Screaming children will not be tolerated

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WECT) - A restaurant in Carolina Beach is stirring up controversy over a couple of signs reading, "Screaming children will not be tolerated."

The owner of the Olde Salty restaurant, Brenda Armes, is tired of having her customers complain to her about children misbehaving and screaming when others are trying to enjoy a quiet meal.

Armes says the signs have worked.

Carolina Beach restaurant says "no" to screaming children - WECT TV6 - WECT.com - Wilmington, NC news and weather -

:clap2:

Perhaps the mods could hang a similar sign here........but the posting would drop by about 70%. :lol:

Last week the wife and I went out to our favorite restaurant. We were seated across from a man and his small son. He says' "I apologize in advance". I ask why. He says, "his little sister is gone to the restroom with mom. When she gets back, they can be quite a handful". They actually were not that bad. But once they left, I looked at my wife and said, "there are a couple of kids who have never heard the word NO." What is it with parents allowing the kids to run the family these days?

What the hell is that woman saying in protest to the sign? "You can't control if your kids scream or not". What a terrible parent! You know kids do what you tell em to if you don't wuss out when they resist. Literally 100% of the time. Kids don't become unruly unless you LET them.

And if you KNOW you can't control them, they need to spend less time in restaurants and more time in the corner, the time out bench, or in certain cases get a few more lashings with a belt on the butt.

When I was 5 years old my mom told me to clean up my room and I yelled "Shut Up Mom!"
She slapped the crap outta me so hard a fortune teller could have read her lines on my face.
I always did what she said after that.

As you can see, my boy is awesome at restaurants like the mexican one from my Avatar.

Last edited:
What the hell is that woman saying in protest to the sign? "You can't control if your kids scream or not". What a terrible parent! You know kids do what you tell em to if you don't wuss out when they resist. Literally 100% of the time. Kids don't become unruly unless you LET them.

And if you KNOW you can't control them, they need to spend less time in restaurants and more time in the corner, the time out bench, or in certain cases get a few more lashings with a belt on the butt.

When I was 5 years old my mom told me to clean up my room and I yelled "Shut Up Mom!"
She slapped the crap outta me so hard a fortune teller could have read her lines on my face.
I always did what she said after that.

As you can see, my kid is awesome at restaurants like the mexican one from my Avatar.

Reminds me of the story my sister tells about my dad. This is back in the day of corded phones. She has the phone stretched into her bedroom and has the door closed. She makes some reference to our mom as "the old lady" to a friend on the phone. She says that all of a sudden the door flies open, my dad crosses the room and slaps the shit out of her, turns and slams the door behind him. She sat there with a shocked look on her face wondering what the hell just happened. Said that after tha, she never referred to our mom as the old lasy again.

Don't take a child to a restaurant where they are slow to bring food, the lighting is poor, the seats are banquet style, etc. Choose a time when they are well rested, and have at least a one to one ratio of adults to children. Start with a nice diner and work your way up.

And BTW, teach the child to make eye contact with the server and say "thank you" when his food arrives.

Eating out is a skill. The kids won't learn it by watching television...helps to have family meals at the dining table at home.

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WECT) - A restaurant in Carolina Beach is stirring up controversy over a couple of signs reading, "Screaming children will not be tolerated."

The owner of the Olde Salty restaurant, Brenda Armes, is tired of having her customers complain to her about children misbehaving and screaming when others are trying to enjoy a quiet meal.

Carolina Beach restaurant says "no" to screaming children - WECT TV6 - WECT.com - Wilmington, NC news and weather -

I agree. The sign means the restaurant cares about customers and won't cater to inconsiderate parents who won't keep their kids under control.

I was in a restaurant some years ago and there were 2 women eating with 6 kids. The women were deep in conversation while the bratty kids ran around the restaurant yelling and annoying other customers. The manager asked the women to mind their kids and they nodded and went on chatting oblivious to the kids still terrorizing customers. The manager finally asked them to leave and he got a standing ovation from the other customers.

Brats mutate into other creatures. If unchecked they become monsters like this kid.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqOgnQyXp4]YouTube - 7-Year-Old Takes Car On Joyride[/ame]

I'd nuance it a bit. Perhaps some fine print saying something like:

(unless the screaming is just residual screaming from you slapping the shit out them FOR screaming in a restaurant)

My advice to new (ish) parents is not to take young children to places they would be expected to behave beyond the boundaries of their age and ability to do so. Little kids, toddlers, and babies fuss and sometimes scream: its what they DO. The little ones shouldn't have the shit slapped out of them, the parents should for having so little sense in the first place.

Want to go out to a nice restaurant? Hire a babysitter! Have to take the kids? Go to a place designed and equipped for their activity level. Its not rocket science, people.

You can take kids to nice restaurants...but you have to be able to remove them when their behavior is unacceptable. Which means more than one adult, usually. Or you don't mind leaving in the middle of an expensive meal.

I've taken all of my kids, each at the appropriate time. out to sit in the car while everybody else sat in the restaurant having fun. You only have to do it once or twice. Unless they're babies, in which case, it's understood there will be times that baby and an adult are going to occasionally have to remove themselves from situations where a crying baby isn't appropriate. I've spent many hours cozed with my babies in a car when they were infants and we were doing stuff with family.

Kids just need to get beaten once in a while. Not to the point of leaving any marks, but just an infusion of pain does wonders.

Screaming children should never be tolerated, they should be marinated, lightly grilled and served with a fine whine.

EatBabies.jpg

Take you kids to family restaurants so they learn how to behave in public.

other the that

GET A DAMN BABYSITTER AND LEAVE THE KIDS AT HOME!

Also, for the love of Pete, don't take your kids to fricking court hearings and trials, unless their presence is required. And if it is, make sure you have somebody to sit in the hall with them.

I can't tell you how many times I've been in a courtroom where idiots have dragged their babies to court with them.

Also, for the love of Pete, don't take your kids to fricking court hearings and trials, unless their presence is required. And if it is, make sure you have somebody to sit in the hall with them.

I can't tell you how many times I've been in a courtroom where idiots have dragged their babies to court with them.

I hope you're only in court this often because you're a lawyer or something.

I'd nuance it a bit. Perhaps some fine print saying something like:

(unless the screaming is just residual screaming from you slapping the shit out them FOR screaming in a restaurant)

My advice to new (ish) parents is not to take young children to places they would be expected to behave beyond the boundaries of their age and ability to do so. Little kids, toddlers, and babies fuss and sometimes scream: its what they DO. The little ones shouldn't have the shit slapped out of them, the parents should for having so little sense in the first place.

Want to go out to a nice restaurant? Hire a babysitter! Have to take the kids? Go to a place designed and equipped for their activity level. Its not rocket science, people.

You can take kids to nice restaurants...but you have to be able to remove them when their behavior is unacceptable. Which means more than one adult, usually. Or you don't mind leaving in the middle of an expensive meal.

I've taken all of my kids, each at the appropriate time. out to sit in the car while everybody else sat in the restaurant having fun. You only have to do it once or twice. Unless they're babies, in which case, it's understood there will be times that baby and an adult are going to occasionally have to remove themselves from situations where a crying baby isn't appropriate. I've spent many hours cozed with my babies in a car when they were infants and we were doing stuff with family.
I know you're not posting here anymore but I'm still going to reply to this for reference.

Taking your kid out of the situation because they act up is only teaching them that they can just act up if they would prefer to leave. It's the pussy way out and it does the child no good.

I take it as a given that screaming patrons of any and every age won't be tolerated.

But hey!~ perhaps that isn't the commonly held expectation in Carolina Beach and such signage is necessary.

Wonder why it is that every time I fly I end up sitting either just in front of or just behind some screaming kid?

Upgrade.

Maybe I'll just ask to go out and sit on the wing. You can still hear a screaming kid no matter where you sit on the airplane. Maybe not as loud further away but you can still hear them.

Just a passing thought: Wonder if all of those screaming kids are liberals just learning how to talk?

yall are such fucking assholes....babies cry on planes due to the changes in air pressure they dont know to chew gum when taking off and landing...

yall are a sad fucking lot.....hating on the wee ones

Forum List

Back