Seattle Democrats Cancel Columbus Day. Replace It With "indigenous People's Day"

Already answered and dismissed. You are not ready for the big leagues, bub.
You're not answering the question. You don't have to be part of the negotiations to have an opinion, and it would only make sense that since you believe Columbus was a bad person that you wouldn't want to see your federal workers getting a paid day off in the name of Columbus. Right ?

The answer was already given. You simply are not happy with it. Tough.
Wasn't an answer. Come on, put your money where your mouth is. If you think Columbus was a bad person, you should actively be calling for your federal employees to stop celebrating this day.

Celebrate the contributions of indians?? HAHAHA. Before the white man came, no indian tribe even had a written language. They were stone age people and they still would be except the white man takes care of them.

Columbus Day will now be Indigenous Peoples Day in Seattle Fox News

oct 6 2014
SEATTLE – The Seattle City Council is replacing Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples' Day in the city.

The resolution that passed unanimously Monday celebrates the contributions and culture of Native Americans and the indigenous community in Seattle on the second Monday in October, the same day as the federally recognized Columbus Day.

Tribal members and other supporters say the move recognizes the rich history of people who have inhabited the area for centuries.

"This action will allow us to bring into current present day our valuable and rich history, and it's there for future generations to learn," said Fawn Sharp, president of the Quinault Indian Nation on the Olympic Peninsula, who is also president of the Affiliated Tribes of Northwest Indians.

"Nobody discovered Seattle, Washington," she said to a round of applause.

Columbus Day should be replaced with anything else. He didn't discover America as the presence of native peoples attests to say nothing of the half dozen or more other cultures which 'discovered' it before he did.

"1492. As children we were taught to memorize this year with pride and joy as the year people began living full and imaginative lives on the continent of North America. Actually, people had been living full and imaginative lives on the continent of North America for hundreds of years before that. 1492 was simply the year sea pirates began to rob, cheat, and kill them." - Kurt Vonnegut

Columbus day is a slap in the face to people across the globe. To actually celebrate a bumbling screw up, pedophilic predator, STD carrying, mass murderer is beyond comprehension. Since I became aware of the real story I use the day to teach my children about the NA side of their family and point out the hypocrisy (once again) evident in white peoples version of history.

For 50 years the left has found new and exciting ways to keep their victimology movement in tact.

Ask any of them if there has ever been a black tyrant in Africa. Hell, they still think white Europeans caught Africans with nets in Africa. No, seriously they do believe that.

They also pretty much believe Natives resembled those blue flying beings living under a tree in perfect harmony and were never cruel to each other or anyone else before the white man came here with a musket, bible, coins and wheels.

Celebrate the contributions of indians?? HAHAHA. Before the white man came, no indian tribe even had a written language. They were stone age people and they still would be except the white man takes care of them.

oct 6 2014
SEATTLE – The Seattle City Council is replacing Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples' Day in the city.

The resolution that passed unanimously Monday celebrates the contributions and culture of Native Americans and the indigenous community in Seattle on the second Monday in October, the same day as the federally recognized Columbus Day.

Tribal members and other supporters say the move recognizes the rich history of people who have inhabited the area for centuries.

"This action will allow us to bring into current present day our valuable and rich history, and it's there for future generations to learn," said Fawn Sharp, president of the Quinault Indian Nation on the Olympic Peninsula, who is also president of the Affiliated Tribes of Northwest Indians.

Columbus Day should be replaced with anything else. He didn't discover America as the presence of native peoples attests to say nothing of the half dozen or more other cultures which 'discovered' it before he did.

"1492. As children we were taught to memorize this year with pride and joy as the year people began living full and imaginative lives on the continent of North America. Actually, people had been living full and imaginative lives on the continent of North America for hundreds of years before that. 1492 was simply the year sea pirates began to rob, cheat, and kill them." - Kurt Vonnegut

Columbus day is a slap in the face to people across the globe. To actually celebrate a bumbling screw up, pedophilic predator, STD carrying, mass murderer is beyond comprehension. Since I became aware of the real story I use the day to teach my children about the NA side of their family and point out the hypocrisy (once again) evident in white peoples version of history.

Actually the slap in the face is the symbol the democrats use to symbolize their pathetic party. Andrew Jackson was called a jackass for actions he took, much like the Indian Removal Act of 1830 which caused the TRAIL OF TEARS.

You are pathetic ignorant left wing hack who feigns outrage and stand for nothing. Well, let us see you denounce the democrat symbol if you stand for something.

For 50 years the left has found new and exciting ways to keep their victimology movement in tact.

Ask any of them if there has ever been a black tyrant in Africa. Hell, they still think white caught slaves with nets in Africa. No, seriously they do believe that.

They also pretty much believe Natives resembled those blue flying beings living under a tree in perfect harmony and were never cruel to each other or anyone else before the white man came here with a musket, bible, coins and wheels.

People like you are interesting. Your standard answer for acting like savage feral chimps is that "well they were fighting among themselves". What does that have to do with lying, deceit, genocide, and or slavery by white mass murderers?

oct 6 2014

Actually the slap in the face is the symbol the democrats use to symbolize their pathetic party. Andrew Jackson was called a jackass for actions he took, much like the Indian Removal Act of 1830 which caused the TRAIL OF TEARS.

You are pathetic ignorant left wing hack who feigns outrage and stand for nothing. Well, let us see you denounce the democrat symbol if you stand for something.

Since I'm not a democrat I could care less about their symbol. However, please stop with your deflections. The OP is about columbus day idiot not the democrats. I think you are just pissed off because once again another white man is being exposed for the POS he was.

Ask any of them if there has ever been a black tyrant in Africa. Hell, they still think white caught slaves with nets in Africa. No, seriously they do believe that.

People like you are interesting. Your standard answer for acting like savage feral chimps is that "well they were fighting among themselves". What does that have to do with lying, deceit, genocide, and or slavery by white mass murderers?

The mass murder was actually done by the black muslim tribes who enslaved the conquered tribes. They then sold the captured to Portugal for weapons so they could expand their power and territories.

You are an ignorant left wing cocksucker who is nothing but a bag of cliches.

You think the minorities are simply innocent of everything. Why? Cause you are a fucking liberal.

You are fucking pathetic. You have no fucking clue how the transatlantic slave trade even started. I love it how you think Natives in this country were simply all so innocent before Europeans got here. I love how you think Africans were the only enslaved people in earth's history.

I love how you think the African war lords were not tyrants. I love you still do not think there are African tyrannical war lords in Africa today.

You are ignorant as all fuck, and nothing but a big bag of cliches you brainwashed dipshit.

oct 6 2014

Since I'm not a democrat I could care less about their symbol. However, please stop with your deflections. The OP is about columbus day idiot not the democrats. I think you are just pissed off because once again another white man is being exposed for the POS he was.

Yet, you still do not show your outrage over the symbol, which is the actual slap in the face. That was the point.

Go ahead, show your outrage. Then again, you obfuscating and making some warped point that it is not the point of the thread only proves my claim that you do not actually care.

Then again I do not need proof. You are a fucking hack. You are a race dividing fucking loser.

Tell us again how the Natives are all innocent of everything and were nothing but harmonious people planting corn and loving each other.

The mass murder was actually done by the black muslim tribes who enslaved the conquered tribes. They then sold the captured to Portugal for weapons so they could expand their power and territories.

You are an ignorant left wing cocksucker who is nothing but a bag of cliches.

You think the minorities are simply innocent of everything. Why? Cause you are a fucking liberal.

You are fucking pathetic. You have no fucking clue how the transatlantic slave trade even started. I love it how you think Natives in this country were simply all so innocent before Europeans got here. I love how you think Africans were the only enslaved people in earth's history.

I love how you think the African war lords were not tyrants. I love you still do not think there are African tyrannical war lords in Africa today.

You are ignorant as all fuck, and nothing but a big bag of cliches you brainwashed dipshit.

Talk about a pathetic ignorant fuck. They were Arabs retard but again you deflect. Stay on point. I wont let you deflect. Columbus day remember? STD carrying little girl/boy loving white man? You whites made him your hero. Then you want to claim its a tradition. Since you want to claim him tell me what he did? Its pretty pathetic the best you can do is say "Look over there. Nothing to see here."

I hear ya. But try white history month and liberals would howl.

That's because it would last more than 1 month, more like 11.5. Even PBS World can't dream up enough PC filler to make any minority 'History Month' last more than a few hours of air time before it starts repeating them. Off-topic, but that channel already has a 'Life After Ferguson' propaganda piece on the air. Didn't watch it yet, but it's bound to be ridiculous.

Yet, you still do not show your outrage over the symbol, which is the actual slap in the face. That was the point.

Go ahead, show your outrage. Then again, you obfuscating and making some warped point that it is not the point of the thread only proves my claim that you do not actually care.

Then again I do not need proof. You are a fucking hack. You are a race dividing fucking loser.

Tell us again how the Natives are all innocent of everything and were nothing but harmonious people planting corn and loving each other.
I already told to stop deflecting. Dont let me have to warn you again. This isnt about democrats. Its about the white boy columbus and his arrival in the new world and the destruction he fostered and the events he set in motion. He was a mass murderer. He was a pedophile. He brought syphilis to the americas. You white people think he is the best thing since sliced bread. Can you explain why you fight to keep his holiday alive?

I already told to stop deflecting. Dont let me have to warn you again. This isnt about democrats. Its about the white boy columbus and his arrival in the new world and the destruction he fostered and the events he set in motion. He was a mass murderer. He was a pedophile. He brought syphilis to the americas. You white people think he is the best thing since sliced bread. Can you explain why you fight to keep his holiday alive?

The fact that it annoys assholes is a big plus in its favor.

The fact that it annoys assholes is a big plus in its favor.

Thanks for being honest and admitting he didn't do shit but white people like to pretend he did something great. I would say they should change the slogan to "colubus discovered america.....for white people" but there were white people that came over even before he did. I always figured there was another reason they lied about this. You just clarified it was to annoy people.

oct 6 2014

The Incas and Mayans and Aztecs didn't have a written language?

I'm pretty sure they did not. The carved symbols that represented things, but no actual written language.

oct 6 2014

I'm pretty sure they did not. The carved symbols that represented things, but no actual written language.
What do you think letters are and why did no European culture ever invent a written language?

oct 6 2014

What do you think letters are and why did no European culture ever invent a written language?

Lol, with each post you show yourself to be a bigger and bigger idiot. Keep it up dumbass.

oct 6 2014

Lol, with each post you show yourself to be a bigger and bigger idiot. Keep it up dumbass.
Does that mean you dont have an answer or you are embarrassed because you know the truth?

Forum List

Back