Seattle Democrats Cancel Columbus Day. Replace It With "indigenous People's Day"

Washington state is becoming California North. Jeez what a pack if moon bats!
Most of the state isn't like that but the Seattle metro area is so populated it often sets the tone and pushes the agenda.

Interesting also is the Kennewick man. He was found many years ago in Kennewick, WA. Scientists had to sue to get access to him, since the feds didn't like the ramifications. He was not indigenous and predated "natives" (who were from immigrants themselves).

Scientists Mysterious Kennewick Man looked Polynesian and came from far away - The Washington Post
The origin of Kennewick Man is relevant to the future disposition of his bones. Native American tribes have claimed him as one of their ancestors and have sought to rebury the remains in keeping with their customs. The scientists argued that there is no evidence linking any of today’s tribes to the skeleton.

And Seattle is the definition of todays white liberals, they have more dogs than kids. It's the best thing about them. :2up:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 71
Patriotic Americans learn about our history warts and good looks all. That is what the mainstream of American does.

The left learns only about the bad, the far right only about the good, and real Americas learn it all.
So I take it then you'll be out on the streets protesting the Postal union for celebrating Columbus Day as a paid day off.

Patriotic Americans learn about our history warts and good looks all. That is what the mainstream of American does.

The left learns only about the bad, the far right only about the good, and real Americas learn it all.
So I take it then you'll be out on the streets protesting the Postal union for celebrating Columbus Day as a paid day off.

That's a federal government and union negotiation, and has nothing to do with Seattle.

See how that works: good looks, warts, and all.

black history month
hispanic history week
indigenous day

yea, that's not racist

I hear ya. But try white history month and liberals would howl.
White history is taught every day in school.
As it should be since we are the superior race.

And that's why the overwhelming majority of the white race laughs at you.

Every group has a subspecies, and you are ours, Steve.

Most African Americans have contributed far more than Steve.

HAHAHA. Blacks choose one of three careers - crime, welfare, or sports. When you can't read, count, or tell time, that's about it.

Blacks are useless.

And most American blacks have contributed far more than shoots speeders. Tis what it is.

That's a federal government and union negotiation, and has nothing to do with Seattle.

But I would assume since you believe Columbus was a bad guy, that there should be no one getting a paid day off in his name. Right ?

black history month
hispanic history week
indigenous day

yea, that's not racist

As it should be, we built this country.

Yes, we were part of it, with slave labor, Californios, Irish economic labor, Nuevo Mexicanos, southern dixie backs who swam the Red and Sabine illegally into Tejas, and so forth and so on.

It was all of us, bub.

But I would assume since you believe Columbus was a bad guy, that there should be no one getting a paid day off in his name. Right ?

Already answered and dismissed. You are not ready for the big leagues, bub.

black history month
hispanic history week
indigenous day

yea, that's not racist

As it should be, we built this country.

Yes, we were part of it, with slave labor, Californios, Irish economic labor, Nuevo Mexicanos, southern dixie backs who swam the Red and Sabine illegally into Tejas, and so forth and so on.

It was all of us, bub.
All inferior to the dominate Whites of European heritage.

Celebrate the contributions of indians?? HAHAHA. Before the white man came, no indian tribe even had a written language. They were stone age people and they still would be except the white man takes care of them.

Columbus Day will now be Indigenous Peoples Day in Seattle Fox News

oct 6 2014
SEATTLE – The Seattle City Council is replacing Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples' Day in the city.

The resolution that passed unanimously Monday celebrates the contributions and culture of Native Americans and the indigenous community in Seattle on the second Monday in October, the same day as the federally recognized Columbus Day.

Tribal members and other supporters say the move recognizes the rich history of people who have inhabited the area for centuries.

"This action will allow us to bring into current present day our valuable and rich history, and it's there for future generations to learn," said Fawn Sharp, president of the Quinault Indian Nation on the Olympic Peninsula, who is also president of the Affiliated Tribes of Northwest Indians.

"Nobody discovered Seattle, Washington," she said to a round of applause.

From what I've read, Columbus was a despicable human being and raped, killed a bunch of innocent people. It's time we quit celebrating callous white bigots, now and then.

The Native American side of me (Chippewa) takes a bit of offense at some of the crap posted here. Native Americans lived simply and light on the land. Whites live hard on the land and pollute and destroy it.
Whites broke almost all treaties with the Native Americans.
This country was founded on deceit, greed, lies, theft, slavery and genocide. The one thing it wasn't really founded upon was Christian values.
Since you've got a Saint Patrick Day for the Irish drunks and a black history month, as one day wasn't good enough to satisfy them, I'm all for an Indigenous Peoples Day and you can shove your opinions to the contrary.

Forum List

Back