paid a lot for a take-out fried oyster lunch at Adrift, "Swell Food" restaurant, across from the USP Office in the "Historical District." But it was all good. Ate it at The Waiting Room for the Ferry to Friday Harbour (this was Huggy's suggestion, and it was a stroke of Genius, whatever else you might believe about him, he knows WTF to do in the San Juan Islands).

Sorry Huggy, but time and scheduling didn't permit visiting Orcas Island. However, I had to try the clams at the Hungry Clam restaurant in Friday Harbor. The ferry ride was FANTASTIC. Weather was sunny, clear, Water sparkling, scenery could not be more amazing, unless an Orca would have shown itself (which they didn't).

Returned to Burlington at 9 PM local, and will soon collapse so I may be coherent during my interview tomorrow, which, oddly, is scheduled for just one hour. This leads me to believe that they needed a "filler" candidate, and I'm it. Meh, oh well, I'll eat a LOT of crabs tomorrow after I drive to Seattle to spend the night.

Friday Harbor is an amazing place. The San Juan Islands were John Wayne's favorite place to vacation. All those islands are incredible, just forrests in the ocean. Glad you were able to visit, Samson.

I left my miserably Hot Room at the Airport Fairfield in Dallas (the fuckin AC was out), at 4:30 AM to go sleep in the comparatively comfortable Alaska Air Gate until 7 AM.

Arrived in Seattle at 9 AM Local Time, screwed around with Avis, finally got my car (Mustang) and drove 73 miles north to Burlington, WA. It was a wonderfully cool 50 F. I was struck by three things:

1. The number of Asians and/or Native Americans
2. The number of White people wearing Black clothes
3. Every exit off IH 5 has a Starbucks

If I'd just come from CO, then I bet I'd have found the number, and size of trees somewhat amazing.

Anyway, from Burlington I drove to Anacortes, and paid a lot for a take-out fried oyster lunch at Adrift, "Swell Food" restaurant, across from the USP Office in the "Historical District." But it was all good. Ate it at The Waiting Room for the Ferry to Friday Harbour (this was Huggy's suggestion, and it was a stroke of Genius, whatever else you might believe about him, he knows WTF to do in the San Juan Islands).

Sorry Huggy, but time and scheduling didn't permit visiting Orcas Island. However, I had to try the clams at the Hungry Clam restaurant in Friday Harbor. The ferry ride was FANTASTIC. Weather was sunny, clear, Water sparkling, scenery could not be more amazing, unless an Orca would have shown itself (which they didn't).

Returned to Burlington at 9 PM local, and will soon collapse so I may be coherent during my interview tomorrow, which, oddly, is scheduled for just one hour. This leads me to believe that they needed a "filler" candidate, and I'm it. Meh, oh well, I'll eat a LOT of crabs tomorrow after I drive to Seattle to spend the night.

I'm glad the sun was out for your ferry ride. That is not unusual even when it is overcast all over the rest of Western Washington. Ya the sunlight makes everything "sparkle" in the San Juans. I especially am partial to the "greens". Hope your interview goes well. At least you got to take in some of the best of the Northwest no matter if you land the job or not.

Sorry it is overcast today in Seattle.

Your best bet for great crab is "Chinooks" at Fishermans Terminal or the piers down at the Seattle waterfront or "Ray"s Boat House" at Shilshole(Just West of Ballard and the "Locks"). There are also several great restaurants on the South shore of Lake Union and a real good one on the North shore of Lake Union "Ivars Salmon House" which has crab AND the best Salmon you might ever get. Enjoy!

Friday Harbor is an amazing place. The San Juan Islands were John Wayne's favorite place to vacation. All those islands are incredible, just forrests in the ocean. Glad you were able to visit, Samson.

Interesting to know about John Wayne. I can easily see why he'd like it: It is cool.

Big men need cooler weather.

I stood on the forward decks letting the wind cool all the Texas out of me for about the entire ferry ride until I was worried Leonardo de Caprio might sneak up behind me:

smooch-2.jpg

I'm glad the sun was out for your ferry ride. That is not unusual even when it is overcast all over the rest of Western Washington. Ya the sunlight makes everything "sparkle" in the San Juans. I especially am partial to the "greens". Hope your interview goes well. At least you got to take in some of the best of the Northwest no matter if you land the job or not.

Sorry it is overcast today in Seattle.

Your best bet for great crab is "Chinooks" at Fishermans Terminal or the piers down at the Seattle waterfront or "Ray"s Boat House" at Shilshole(Just West of Ballard and the "Locks"). There are also several great restaurants on the South shore of Lake Union and a real good one on the North shore of Lake Union "Ivars Salmon House" which has crab AND the best Salmon you might ever get. Enjoy!

Maybe I'll try all three?

My interview ends at around 2:30, so I'll beat the traffic around Seattle to the nearest one and camp for happy hour, then pick off the other two on my way to the hotel near the airport.

:eusa_eh:

My flight isn't until 2 PM tomorrow.....:cool:

If you like Martinis, go to Vons on Pine Street/ downtown, it's kitty corner from Nordstrom's. They have won many "Best Martini" contests. Ask for their regular martini, don't get any of those fake Martinis that are flavored that pussy's drink.

Last edited:
If you like Martinis, go to Vons on Pine Street/ downtown, it's kitty corner from Nordstrom's. They have won many "Best Martini" contests. Ask for their regular martini, don't get any of those fake Martinis that are flavored that pussy's drink.

Ya...PERFECT! Send him down to "crack dealers corner"! Roving gangs of black kids selling drugs and killing each other. Seriously Samson...stay away from 1st ave, 2nd ave and 3rd ave between Denny to the North and Quest Stadium to the South. We don't have a lot of crime in Seattle compared to many cities..but if you want to find it ...inside those blocks is where it is.

The closest you want to get to that area is the "Pike Place Market" which is a great place to visit. DO NOT go East from there. There are literally HUNDREDS of people up to no good in that area at any given moment. Just park down by the Market or under the Viaduct(by the waterfront) if you visit downtown.

Well, now you've hit a sore spot for me.:(

I like Vodka Martini's, with a stack of olives on the side.

Almost no one can make this simple cocktail as well as me, so I'm always disapointed with the results I get at bars.

The Vodka MUST BE FROZEN, for Christssakes!!! Why every goddamn bar in the country cannot keep a bottle of vodka in their freezer has always discouraged me from ordering them. Also, the GLASS should be in the freezer, but it damn well shouldn't be dipped in water first. AND THE GLASS SHOULD BE CLEAR, not green, or blue, or red, or any other fucking color!! There are some, mainly wimmins, that feel the asthetic value of the glass looks better when it is "frosted." :evil:

NO, ALL YOU ARE DOING IS WATERING DOWN THE VODKA!!!

Ya...PERFECT! Send him down to "crack dealers corner"! Roving gangs of black kids selling drugs and killing each other. Seriously Samson...stay away from 1st ave, 2nd ave and 3rd ave between Denny to the North and Quest Stadium to the South. We don't have a lot of crime in Seattle compared to many cities..but if you want to find it ...inside those blocks is where it is.

The closest you want to get to that area is the "Pike Place Market" which is a great place to visit. DO NOT go East from there. There are literally HUNDREDS of people up to no good in that area at any given moment. Just park down by the Market or under the Viaduct(by the waterfront) if you visit downtown.

Hmmmm, that area must of changed since I lived there. :eek:
But hey, I don't like Samson's politics, so Samson please go to Vons! :lol:

I just bought a coat at the Burlington Coat Factory. Samson, are you going to be making coats if you get the job?

Too Bad you bought the coat.

I was giving several away to retards that need them.

:razz:

So how many did you keep for yourself?

:cool:

Um...none: It's spring in May, then it will be summer.

One day you'll notice this happens with some predictable regularity in the Northern Hemisphere: Summer is Warm, so you don't need a coat.

:tongue:

Too Bad you bought the coat.

I was giving several away to retards that need them.

:razz:

One day you'll notice this happens with some predictable regularity in the Northern Hemisphere: Summer is Warm, so you don't need a coat.

Where I work, it's always cold. You definitely need a coat.

Where I work, it's always cold. You definitely need a coat.

Well, you could get a job outside the chicken processing plant.

But, does biting heads off chickens ever get old?

Well...This just in...Samson just called...He's down at Ray's Boat House eating something he says "looks like a phallic symbol" :eek: WTF???? I guess it is actually smoked salmon on a skewer.. THEN he goes on to tell me the bartender tells him HUGGY's choices of restaurants suck's!!! WTF??? I recommended Ray's and this ungrateful POS bartender NOW has a problem with where I recommend Samson to go???? He invited me to go meet him there but Hell...!!! I don't have any nice threads here at the motel and all the places he's goin are kinda swanky!! He sounds like a fun guy though.. My guess is he'll find some hottie before the night is over and he'll forget about all that crab feastin and shit. You go git you some Samson... !!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He may call again from "Chinooks" at Fishermans terminal I'll report in if he is still sober enough to dial my number!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not true. No income tax. 10% sales on some things..not food. We usually reject taxes, levies and bonds. We do like our football...sports stadiums are an easy sell.

Bill Gates and Paul Allen live here and are doing OK. Gate drives his own cars all around. They are not complaining..just the opposite. Don't move up here if you drive like an asshole like Mal. Hardly ever hear a horn honk..THAT'S a big plus in my book!:lol:

Pure Crap, HUGGY!... I've been there... Seen it, done the Whale Cruise, got the T-Shirt... And the Stinky Hippies up there need to NOT Drive... :thup:

:)

peace...

Never sniffed the "Hippies". We have two kindza "waves" up here. We invented the "Stadium Wave" right here at the U of W football stadium. The other one is the "Seattle wave". It is annoying. That's when ya slow down and let someone merge at a yeild or when they change lanes. The person ahead "waves" thank you and THEN they expect you to wave back "You're welcome". I have to admit when you are tryin to talk on the cell phone, put a CD in the player, push the Pit Bull off your lap, eyeball the hottie in the rig next to you, stuff that Jack in the crack taco in yur yap, suck down a Dick's Chocolate shake, AND drive...It is a little too much distraction to wave back... You'd think they would just be happy with the courtesy of not running them off the road!:lol:

Well we're all relieved that the car you're talking about never moves, but just sits there on its blocks,where it's been since you moved in 10 years ago.

So you and Samson really met up?

So Samson looks like his avie...does Huggy look like his?

What a hoot!

Well I met Samson. He looks just like his avie. He drank I had water cuz I don't drink.

That is all.

Exactly.

We met at Chinooks, The only seafood restaurant in Seattle that did not have a WHOLE DUNGENESS crab. Here I was, all ready for Huggy's biology lesson about the creature, and all that was provided was a crab cocktail containg what Huggy sadly declared was "only a fourth of the meat of a whole crab."

I did find a great oyster place, and Rays is good for smoked salmon skewers

I'll post Huggy's doggie pic when I finally return to Denver. The Bastard.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back