Season 5, Game of Thrones

Maybe its just me, but I don't much like Arya. Not a margaery fan either. Jaime did not rape his sister. She raped him...and her younger brother as well. The only reason she didn't do Tyrion was because he is a dwarf. Cersei is awful. I dislike her so much it spilled into the actress herself. Kinda like how I disliked Gemma so much on SoA I now don't want to watch anything Katey is in.

Margaery in the series is more likeable than the book version. I love her grandmother Olenna (the scene with her and Tywin to discuss the betrothals was fantastic - two incredible actors facing off).

Arya is a wild girl who didn't fit in as a "lady" - and is now fighting to survive in a world that is not very friendly to young girls wandering on their own. She's not warm and fuzzy, but if she's on your side, she has your back.

Cersei is evil personified. She had a psychic shock as a child (her mother dying) which has poisoned her life. Her father marrying her off to a man who didn't love her didn't help.

Who doesn't love the "Queen of Thorns" in the books? Sassy and cunning.

Arya is a wild girl much like her Aunt Lyanna.

Cersei is evil but she does it so well. I love a good villain and she nails it.

Maybe its just me, but I don't much like Arya. Not a margaery fan either. Jaime did not rape his sister. She raped him...and her younger brother as well. The only reason she didn't do Tyrion was because he is a dwarf. Cersei is awful. I dislike her so much it spilled into the actress herself. Kinda like how I disliked Gemma so much on SoA I now don't want to watch anything Katey is in.

Margaery in the series is more likeable than the book version. I love her grandmother Olenna (the scene with her and Tywin to discuss the betrothals was fantastic - two incredible actors facing off).

Arya is a wild girl who didn't fit in as a "lady" - and is now fighting to survive in a world that is not very friendly to young girls wandering on their own. She's not warm and fuzzy, but if she's on your side, she has your back.

Cersei is evil personified. She had a psychic shock as a child (her mother dying) which has poisoned her life. Her father marrying her off to a man who didn't love her didn't help.

Oh yes, a good villain is often much more interesting and complex than the "good" characters. Lena Heady is doing a fantastic job playing Cersei.

I don't like her in the same way I didn't like Geoffrey. I watched the summaries at the end of the epis and the person talking said he was the most hated character but in real life, he is so amazing and lovable. The thing they hated about him getting killed off was that they wouldn't be working with him anymore.

I didn't feel that way about Cersei when I saw her irl.

Oh yes, a good villain is often much more interesting and complex than the "good" characters. Lena Heady is doing a fantastic job playing Cersei.

She plays a villain in Dredd as well and she is beyond wicked. Love it. lol

I don't like her in the same way I didn't like Geoffrey. I watched the summaries at the end of the epis and the person talking said he was the most hated character but in real life, he is so amazing and lovable. The thing they hated about him getting killed off was that they wouldn't be working with him anymore.

I didn't feel that way about Cersei when I saw her irl.

From what I understand is he an absolute delight to be around. He was here in Pittsburgh not long ago doing charity work with animals and he came across as bright and friendly. He played the role so well people believe he must be a monster irl. lol. That proves he is a great actor imo.

When HBO comes out with a viable streaming option, which they said they would, but instead joined up with Amazon WITHOUT Game of Thrones...I will pay for it.
Until then - I pirate the show. I get the show one day after it is shown on HBO in full HD for free. I would rather pay for it and watch it honestly, but HBO chose not to do so - so I am sure it will remain the #2 most pirated TV show next to Walking Dead.

rightwinger

UPDATE:...HBO just joined SlingTV Streaming Service.
It is $15 a month to add HBO...which is a bit high when you consider ALL of Slings other channels are only $20 a month.

When HBO comes out with a viable streaming option, which they said they would, but instead joined up with Amazon WITHOUT Game of Thrones...I will pay for it.
Until then - I pirate the show. I get the show one day after it is shown on HBO in full HD for free. I would rather pay for it and watch it honestly, but HBO chose not to do so - so I am sure it will remain the #2 most pirated TV show next to Walking Dead.

rightwinger

It is $15 a month to add HBO...which is a bit high when you consider ALL of Slings other channels are only $20 a month.

Unbundling cable into various streams is going to end up costing Way More....that is my prediction.

rightwinger

Unbundling cable into various streams is going to end up costing Way More....that is my prediction.

There is no cable. That is the point.
Homes with high speed internet and no cable will reach 10% of all homes with access by the end of this year. That is a huge-huge number.
Think Steve Jobs and iTunes.
The music industry all through the 80's-90's were ripping off consumers every single day by only selling albums and providing no internet option. The result was people were sick of paying $9 for a couple good songs and the rest of the album was sh*t...so what happened? Napster happened. And it forever changed the industry.
The media industry do NOT want this to happen again. So instead of fighting what people want and lose BIG like with Napster...instead they are taking the Steve Jobs route and providing people better options. Specifically, only pay for what you want.
You don't have to subscribe to 118 channels to get the 8 you want.
And that is what SlingTV is all about. Way-way-way cheaper than cable, all 1080 HD.
And starting today - HBO just joined SlingTv

rightwinger

Homes with high speed internet and no cable will reach 10% of all homes with access by the end of this year. That is a huge-huge number.
The music industry all through the 80's-90's were ripping off consumers every single day by only selling albums and providing no internet option. The result was people were sick of paying $9 for a couple good songs and the rest of the album was sh*t...so what happened? Napster happened. And it forever changed the industry.
The media industry do NOT want this to happen again. So instead of fighting what people want and lose BIG like with Napster...instead they are taking the Steve Jobs route and providing people better options. Specifically, only pay for what you want.
And that is what SlingTV is all about. Way-way-way cheaper than cable, all 1080 HD.

The point I'm making is that unbundling all of the channels and content is going to end up adding up to far more than people pay for cable today. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.

rightwinger

The point I'm making is that unbundling all of the channels and content is going to end up adding up to far more than people pay for cable today. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.

And your certainly entitled.
However that is going against everything that is happening now.
Take a look at the channels Sling offers for $20/mo....damn.
I have been using Sling for a little over a month I guess. It is great. All 1080 HD - and you DON'T PAY EXTRA FOR THE HD! That is ridiculous.
Cable TV is in rapid decline. And the more people who start understanding what Roku/Fire TV/Apple TV is - the faster that death will be.
And just like the death of the old music industry - good riddance.
So when you want to stop getting ripped off - join us. The water is fine!:beer:

rightwinger

Is it wireless?

rightwinger

And your certainly entitled.
However that is going against everything that is happening now.
Take a look at the channels Sling offers for $20/mo....damn.
I have been using Sling for a little over a month I guess. It is great. All 1080 HD - and you DON'T PAY EXTRA FOR THE HD! That is ridiculous.
Cable TV is in rapid decline. And the more people who start understanding what Roku/Fire TV/Apple TV is - the faster that death will be.
And just like the death of the old music industry - good riddance.
So when you want to stop getting ripped off - join us. The water is fine!:beer:

I'm in a rather unique situation. Free cable came with the property rights to my house, so I only pay for my premium channels. I also have Amazon Prime and Netflix streaming.

Again, unbundling and buying ala carte is going to be more expensive. The production costs of small viewership shows are partially underwritten by cable subscriber fees. Take away that support, and the per view/per show/per channel costs are going to explode. Or else, the small producers are going to go out of business.

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.

EDIT: I'll also note that I have absolutely no interest in watching programs on my phone, ipad, computer or watch. I have no desire to have programs streaming at me 24/7.

Is it wireless?

Roku is what I have and it is wireless or ethernet.
Oh - and a cool option, Roku has a Youtube channel that you can link with your laptop/tablet or phone. You can search videos using your laptop and with one click play that video on the big screen. Pretty cool

Again, unbundling and buying ala carte is going to be more expensive. The production costs of small viewership shows are partially underwritten by cable subscriber fees. Take away that support, and the per view/per show/per channel costs are going to explode. Or else, the small producers are going to go out of business.

The small producers don't have to go out of business.
They can simply, and very affordably add a "Roku" channel...and people can pay like $1.99 or whatever a month for that channel. There are 100's of Roku channels like that.

They can simply, and very affordably add a "Roku" channel...and people can pay like $1.99 or whatever a month for that channel. There are 100's of Roku channels like that.
So it's like Netflix with actual network/cable channels plus HBO? Sorry, it's interesting.

If somebody currently pays $150/month for expanded cable plus premium channels, then your unbundled format is going to end up exceeding that amount.

$20 for HBO is a TEASER RATE. It doesn't take more than a few channels to add up to quite a bit more than $150, especially for sports fans.

I'm glad you like you Roku. Your current rates are subsidized by cable fees which support the programming. Your fees will increase when the cable support is taken away.

If somebody currently pays $150/month for expanded cable plus premium channels, then your unbundled format is going to end up exceeding that amount.

$20 for HBO is a TEASER RATE. It doesn't take more than a few channels to add up to quite a bit more than $150, especially for sports fans.

I'm glad you like you Roku. Your current rates are subsidized by cable fees which support the programming. Your fees will increase when the cable support is taken away.

Well yes it would be more expensive if that person wanted every channel - but who would that be? Seriously. Typically people only watch 7-8 channels. So why would someone pay for the 118 if they had a choice not to??
WIth just a few dollars a channel, people may buy 10-15 channels and then pay premium for HBO etc. Again...all HD with no extra cost for that HD which a a complete bogus ripp off.

So it's like Netflix with actual network/cable channels plus HBO? Sorry, it's interesting.
Yes and no.
It is live cable TV channels. Some, like HBO also have On-Demand included.
SO, unlike Netflix, there are the same commercials as live.
Think cable TV with waaaaaaaaay less junk channels, and thus 1/5th the cost with NO HD fees.

Yes and no.
It is live cable TV channels. Some, like HBO also have On-Demand included.
SO, unlike Netflix, there are the same commercials as live.
Think cable TV with waaaaaaaaay less junk channels, and thus 1/5th the cost with NO HD fees.
Cable is our second highest bill, even more than electric and gas. I sure would love to get that bill down. You say you have Sling already and it's working for you?

Cable is our second highest bill, even more than electric and gas. I sure would love to get that bill down. You say you have Sling already and it's working for you?

It works great...some details.
If your TV is not internet ready, you will need a device like Roku/Amazon Fire TV/Apple TV. It is a small device that is very-very easy to set up and all three work with an HDMI cable.
Watch this....

IMPORTANT NOTES...
Even though a Roku is extremely portable between TV's - you cannot watch it on multiple TV's at the same time. Although you can buy a second/third Roku and watch it at no add'l cost.

Also watch this.......it is a little old, so there is more (a lot) than when this video was made.

Forum List

Back