Trump's apparent whiff in SOTU address will it hurt the market?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Did he give the Ds enough rope to hang themselves, maybe but how will the stock markets of the rest of the world see it? Canada and China have a huge stake in what happens next.

The EU markets may worry about illegals swamping Canada and US oil making Canadian unsaleable. Then there is the collapsing real estate market from the Potomac to the Canadian border and the possible collapse of left coast real estate markets from Mexico to Canada. This kind of uncertainty causes shaky markets. What will happen to the capital Markets and the states like CA, IL and NY that get much and usually most of the state tax budget from those markets?

Did he give the Ds enough rope to hang themselves, maybe but how will the stock markets of the rest of the world see it? Canada and China have a huge stake in what happens next.

The EU markets may worry about illegals swamping Canada and US oil making Canadian unsaleable. Then there is the collapsing real estate market from the Potomac to the Canadian border and the possible collapse of left coast real estate markets from Mexico to Canada. This kind of uncertainty causes shaky markets. What will happen to the capital Markets and the states like CA, IL and NY that get much and usually most of the state tax budget from those markets?
/——/ Its early, but the futures are up this morning.

Confession time for me. Sept-Dec my portfolio had 3x the move to the positive of the S&P. I liked that. Bring the good times back.

Forum List

Back