Seahawks vs Cardinals...Thursday Games are Stupid..

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Interestingly enough do to a couple of flukey FG plays in the last couple of weeks the Seahawks are technically a worse team than the Cardinals on paper stats wise.

The Hawks would be 6-0 without the 10 point swing vs the Colts in a blocked FG and recovery for a TD...Same thing(sort of) happened last weekend when a substitute holder fumbled the ball on a FG and THAT one was run back for a TD as well.

All that said I think the Seahawks will break out of the stupid Special Teams plays of the last couple of weeks and beat Arizona just on the strength of the Defense and Russell Wilson. Seattle didn't allow an Offensive TD from Titons. Without the two wacky 10 point swings on FG misshaps the Seahawks would have one of the best records and one of if not the lowest scored upon Defense. The still mostly second string O-line has jelled remarkably quickly down the road and as our starters return will pay even higher dividends if there are any injuries towards the latter part of the season.

One of the more important stats that has emerged over the last six games is that the Seahawks have a team rushing stat of 946 yards to Arizona at 514. Seattle is a run first Offense. Lynch and Wilson's legs will continue to grind up yardage and clock.

Seahawks UMMMmmmm... 21

Cardinals .... 6

NO blocked FGs... Carroll has vowed to just score TDs ... :lol:

Last edited:
Oh ya... Thursday games...

No time to prepare. That's stupid. Friday or Saturday would be bad enough.. BUT travelling from a Sunday game to another city for a Thursday game is idiotic. Football just simply requires a certain ammount of time to recover from the bumps and bruises from a Sunday till the players can even walk comfortably by Wednesday. That leaves the travelling team absolutely zero time to run any practice plays for a Thursday.

Hey Goddell! Dump the Thursday games !!

agreed,these thursday night games are retarded.Im sure hoping that the hawks were just not up for that game against the titans and thats why they had all those mental mistakes and it wasnt a blowout like it should have been with an opponent like that,im going to assume with a division game coming up,that they will be pumped up and not make those same stupid mistakes that kept the titans in the game.

agreed,these thursday night games are retarded.Im sure hoping that the hawks were just not up for that game against the titans and thats why they had all those mental mistakes and it wasnt a blowout like it should have been with an opponent like that,im going to assume with a division game coming up,that they will be pumped up and not make those same stupid mistakes that kept the titans in the game.

Well.... Arizona doesn't have any more time to practice than Seattle. The Hawks don't need any more motivation to spank the Cardinals than the fact that the 49ers are nipping at our heals. The palyers and coaches know what it means to be a game up on 2nd place and we hold our destiny in our own hands. We don't have to "hope" some other team loses. We only have to beat two more difficult teams to win the NFC HFA. We have to play SF in the Bay and New Orleans in the CLink.

When the season started I had some doubt about Atlanta and the Giants in thier stadiums. Not any more. Atlanta lost Julio and they are fucked. Eli is a turnover machine with 15 ints this season. I can't wait to see The Legion Of Boom gobble up Mannings errant passes.

One fluke blocked FG play and a bad call on possession from a recovered blocked punt in the EZ and we would have blown out the Colts. The Seahawks would be undefeated. Last weekends game was not nearly as close as the score. The mighty Titans scored zero TDs on offense.

More guys are coming back off injured this week and next and Harvin is about to take the field. He was eligible this week but because of the short week he will probably play week after this weekend in St. Louis.

Yeah, Cinnci @ Miami, Indi @ Tenn, N.O @ Atlanta, G.B @ Detroit, just stupid. Hell just call off the rest of the season and declare Denver Super Bowl champs.

Yeah, Cinnci @ Miami, Indi @ Tenn, N.O @ Atlanta, G.B @ Detroit, just stupid. Hell just call off the rest of the season and declare Denver Super Bowl champs.

Don't you want to see these matchups when the teams are fully prepared? I can see a thursday game when both teams are coming off of a bye. Throwing two worn out ill prepared teams into a football game is nonsense. I'm especially ticked off that the Seahawks game with AZ has serious consequences in the NFC West. This game MATTERS hugely to the Seahawks. The Cards THINK it matters to them but it does not. They just got spanked by SF so they are already going to do no better than third place in the West.

Well.... Arizona doesn't have any more time to practice than Seattle. The Hawks don't need any more motivation to spank the Cardinals than the fact that the 49ers are nipping at our heals. The palyers and coaches know what it means to be a game up on 2nd place and we hold our destiny in our own hands. We don't have to "hope" some other team loses. We only have to beat two more difficult teams to win the NFC HFA. We have to play SF in the Bay and New Orleans in the CLink.

When the season started I had some doubt about Atlanta and the Giants in thier stadiums. Not any more. Atlanta lost Julio and they are fucked. Eli is a turnover machine with 15 ints this season. I can't wait to see The Legion Of Boom gobble up Mannings errant passes.

One fluke blocked FG play and a bad call on possession from a recovered blocked punt in the EZ and we would have blown out the Colts. The Seahawks would be undefeated. Last weekends game was not nearly as close as the score. The mighty Titans scored zero TDs on offense.

More guys are coming back off injured this week and next and Harvin is about to take the field. He was eligible this week but because of the short week he will probably play week after this weekend in St. Louis.

Me being objective about the falcons ,I wasnt concerned one bit at all about their matchup against atlanta before the season began.I didnt think they would be as bad as they are but i knew they would get the best record in the conference again and have home field advantage,i figured thet would luck out and make it in as a 6th seed in the wild card and be one and done at that point. but yeah,before the season began,i thought for sure you were nutty to think they would beat the giants in new york,now that would be a major shock to me if the giants played them close.

Im thinking the reason they played so poorly this past sunday against the titans is they overlooked them and were looking ahead to this game,a division opponent more focused on preparing for this team than against the titans is why they barely escaped with a victory at home against them is my theory.agree?

No time to prepare. That's stupid. Friday or Saturday would be bad enough.. BUT travelling from a Sunday game to another city for a Thursday game is idiotic. Football just simply requires a certain ammount of time to recover from the bumps and bruises from a Sunday till the players can even walk comfortably by Wednesday. That leaves the travelling team absolutely zero time to run any practice plays for a Thursday.

Lemme guess:

:welcome:

Shehawgs lose by a FG, and its gonna be because the had to play on Thursday night.

Lemme guess:

Shehawgs lose by a FG, and its gonna be because the had to play on Thursday night.

Got Crab?

Hey? Question.... When the Hawks play Denver in the SB and Manning gets slammed hard down on that frozen NY/Jersey Ground with all that metal in his chicken neck will they take him to a doctor or a mechanic??????????

:lol:

Last edited:

Lemme guess:

Got Crab?

Hey? Question.... When the Hawks play Denver in the SB and Manning gets slammed hard down on that frozen NY/Jersey Ground with all that metal in his chicken neck will they take him to a doctor or a mechanic??????????

Shehawgs lose tonight by a TD will it be because it was the poor officiating, or just bad luck?

:thanks:

Lemme guess:

Got Crab?

Shehawgs lose tonight by a TD will it be because it was the poor officiating, or just bad luck?

Ya... Carson Palmer...he SCAWWYYY!!!! Fitzgerald ... the name says it all.. I'm sure Richard Sherman is throwing up as we speak just thinking of trying to contain that duo.

I tell you what... If AZ wins I'll pack a Dungeness Crab in dry Ice and send it to ya. What say you?

imho they have ruined Sunday afternoon football...they have made a habit of Thursday games now, a Sunday night game, sometimes 2 ( nfl.com) on Mondays or again on thursday etc.....leaving 2-3 for Sunday afternoon.....

one hour and 30 minutes BABY !!!!!

I'm starting to get stoked !!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Warwwy Fwitgewald had better get his sore hammy right tonight... Sherman gonna pick six the FORMER great WR. :badgrin:

Last edited:
Got Crab?

Ya... Carson Palmer...he SCAWWYYY!!!! Fitzgerald ... the name says it all.. I'm sure Richard Sherman is throwing up as we speak just thinking of trying to contain that duo.

I tell you what... If AZ wins I'll pack a Dungeness Crab in dry Ice and send it to ya. What say you?

OK, Palmer is kind of terrible now (did he ever recover from that hit against the Steelers in the playoffs?). But Fitz? Don't try to downplay his ability just because he's on such a shitty offense. Fitz is still one of the better receivers in the league. :)

OK, Palmer is kind of terrible now (did he ever recover from that hit against the Steelers in the playoffs?). But Fitz? Don't try to downplay his ability just because he's on such a shitty offense. Fitz is still one of the better receivers in the league. :)

Sorry.. WAS He has been wheeling around on a bad hammy recently. If he was a Seahawk he would be on the bench taking care of his injury. The Cards must be desperate putting an injured player up against the Legion Of Boom ...

I have been drinking a bunch of Micky Big Mouth's and I am officially hi-jacking this thread to talk about the Rams.

Rams, baby, Rams.

Rams

Rams

Rams

Fuck Seattle!

Three games in eleven days suh-hucks. But the NFL Network will never give up their signature night.

Seahawks win by a million. DA.... Hawks. :lol:

Forum List

Back