Scott Walker Recall Campaign Losing Steam

If foxnews got it wrong blame them.

also

That's what i found.

Wherever you got your "facts" from, you are in error if you claim that Walker created the hole in Wisconsin's budget, and if you claim the problem was only in the millions. We had a huge problem to fix. It was a long term problem, known to the previous administration.

Did I say that he created the hole in the budget?? I said his taxcuts added to it but I don't think I said he created it. Can you show me when I said such a thing? Furthermore I still have yet to see a source from you. Why is that?

Thanks for the hyperbole and hyperpartisan rhetoric. However, according to an article on foxnews the budget was only GOING to be 137 million in the hole AFTER walker slashed taxes and cut projected revenues right after getting into office. So if you got that wrong what else did you get wrong?

You are right. You did not specifically say that he created the hole. I just recognized the "facts" you were presenting as being from the same source as that used by people who say he created the hole. You referred tax cuts enacted by Walker as contributing to a 137 million dollar hole, which means you were referring to the fix Walker had to make to the biennial budget which was running out at that time, when the reality is that the tax cuts he enacted wouldn't go into effect until later. They did not contribute to the relatively small hole he had to fix for that biennium. As a side issue the tax cuts were contingent on job creation and weren't guaranteed to be given out, but that's just a small detail in comparison to the denial that there was a 3.6 billion dollar shortfall to be dealt with in the next biennial budget.

Sources? Sources for what? Verification of the 3.6 billion dollar hole Walker needed to fix? Or what?

What sources would you accept as valid?

Last edited:
This thread is really funny.

Collecting almost as many signatures to recall someone as there were votes electing him is a pretty successful effort.

What makes it hilarious is the denial of those anti unionists and their efforts to discredit signatures without any probable cause or evidence. Desperate, yet unwilling to look at why this happened (hint, the far right has taken control of the Republican Party and overreached).

has the far right taken control of the massachusetts democratic party?

House votes to restrict unions - Boston.com

This thread is really funny.

Collecting almost as many signatures to recall someone as there were votes electing him is a pretty successful effort.

What makes it hilarious is the denial of those anti unionists and their efforts to discredit signatures without any probable cause or evidence. Desperate, yet unwilling to look at why this happened (hint, the far right has taken control of the Republican Party and overreached).

has the far right taken control of the massachusetts democratic party?

House votes to restrict unions - Boston.com

Yes, they have.

It's magic!!

:lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I just read a couple of things about this story.

First, the recall effort was required to get about 540,000 signature. They ended up getting over one million.

Secondly, Brad Courtney, the chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin, called the recall effort "shameful."

Really, Brad? This is Democracy, BABY! Deal with it, Brad! You think you can screw with the people and get away with it, Brad? Think again!

This is a grass roots effort by the people. Julie Wells, a factory worker and grandmother helped trigger the recall effort, and she took the first of more than 150 boxes into the Government. I just hope they post a guard around those boxes because you just never know when spontaneous combustion might take place when the sprinkler system is shut down for maintenance.

Being a budget is different from having fiscal impact. Having spending items versus freeing up towns to have control over their own spending items = big difference. One needed a quorum. One did not.

AGAIN you admit that it was not budgetary. Thanks again. They could have worked with the unions but he said NO because it was all about going after the unions. His own actions and your words show that to be the case.

I would accuse you of being deliberately obtuse. You do not seem to be attempting to understand. However, I know that before I moved to Wisconsin, there was no way I would have been able to appreciate the budgetary impact of union activities here.

Walker had a deep understanding of it from his time as Milwaukee County Executive. He was the right man for the job of solving Wisconsin's budget woes.

That's the important thing. It's not too important for people on message boards to understand. If he doesn't survive this recall, he can step down knowing that he did something good for the state.

I undetstand what you are trying to spin but it just doesn't fit the way you are trying to spin it.
What experiences have you had in dealing with unions that makes you special? You made the argument now where is the substance?

You got walker's talking points down and how he had to deal with them as Milwaukee County Executive but talking points is all that you seem to have to offer.

He wanted unions out of the way which is your argument and that is what he went for. They could have worked with the unions but he said NO because he wanted them gone. Claiming it was for the budget when they had to make it a seperate bill and not part of the budget says all that needs to be said.

well, yeah, it did. the GAB pretty much said that they weren't going to check signatures beyond the fact that they were signatures on a piece of paper

""All signatures are based on a presumption of validity, so it may not be eliminated due to the thought that this is a valid signature on face value," Mueller said.

That prompted a follow-up question that the name Mickey Mouse might pass the board's screening process, though it could still be challenged.

"We may certainly note fictitious names," Buerger said. "If we note them on the petition we will flag them, but we will not strike them unless challenged."

The GAB does strike names that do not have a valid Wisconsin address, and Buerger said that happened last year when someone signed as Adolf Hitler but used Berlin, Germany, as an address."

GAB officials say Mickey Mouse and Hitler signatures might count - The Lakeland Times - Minocqua, Wisc.

So according to how it's set up, walker gets the the list of signature includding those that are flagged. Then it's up to the walker to challenge the signatures that are flagged if he so chooses and if he doesn't then they stand?
So he wants the state to pay for and take care of his responsbilities under the current setup of the state in which he is the governor all so he can stall for more time and waste more money when he claims the debt is important and this is what republicans are defending??

Then after all of this time and money is spent in being "more aggressive" in vetting the names walker will get the list and then challenge the flagged ones and even more of the signatures to draw this out even longer. How can anyone honestly defend these tactics?

Furthermore, I agree with a previous poster if the recall is going so poorly then why is walker still fighting it so hard?

edit: BTW your own article counters your opening thought. If they verify WI addresses then they are checking for more than just signatures on a piece of paper.

it's called hyperbole. sorry

if their job is to verify signatures and their policy was to flag obvious phoneys, such as mickey mouse, but not strike them, then they weren't doing their job. that would be true no matter who was being recalled.

i've expressed no opinion on how well the recall is or isn't going.

:thup:

If you had read your own article it clearly states that they check and flag questionable names and REMOVE those names with invalid addresses but it is up to the challenger, which is walker, to go through the list after they flag it and challenge any of the duplicates or questionable names in order to have them removed.

That is wisconsin law according to your own article if walker can't follow the laws of the state he is governor of then he shouldn't be the governor.

However, he apparently wants to stall for time and have the state pay for his responsibility as challenger of the petitiion. How is wasting time and money to do a job that his campaign should pay for good for the state?

Wisconsin only has really two major cities - Milwaukee and Madison.

Then there are smaller cities like Racine and Kenosha..

Green Bay is small as hell..

If you added them up, via population, then broke them in half (voting age) and assumed half the population could vote, then split that in half you wouldn't have a million people.

Most signatures won't be accepted as valid.

Like I said in a previous post they were in fucking Illinois collecting signatures..

In typical fashion democrats are fucking cheats and liars - and those signatures from Illinois and all the other false sigs will account for at minimum 30% of their petition.

I personally saw those motherfuckers asking Illinois residents to sign their petition and I saw a couple that did and they had no idea what the fuck was going on...

They said "do you support unions, if you do sign this."

They should be in fucking jail for spewing across the border...

Like I said in a previous post - I told them to get the fuck back to Wisconsin...

That shit pissed me off. The dishonesty and the circumvention of democracy.

But HOW will this kind of thing be detected?

Mickey Mouse is easy to throw out. But what about made up people at made up addresses? Or people who give real addresses but don't happen to live at that address.

I hope that whoever was in Zion was too dumb to get convincing addresses but ????

Very frustrating.

I read somewhere that WI may spend $90k for a software program that will detect dup and fraud sigs.

Yes and walker's lawsuit is transferring the cost that he is responsible for according to state law as the challenger of the petition onto the state that he claims is cash strapped. All of this while he is in NY at a fundraiser. LOL

Walker is scheduled to hold a fundraiser in New York City in the afternoon hosted by Maurice "Hank" Greenberg, the founder of financial services corporation American International Group, according to a copy of the fund-raising solicitation posted on the website of the New York Daily News.
Gov. Walker skips interviews, does NYC fundraiser - JSOnline

I thought outside money was bad??

AGAIN you admit that it was not budgetary. Thanks again. They could have worked with the unions but he said NO because it was all about going after the unions. His own actions and your words show that to be the case.

I would accuse you of being deliberately obtuse. You do not seem to be attempting to understand. However, I know that before I moved to Wisconsin, there was no way I would have been able to appreciate the budgetary impact of union activities here.

Walker had a deep understanding of it from his time as Milwaukee County Executive. He was the right man for the job of solving Wisconsin's budget woes.

That's the important thing. It's not too important for people on message boards to understand. If he doesn't survive this recall, he can step down knowing that he did something good for the state.

I undetstand what you are trying to spin but it just doesn't fit the way you are trying to spin it.
What experiences have you had in dealing with unions that makes you special? You made the argument now where is the substance?

You got walker's talking points down and how he had to deal with them as Milwaukee County Executive but talking points is all that you seem to have to offer.

He wanted unions out of the way which is your argument and that is what he went for. They could have worked with the unions but he said NO because he wanted them gone. Claiming it was for the budget when they had to make it a seperate bill and not part of the budget says all that needs to be said.

You are the one spinning and acting like you have a place in a discussion about Walker and Wisconsin when you don't know the most basic of facts about the budgetary problem Walker was up against.

So according to how it's set up, walker gets the the list of signature includding those that are flagged. Then it's up to the walker to challenge the signatures that are flagged if he so chooses and if he doesn't then they stand?
So he wants the state to pay for and take care of his responsbilities under the current setup of the state in which he is the governor all so he can stall for more time and waste more money when he claims the debt is important and this is what republicans are defending??

Then after all of this time and money is spent in being "more aggressive" in vetting the names walker will get the list and then challenge the flagged ones and even more of the signatures to draw this out even longer. How can anyone honestly defend these tactics?

Furthermore, I agree with a previous poster if the recall is going so poorly then why is walker still fighting it so hard?

edit: BTW your own article counters your opening thought. If they verify WI addresses then they are checking for more than just signatures on a piece of paper.

it's called hyperbole. sorry

if their job is to verify signatures and their policy was to flag obvious phoneys, such as mickey mouse, but not strike them, then they weren't doing their job. that would be true no matter who was being recalled.

i've expressed no opinion on how well the recall is or isn't going.

:thup:

If you had read your own article it clearly states that they check and flag questionable names and REMOVE those names with invalid addresses but it is up to the challenger, which is walker, to go through the list after they flag it and challenge any of the duplicates or questionable names in order to have them removed.

That is wisconsin law according to your own article if walker can't follow the laws of the state he is governor of then he shouldn't be the governor.

However, he apparently wants to stall for time and have the state pay for his responsibility as challenger of the petitiion. How is wasting time and money to do a job that his campaign should pay for good for the state?

spin it any way you want, if they would leave mickey mouse on the list if he supplied a WI address, they're not doing their job. EOF

have a nice day

how likely is it that they actually got over 1,000,000 VALID signatures.
The total of registered voters as of 2010 was only 3,493,306. They allegedly got 29% of the voters.

I find this a little... odd.

If you added them up, via population, then broke them in half (voting age) and assumed half the population could vote, then split that in half you wouldn't have a million people.

There are about 5.8 million people in Wisconson. If half are voting age and half of those supports the recall, there'd easily be more than a million.

Wisconsin has 5.5 million residents.....

NOT VOTERS but residents...

Half of them are of legal age to vote or sign a petition...

2.75 million remain

Of course only half of them support Walker

1.37 million would be construed as "democrat."

That would be if everyone voted....

Using the numbers Walker got - 1,000,000 signatures is HIGHLY unlikely.

Union media propaganda is what it is............

Wherever you got your "facts" from, you are in error if you claim that Walker created the hole in Wisconsin's budget, and if you claim the problem was only in the millions. We had a huge problem to fix. It was a long term problem, known to the previous administration.

Did I say that he created the hole in the budget?? I said his taxcuts added to it but I don't think I said he created it. Can you show me when I said such a thing? Furthermore I still have yet to see a source from you. Why is that?

Thanks for the hyperbole and hyperpartisan rhetoric. However, according to an article on foxnews the budget was only GOING to be 137 million in the hole AFTER walker slashed taxes and cut projected revenues right after getting into office. So if you got that wrong what else did you get wrong?

You are right. You did not specifically say that he created the hole. I just recognized the "facts" you were presenting as being from the same source as that used by people who say he created the hole. You referred tax cuts enacted by Walker as contributing to a 137 million dollar hole, which means you were referring to the fix Walker had to make to the biennial budget which was running out at that time, when the reality is that the tax cuts he enacted wouldn't go into effect until later. They did not contribute to the relatively small hole he had to fix for that biennium. As a side issue the tax cuts were contingent on job creation and weren't guaranteed to be given out, but that's just a small detail in comparison to the denial that there was a 3.6 billion dollar shortfall to be dealt with in the next biennial budget.

Sources? Sources for what? Verification of the 3.6 billion dollar hole Walker needed to fix? Or what?

What sources would you accept as valid?

Uh I believe I cited foxnews and WSJ is that really what people are using to claim he created th hole?

If you don't know where I got my numbers from and don't trust the sources how can you make claims about my statements?? LOL Seems kind of contradictory on your part.

SO your NEW argument is that by the end of 2013 they WILL have a 3.6 billion dollar deficit IF they don't follow through with the cuts proposed by the outgoing governor and IF they chose to do nothing at all?? Got it.

A source would be appreciated. It sad that one has to be requested three times before you go find one. LOL

Wisconsin has 5.5 million residents.....

NOT VOTERS but residents...

Half of them are of legal age to vote or sign a petition...

2.75 million remain

Of course only half of them support Walker

1.37 million would be construed as "democrat."

That would be if everyone voted....

Using the numbers Walker got - 1,000,000 signatures is HIGHLY unlikely.

Union media propaganda is what it is............

I think Scott should check out each one of those signatures by himself.

There are about 5.8 million people in Wisconson. If half are voting age and half of those supports the recall, there'd easily be more than a million.

How many of the 5.5 are over 18??

I went liberal and I assumed half.

Then you have to break that number in half republican/democrat.

That of course is assuming everyone votes and we both know everyone does not vote, so you can beak that number down once again.

See how that number shrinks....

No way they have 1,000,000 signatures...

That is 1/5th of the state or 1 out of 5 people signed the fucking thing and babies and those under 18 are included under that number.

I would bet they don't even have 300,000 valid signatures...

Forum List

Back