Screener for Preferred Stocks

Pavel Svinchnik

Jan 28, 2018
I was doing some stock screening on AmeriTrade the other day and discovered that I couldn't screen preferred stocks by sector (mining, banking, manufacturing, etc.). I wrote to them and they said they'd consider that in their next upgrade. I then searched around the internet for a free stock screener which allowed screening preferred stocks by sector but couldn't find any. Does anyone know of a free stock screening site that has that capability?

I was doing some stock screening on AmeriTrade the other day and discovered that I couldn't screen preferred stocks by sector (mining, banking, manufacturing, etc.). I wrote to them and they said they'd consider that in their next upgrade. I then searched around the internet for a free stock screener which allowed screening preferred stocks by sector but couldn't find any. Does anyone know of a free stock screening site that has that capability?
If you find one do remember that preferred converts need to be looked at carefully and all covenants need to be looked at. The flip side is you can get a bond style rating for safety.

Forum List

Back