Screaming children will not be tolerated

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WECT) - A restaurant in Carolina Beach is stirring up controversy over a couple of signs reading, "Screaming children will not be tolerated."

The owner of the Olde Salty restaurant, Brenda Armes, is tired of having her customers complain to her about children misbehaving and screaming when others are trying to enjoy a quiet meal.

Armes says the signs have worked.

Carolina Beach restaurant says "no" to screaming children - WECT TV6 - WECT.com - Wilmington, NC news and weather -

:clap2:

I'd nuance it a bit. Perhaps some fine print saying something like:

(unless the screaming is just residual screaming from you slapping the shit out them FOR screaming in a restaurant)

(unless the screaming is just residual screaming from you slapping the shit out them FOR screaming in a restaurant)

That might work.

How about I buy you dinner there? :lol:

Wonder why it is that every time I fly I end up sitting either just in front of or just behind some screaming kid?

My advice to new (ish) parents is not to take young children to places they would be expected to behave beyond the boundaries of their age and ability to do so. Little kids, toddlers, and babies fuss and sometimes scream: its what they DO. The little ones shouldn't have the shit slapped out of them, the parents should for having so little sense in the first place.

Want to go out to a nice restaurant? Hire a babysitter! Have to take the kids? Go to a place designed and equipped for their activity level. Its not rocket science, people.

Wonder why it is that every time I fly I end up sitting either just in front of or just behind some screaming kid?

Upgrade.

Maybe I'll just ask to go out and sit on the wing. You can still hear a screaming kid no matter where you sit on the airplane. Maybe not as loud further away but you can still hear them.

Just a passing thought: Wonder if all of those screaming kids are liberals just learning how to talk?

Upgrade.

Maybe I'll just ask to go out and sit on the wing. You can still hear a screaming kid no matter where you sit on the airplane. Maybe not as loud further away but you can still hear them.

Just a passing thought: Wonder if all of those screaming kids are liberals just learning how to talk?

you could also travel on your daddy's private jet or his yacht.

I don't know, that seems kind of demanding to me. There are loud talking adults that are pretty annoying as well.

Loud adults, cellphones, belching, slobs. Babies are a minor annoyance.

most decent places around here have upstairs where they shuttle groups who bring in young kids

I don't know, that seems kind of demanding to me. There are loud talking adults that are pretty annoying as well.

where the hell do you eat dinner? find places with a no-cell phone policy and ask the waiter to remove people who belch while eating

Cellphone talkers, they're the worst.

Forum List

Back