Sean Alumni Table

When we get together for Christmas I hook my laptop up to my big flat screen with the VGA connector there are some good long Videos on utube with Christmas images and Chrstmas music and play them while we open presents. The music sound decent because I use some inexpensive speakers as opposed to using the laptop speakers.

We played The Grinch off an ancient VHS player and tape tonight. Had to dig deep in the grandparent junkpile to cobble it together with an old 80's TV with bad color balance. It was a family effort and I doubt there was a dry eye in the house.

The important part was everyone piling onto the couch and floor and watching it together rather than staring at their portable device, alone.

We had the kids over the other night and pulled out the old Nintendo and super Mario... the old two button controller. I kicked the kids butts but the grand kids watched and learned fast... my grandson kicked my butt... dang youngsters adapt soo fast...

And the family time on the couch doing one thing doesn't happen near enough..

When we get together for Christmas I hook my laptop up to my big flat screen with the VGA connector there are some good long Videos on utube with Christmas images and Chrstmas music and play them while we open presents. The music sound decent because I use some inexpensive speakers as opposed to using the laptop speakers.

We played The Grinch off an ancient VHS player and tape tonight. Had to dig deep in the grandparent junkpile to cobble it together with an old 80's TV with bad color balance. It was a family effort and I doubt there was a dry eye in the house.

The important part was everyone piling onto the couch and floor and watching it together rather than staring at their portable device, alone.

We had the kids over the other night and pulled out the old Nintendo and super Mario... the old two button controller. I kicked the kids butts but the grand kids watched and learned fast... my grandson kicked my butt... dang youngsters adapt soo fast...

And the family time on the couch doing one thing doesn't happen near enough..

Best of times. :)

Hope everyone had a good holiday...I did

Though I did spend some time in the hospital nursing a chronic thing...all things considered, a good time had by all though...

Hope everyone had a good holiday...I did

Though I did spend some time in the hospital nursing a chronic thing...all things considered, a good time had by all though...
Sorry to hear about the hospital stay but you sound chipper so that's good! Our holiday season was wonderful, lots of time with the grand babies and their parents!
May the New Year be healthy and joyful for you and yours Cross. Hugs!

Hi! Hope ya'll had a Merry Christmas! Mine was loving and joyful and today i'm packing Christmas away. Another year flying away to my memories...

I would do anything just to be able to stop the time.
I have come to embracing the changes that each moment brings, but i know what you mean.
BTW..speaking of time, i watched the new movie Jupiter Ascending yesterday and have to say they packed a lot of philosophy into an action packed movie.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Hi! Hope ya'll had a Merry Christmas! Mine was loving and joyful and today i'm packing Christmas away. Another year flying away to my memories...

I have come to embracing the changes that each moment brings, but i know what you mean.
BTW..speaking of time, i watched the new movie Jupiter Ascending yesterday and have to say they packed a lot of philosophy into an action packed movie.

The ability to enjoy changing moments is remarkable.

Thanks for a good movie suggestion! If it still sticks in my mind, I will remember to watch it this weekend.

I went last Sunday to the theater to see this movie. It was action packed and visually pleasing. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either.

Forum List

Back