SEALs slam Obama for taking credit for bin Laden

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

Serving and former US Navy SEALs have slammed President Barack Obama for taking the credit for killing Osama bin Laden and accused him of using Special Forces operators as ‘ammunition’ for his re-election campaign.

The SEALs spoke out to MailOnline after the Obama campaign released an ad entitled ‘One Chance’.

In it President Bill Clinton is featured saying that Mr Obama took ‘the harder and the more honourable path’ in ordering that bin Laden be killed. The words ‘Which path would Mitt Romney have taken?’ are then displayed.

Besides the ad, the White House is marking the first anniversary of the SEAL Team Six raid that killed bin Laden inside his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan with a series of briefings and an NBC interview in the Situation Room designed to highlight the ‘gutsy call’ made by the President.

Video at same link.

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign | Mail Online

All I can say is BRAVO! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:Bravo!

Obama SHOULD NOT be using the bin laden thing in political re-election ads. It is unseemly, distasteful, and just wrong.

Those of us who do not support obama also should not pile on about his stupidity in using Bin Laden to try and help his re-election bid.

you left out one small item.

If he did NOT give the go ahead, it would have been the end of his political career as well.

I give him kudos for doing what he did.....but why he did it, we will never really know...was it political fear of NOT doing it...was it the political rewards of success....or was it just Obama being Presidential as he should have been.

I doubt his political career would have suffered much for giving a thumbs down. His liberal base is certainly not going to forsake him, the minorities would remain in his corner and the independents wouldn't crucify him for refusing to gamble the lives of Americans on a risky adventure none of his analysts could agree on in the first place.

The real political risk was giving the thumbs up and having another military tragedy like the Iranian rescue attempt.

Doing nothing was not an option

However...
He could have said 50-50 is not good odds, gather more intelligence
He could have said......send in a predator
He could have followed international law and brought Pakistan in

Sending SEALs and risking American lives was the riskiest of his options

Honor. Ever been involved with a VIP/photoop visit Jarhead. 1 part honor, 2 parts pain in the ass...and in this case....1 part having to wait one more day from a LONNNG deployment to get home.

Again...I am getting some very strange signals coming from you. You are speaking from an ideological standpoint and not from a military standpoint......and true military see their postions from a military standpoiint first and an ideological standpoint last.

A congressperson is a VIP.....a Senator.....Secretary of State....Vice President. When they visit for political expediency, there is no honor to the troops.....no more of an honor than Bob Hope.......

The President is Commander in Chief. He/She is not considered a VIP.

Let me say it for the THIRD time....of course there is Honor....but there is also the logistics of a VIP visit. Let me give examples. I was stationed at Pt Mugu when Reagan was President. Every 3 day weekend.....EVERY 3 day weekend, Airforce One came and they kept it in our hanger (pre 747 days). That meant they taxi'd in next to our hangar, the helo's were there, the SS was there, the press was there, government officials of all stripes were there. Business ground to a halt. People could not get on or off base for a few hours...and other things I will not talk of, but are part of the process. Simply put....it got OLD after awhile. Yes, see the President...wave at him...maybe even shake his hand....but, don't expect me to get starry eyed. I'm not that way....regardless of who the President is.

BTW....I've met a few sports and movie stars in my time....I have the same attitude.

and let me say this for the nth time....

The CiC is not a VIP...He/ she is the CiC...it is like calling a General a VIP...it is an insult to his/her rank. Bob Hope was a VIPO....JOe Bioden a VIP....Chuck Schumer is a VIP....

The CiC addressing troops live is not the same as his/her entourage using your base as a place to hang out

A soldier is lucky to have the CiC address him or her ONCE in an entire career. ALL would gladly give up a day of leave or R and R to experience such an honor.

If you truly are (were) military, you would know this.

There may be a lot of reasons to slam Obama on his domestic policies but his decision to give the green light to the Navy Seals shouldn't be taken lightly...and he does deserve some of the credit.

After all of the intelligence gathering, all of the meetings between Obama and those analysts involved, military, CIA, etc., the general consensus was..."we just don't know for sure if bin Laden is actually there, maybe, maybe not", pretty much came down to a 50/50 chance of a successful operation to get bin Laden. Some of the analysts gave it a 70% chance of success, some gave it as low as a 30% chance. There was nothing cut and dried about it.

I'll give Obama kudos for putting his political ass on the line here. Had the mission gone wrong, American lives lost along with the obvious political blowback, Obama would have been in the proverbial meat grinder...and he knew it. It would have been Jimmy Carter all over again. Instead of pulling a Bill Clinton, he gave the thumbs up.

And spiking the football during election time is a given for any politician, Obama certainly didn't invent that one and he won't be the last to indulge himself. True, he could have been more humble in taking the credit but he would have been the first politician that did.
My God... why don't you just apply for obama's press secretary job... you think you can sugar up your obama ass licking any more? The only thing obama can possibly take CREDIT for is saying DO IT, and that's IT. ALL the rest of the hard work to pull something like this off falls on SOMEONE ELSE! And for the kenyan to go around BRAGGING about it now thinking that will help his pathetic chance of getting reelected is TRASHY... but then that's what this little shit stain commie from Chicago is... TRASH.

There may be a lot of reasons to slam Obama on his domestic policies but his decision to give the green light to the Navy Seals shouldn't be taken lightly...and he does deserve some of the credit.

After all of the intelligence gathering, all of the meetings between Obama and those analysts involved, military, CIA, etc., the general consensus was..."we just don't know for sure if bin Laden is actually there, maybe, maybe not", pretty much came down to a 50/50 chance of a successful operation to get bin Laden. Some of the analysts gave it a 70% chance of success, some gave it as low as a 30% chance. There was nothing cut and dried about it.

I'll give Obama kudos for putting his political ass on the line here. Had the mission gone wrong, American lives lost along with the obvious political blowback, Obama would have been in the proverbial meat grinder...and he knew it. It would have been Jimmy Carter all over again. Instead of pulling a Bill Clinton, he gave the thumbs up.

And spiking the football during election time is a given for any politician, Obama certainly didn't invent that one and he won't be the last to indulge himself. True, he could have been more humble in taking the credit but he would have been the first politician that did.
My God... why don't you just apply for obama's press secretary job... you think you sugar up your obama ass licking any more? The only thing obama can possibly take CREDIT for is saying DO IT, and that's IT. ALL the rest of the hard work to pull something like this off falls on SOMEONE ELSE! And for the kenyan to go around BRAGGING about it now thinking that will help his pathetic chance of getting reelected is TRASHY... but then that's what this little shit stain commie from Chicago is... TRASH.

All Osama bin Laden was guilty of was saying DO IT

Oh, they got over it...Military families are tough. Doesn't mean they were fooled tho.

If they got over it, all is well. Now we can all proceed with ensuring Obama becomes a one term president.

Yes, they got over it.....of course, that was not the issue....what was the issue is that this was a blatant, expensive, fail photo op stunt by the Bush Administration. No doubts there.

I call it showing appreciation to the troops.

Many agree......that don't have Bush-Derangement syndrome.

Now you know why I give Obama such a hard time. Because of folks like you.

My God... why don't you just apply for obama's press secretary job... you think you sugar up your obama ass licking any more? The only thing obama can possibly take CREDIT for is saying DO IT, and that's IT. ALL the rest of the hard work to pull something like this off falls on SOMEONE ELSE! And for the kenyan to go around BRAGGING about it now thinking that will help his pathetic chance of getting reelected is TRASHY... but then that's what this little shit stain commie from Chicago is... TRASH.

:eusa_eh:

It's a valid comparison. I hadn't thought of it that way, but OBL wasn't flying the planes on 9/11.

You want to debate the extent of the involvement of OBL in 9/11, start a thread about it. This thread is about obama strutting around like a peacock as though he himself, planned, gathered intel, traveled, hunted down and personally shot OBL himself. It's a crock of shit, and you know it.

It's a valid comparison. I hadn't thought of it that way, but OBL wasn't flying the planes on 9/11.

True. Thus why I have many times on this board said that for Bush and Obama to put so many respources into hunting down one guy is a waste of time and energy.

Our focus should be those that are guided by the ideology....not one man who takes credit for the acts themselves.

I have many times said that Bin Laden was an egoist....he was a coward that never did what he commanded others to do...but loved the idea of taking credit for their actions.

As for our current President....he actually criticized our military when he referred to them as village raiders...and then he takes credit for their heroic actions.

Am I the only one who sees a true comparsion here?

We could say the same thing about Charles Manson as well
:eusa_think:

Of course we could! So you all either own that Obama did something here, or you're saying "neither did OBL or Manson."

No one is saying Obama did nothing. His actions were quite plain and simple.

He did not give the red light...something he had the power to do.

But that is about it my dear. He did not find Bin Laden nor did he particpate in the killing of Bin Laden.

All he did was not stop the killing of him.

Of course we could! So you all either own that Obama did something here, or you're saying "neither did OBL or Manson."

I cant be much more clear about it... I salute Obama for making the call that any other POTUS would have done if given the opportunity.

You got Proof of that?

My Understanding is that KSM Acted without Consultation with bin Laden... Not only 9/11, but back during the first Attack on the Trade Center in 1993...

Oh... You all forgot about KSM and Ramzi Yosef back in 1993?...

That's right... Clinton let KSM get away for 8 FUCKING YEARS.

True Story.

At least he Finished the Job because Clinton didn't seem to be Concerned about the other Terrorist from the 2/93 Attacks that Killed Americans on American Soil.

:)

peace...

Ok, Si....look at my post. Show me where I said any poster here at all. I look forward to your evidence. (Note: I know what I said....and I know what I did not say)

Your post in this Thread in Context:

One year later and some still mourn OBL. Amazing, that.

You posted it in this Thread and you very Obviously were Directing at a person or people in this Thread...

To Deny this Fact is to Illustrate just how Fucking Dishonest a Shitty Troll you are...

Having said that, here's the List of Posters in this Thread:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 396
User Name Posts
bodecea 51
drsmith1072 37
mudwhistle 36
The Infidel 30
mal 19
Truthmatters 18
bucs90 17
NYcarbineer 12
Lakhota 12
teapartysamurai 11
Sallow 10
Conservative 8
Plasmaball 7
Cammmpbell 7
luddly.neddite 6
thereisnospoon 6
wjmacguffin 6
BDBoop 5
starcraftzzz 5
geauxtohell 5
kiwiman127 5
TakeAStepBack 4
Peach 4
Dont Taz Me Bro 3
Katzndogz 3
hjmick 3
BlindBoo 3
LoneLaugher 3
Si modo 3
Mr. Shaman 3
rdean 3
freedombecki 3
Emma 2
California Girl 2
del 2
Political Junky 2
candycorn 2
Ravi 2
francoHFW 2
sfcalifornia 2
Interpol 2
JosefK 2
Lovebears65 1
Swagger 1
SniperFire 1
Claudette 1
Taylee 1
LogikAndReazon 1
Stephanie 1
Salt Jones 1
Oldstyle 1
auditor0007 1
swizzlee 1
Pheonixops 1
asaratis 1
Dick Tuck 1
old navy 1
Ed Spacer 1
catzmeow 1
whitehall 1
sealybobo 1
LilOlLady 1
theDoctorisIn 1
Dude111 1
boilermaker55 1
NLT 1
blackhawk 1
frazzledgear 1
tinydancer 1
Zoom 1

Be the Man you've always wanted to be and OWN your own Words, Bodey. :thup:

Who were you Directing that Post at?

peace...

It's a Tight Race on who is Twafflehouse's Most Dishonest Coward...

I Think Bodecea may be edging up on ravi's Crown. :thup:

peace...

This one is REALLY under Bodey's Skin... And it Shows. :thup:

peace...

No one is saying Obama did nothing. His actions were quite plain and simple.

He did not give the red light...something he had the power to do.

But that is about it my dear. He did not find Bin Laden nor did he particpate in the killing of Bin Laden.

All he did was not stop the killing of him.

If given the chance he would have done away with enhanced interrogations, which eventually he got done, and we would never have brought Osama to justice.

Relax Pale Rider, you're going to have an apoplexy dishing out all that hate for Obama. I don't care for his politics either but trashing him just for the sake of trashing him seems a little petty.

The fact of the matter is that Obama did give the lion's share of credit to the Navy Seals right from the beginning and to all those involved, unless you were living in some underground cave and missed it.

As for Obama making political hay over his decision to give the thumbs up...name me one politician that WOULDN'T during election time. You think a Republican wouldn't have jumped on this in a heartbeat, think again.

And as for Obama's "pathetic" chances of getting reelected, you better open your eyes and look at the polls. This guy is a long way from being defeated in case you hadn't noticed.

You want to debate the extent of the involvement of OBL in 9/11, start a thread about it. This thread is about obama strutting around like a peacock as though he himself, planned, gathered intel, traveled, hunted down and personally shot OBL himself. It's a crock of shit, and you know it.

Sorry, but GOP Sour Grapes can only get you so far

Either executive decision making is critical or it's not

Forum List

Back