SEALs slam Obama for taking credit for bin Laden

We could say the same thing about Charles Manson as well
:eusa_think:

Of course we could! So you all either own that Obama did something here, or you're saying "neither did OBL or Manson."

No one is saying Obama did nothing. His actions were quite plain and simple.

He did not give the red light...something he had the power to do.

But that is about it my dear. He did not find Bin Laden nor did he particpate in the killing of Bin Laden.

All he did was not stop the killing of him.

AHHH WISDOM!

You have been paying attention! Yes, all obama did was not red light the operation. He was golfing when he was informed that this operation, under the planning, control and command of Admiral McRaven was going to go down. obama did not say no.

What obama did wrong, really wrong, wasn't taking unearned credit, he was entitled to do that. His HUGE mistake was in taking what he did, which was not say stop, and turned it into days of self aggrandizement making himself into not only a hero, but the only hero (yes there were a few other guys there too). He went too far.

Oh, they got over it...Military families are tough. Doesn't mean they were fooled tho.

The last people to know the exact hour the ship is pulling in is the famillies of the crew.

My guess is several pilots requested to meet the president and see him tailhook land. It was a balsy move and they wanted the honor to witness it.

Plus Secret Service came on board and screened the ship as per SOP, and media members had to be airlifted on and off the ship.

Once filght-ops is secured the exact fuel usage and aircraft on and off-loaded had to be assertained and submitted to the Damage Control desk and the draft report finished and submitted to the Captain.

In case you don't know, a ship that size displaces over 80,000 tons of water and the keel sinks around 35' in the water depending on the weight of the ship at that time. So they have to know the exact draft before entering port or the Channel Master won't allow them to enter.

You are really grasping at straws now, aren't you?

So...tell me, you were there?

Were you?

That's a better question. Where you on the ship????

I've been there and done that. Did you???

SO? Every fucking body slams Obama. Damned if he do and damned if it don't so I don't think he gives a shit any more.

The SEALs and special forces guys I've worked around would be pissed at any politician taking credit for their work.....especially a left-wing politician that rose to power "against" the military.

Of course we could! So you all either own that Obama did something here, or you're saying "neither did OBL or Manson."

No one is saying Obama did nothing. His actions were quite plain and simple.

He did not give the red light...something he had the power to do.

But that is about it my dear. He did not find Bin Laden nor did he particpate in the killing of Bin Laden.

All he did was not stop the killing of him.

AHHH WISDOM!

You have been paying attention! Yes, all obama did was not red light the operation. He was golfing when he was informed that this operation, under the planning, control and command of Admiral McRaven was going to go down. obama did not say no.

What obama did wrong, really wrong, wasn't taking unearned credit, he was entitled to do that. His HUGE mistake was in taking what he did, which was not say stop, and turned it into days of self aggrandizement making himself into not only a hero, but the only hero (yes there were a few other guys there too). He went too far.

Did he say he was the ONLY hero? HERO? You people sure have a way with words.
All he said was that he did something that Romney would not do because it cost too much. And he had said he would get Osama before he took office and he deserve credit and he earned it. He ORDERED it. Left up to RRWE Osama would be alive and General Motors dead.

OBAMA YOU MAKE ME PROUD ONCE AGAIN. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. BRING OUR TROOPS HOME FROM WAR AND SAVE MORE LIVE. WE ARE SAFER BECAUSE OSAMA IS DEAD.

Last edited:

It's a valid comparison. I hadn't thought of it that way, but OBL wasn't flying the planes on 9/11.

True. Thus why I have many times on this board said that for Bush and Obama to put so many respources into hunting down one guy is a waste of time and energy.

Our focus should be those that are guided by the ideology....not one man who takes credit for the acts themselves.

I have many times said that Bin Laden was an egoist....he was a coward that never did what he commanded others to do...but loved the idea of taking credit for their actions.

As for our current President....he actually criticized our military when he referred to them as village raiders...and then he takes credit for their heroic actions.

Am I the only one who sees a true comparsion here?

Anyone who is critical of our troops loses points in my book.

Obama deserves credit for giving the order.

He does not merit admiration for suggesting that he is the only one with the balls to do it. Or that he planned it. Or that he gets credit for its execution.

A true leader praises those who did plan and execute it and does not try to exalt himself.

But we haven't had a true leader for some time.

If we are going to give Bush credit for the global financial disaster and the invading of iraq and afghanistan and the killing of Saddam and no oil, we must give Obama credit for getting Osama. Don't forget "mission accomplished" Bush took credit for.

If we are going to give Bush credit for the global financial disaster and the invading of iraq and afghanistan and the killing of Saddam and no oil, we must give Obama credit for getting Osama. Don't forget "mission accomplished" Bush took credit for.

Really REALLY flawed analogies there.

Except for Saddam.

President Bush took absolutely no credit for the capture of Saddam Hussein. He was thrilled of course, but he gave all the credit to the men and women who accomplished it.

President Bush making the announcement of the capture of Saddam Hussein:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKajq6vBFgc]George W. Bush - Saddam Captured - YouTube[/ame]

President Obama making the announcement of the killing of bin Laden.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6ioS3e7YGk]President Obama Announces Death of Osama Bin Laden - YouTube[/ame]

President Obama’s interview with Katie Couric, Febuary 11, 2009:
Couric: How important do you think it is, Mr. President-elect, to apprehend Osama bin Laden?

Mr. Obama: I think that we have to so weaken his infrastructure that, whether he is technically alive or not, he is so pinned down that he cannot function. My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him. But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives, then we will meet our goal of protecting America.
Obama: "Capture Or Kill" Bin Laden - CBS News

Last edited:
The last people to know the exact hour the ship is pulling in is the famillies of the crew.

My guess is several pilots requested to meet the president and see him tailhook land. It was a balsy move and they wanted the honor to witness it.

Plus Secret Service came on board and screened the ship as per SOP, and media members had to be airlifted on and off the ship.

Once filght-ops is secured the exact fuel usage and aircraft on and off-loaded had to be assertained and submitted to the Damage Control desk and the draft report finished and submitted to the Captain.

In case you don't know, a ship that size displaces over 80,000 tons of water and the keel sinks around 35' in the water depending on the weight of the ship at that time. So they have to know the exact draft before entering port or the Channel Master won't allow them to enter.

Were you?

I was there. I was in San Diego. I had friends ON the ship. While they felted honored, they also wanted home. I had friends waiting for the ship. While they felt honored, they also wanted their loved ones home. I was stationed at NORIS where the ship was to dock and families were waiting. I was there to watch the live film on the local nightly news of the ship off Pt. Loma. I also remember the local RNC crowing about the trip for a few months and then doing their best to pretend it never happened.

You?

Were you?

I was there. I was in San Diego. I had friends ON the ship. While they felted honored, they also wanted home. I had friends waiting for the ship. While they felt honored, they also wanted their loved ones home. I was stationed at NORIS where the ship was to dock and families were waiting. I was there to watch the live film on the local nightly news of the ship off Pt. Loma. I also remember the local RNC crowing about the trip for a few months and then doing their best to pretend it never happened.

You?

Ah yes...and there ya go...

"I had friends there...I had friends on the ship...."

Sorry Bodecea....now I KNOW you are a phony....you are not nor were you ever military.

Were you?

You?

Ah yes...and there ya go...

"I had friends there...I had friends on the ship...."

Sorry Bodecea....now I KNOW you are a phony....you are not nor were you ever military.

Meh...believe what you want for the reasons you want to. I was C-130s...no reason to be on a carrier. And regardless of your belief, I get my monthly retirement check anyways. Thank you, btw.

When will we be able to move on?

He seems to want praise for the next month or so....maybe up until the election.

We've praised him enough. He has to answer for all of bad decisions he's made in the rest of the battlefield. Signing away all of our advantages. No more night operations. Stringent ROEs that handcuff our troops.

Why should I praise him for that?

He seems to want praise for the next month or so....maybe up until the election.

We've praised him enough. He has to answer for all of bad decisions he's made in the rest of the battlefield. Signing away all of our advantages. No more night operations. Stringent ROEs that handcuff our troops.

I think we are all waiting for your butthurt inflammation to cool down.

Osama bin Laden Was Not Caught Because of Torture but in Spite of It - The Daily Beast

While some may celebrate the one-year anniversary of the death of Osama bin Laden, perhaps time would be better served evaluating why it came nine years too late. The sad truth is that bin Laden should have been dead twice in the first two years after 9/11.

The first opportunity was missed in the mountains of Tora Bora early in the war in Afghanistan, when former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld insisted that local Afghan forces kill bin Laden rather than allowing our own elite fighters to do so when they had him in their sights. It was also Rumsfeld’s decision not to seal off the border with Pakistan, declaring victory too early because of his arrogance (a theme that would be repeated in Iraq), thus allowing bin Laden to escape.

The second opportunity was missed when the Bush administration approved the CIA's waterboarding of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (KSM), the mastermind of 9/11 and former al Qaeda operations officer. Jose Rodriguez, the former CIA officer who ran the agency's torture program, now insists in his new book, Hard Measures, that torture led to the identification of an al Qaeda courier and the killing of Osama bin Laden. The truth, however, is that KSM lied to his interrogators and told them that Abu Ahmed, the nom de guerre of bin Laden's courier, had retired when in fact he was still active. That lie cost us almost a decade in the hunt for bin Laden. As al Qaeda's chief of operations, KSM certainly knew that Abu Ahmed could prove to be the key piece to finding the former al Qaeda leader, but he did exactly what professional interrogators have been saying people do when faced with coercion—they lie or give limited and misleading information. In the end, it turned out Abu Ahmed was one of the vital pieces of intelligence that led to bin Laden's demise.

Were you?

You?

You had friends, I was part of the operation of an aircraft carrier.

I told you point blank what it takes to get ready to return to port and you ignored it.

Not my problem.

Were you?

You?

I told you point blank what it takes to get ready to return to port and you ignored it.

Not my problem.

You were on the USS Lincoln and knew they were already planning to stand off the coast of San Diego for another day? How odd...I've watched a few carriers coming in on my time at NORIS and once they pop up over the horizon, they steam right in. How odd.

You?

Not my problem.

You were on the USS Lincoln and knew they were already planning to stand off the coast of San Diego for another day? How odd...I've watched a few carriers coming in on my time at NORIS and once they pop up over the horizon, they steam right in. How odd.

Why the fuck must you denigrate his service constantly?

You are despicable and lower than an earthworm.

Why do you hate the military so much?

You should talk.

We're still waiting on your butthurt to subside over Bush. When will that be??:eusa_whistle:

You should talk.

We're still waiting on your butthurt to subside over Bush. When will that be??:eusa_whistle:

F-you its all bush's fault...he killed the dinasours!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back