Scott Walker Recall Campaign Losing Steam

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
"Judge Rules For Walker Campaign In Case Against State Election Officials"
From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal:
Judge rules for Walker campaign in case against state election officials - JSOnline
A judge ruled Thursday that the state Government Accountability Board needs to take more aggressive action to vet recall signatures that are expected to be submitted in two weeks against Gov. Scott Walker and other Republican office holders. The ruling by Waukesha County Circuit Judge J. Mac Davis came in a case filed Dec. 15 by Walker's campaign committee and Stephan Thompson, executive director of the state Republican Party, asking Davis to order the accountability board to seek out and eliminate duplicate and fictitious signatures and illegible addresses in recall petitions.
He also cited a media report that one man claimed he'd signed recall petitions 80 times, and submitted a petition from last summer's attempt to recall Sen. Jim Holperin (D-Conover), in which the accountability board allowed a "Bugs Bunny" signature to be counted. Kennedy said the signature was counted because Holperin didn't follow the proper procedures for challenging it.
Without the Dead, Illegal Alien and Cartoon Character signatures, it looks like the recall campaign is dead in the water!

Sorry Liberals! Instead of having Hissy Fits, it looks like you'll just have to work with a duly elected official like all the grown ups have to! :D

How is this losing steam? It's more like assholes dishonestly trying to sabotage democracy.

If you look at the point of the recall, you would realize that the left had a bigger hurdle to jump than prompting the recall election.

Like winning the recall, for example. Without an incident of public corruption, policies that fundementally disrupts society or suppression of valued rights(yep, I know. The "disregard of citizens right to collective bargain" is being usurped. But the left forgets that it is running up against our natural politics, the "right to survive" in terms of state finances. The left has to present another idea that balance the state budget in order to preserve collective bargaining. They have not.) The left cannot hope to win anyway.

At best, they can only use up capital with the electorate to make a political statement. Not good politics, if you ask me.

Oh wait. You mean Mickey, Minnie, Captain America, Thor and Pluto can't sign the peitition??

Color me shocked.

If you look at the point of the recall, you would realize that the left had a bigger hurdle to jump than prompting the recall election.

Like winning the recall, for example. Without an incident of public corruption, policies that fundementally disrupts society or suppression of valued rights(yep, I know. The "disregard of citizens right to collective bargain" is being usurped. But the left forgets that it is running up against our natural politics, the "right to survive" in terms of state finances. The left has to present another idea that balance the state budget in order to preserve collective bargaining. They have not.) The left cannot hope to win anyway.

At best, they can only use up capital with the electorate to make a political statement. Not good politics, if you ask me.

You know good and well that this was not about the budget, it was about beating back the union.

You know good and well that this was not about the budget, it was about beating back the union.

keep telling yourself that :thup:

Sure. Thats what it is all about. Beating back the union. The budget was fine!
Do you ever think for yourself?

Do you even remember the circumstances of the vote on this particular issue? Apparently you do not.

Mac Davis - Judgepedia

J. Mac Davis is a circuit court judge for Waukesha County, Wisconsin[1] and the chief judge of the 3rd Judicial District.[2]

Davis is a former Republican state senator (1983-1990) and was elected to the court in 1990. [3]

How is this losing steam? It's more like assholes dishonestly trying to sabotage democracy.

yep

it's a good thing the repubs nipped it in the bud via the court system.

Too bad they had to use the court system.

Would have been nice if Walker opposers would have simply admitted to the fake signatures, deleted them, and moved on.

Yes, it would have been nice, but remember - these are fleebagger supporters, so odds of that being even considered is slim to none...

Do you even remember the circumstances of the vote on this particular issue? Apparently you do not.

lol...I most certainly do.

I recall Walker campaigning to do what he ended up doing.
I remember Walker winning the election.
I remember Walker and his senate voting to eliminate collective bargaining rights for government employee unions as such has resulted in inflated pensions and other perks that are not consistant with what average non unoionized non government employees were getting.
I remmeber that such penisons and other perks were bleeding the budget.
I rememebr democratci senate members bolting town in an effort to stall Walker from doing what he campaigned to do.

I also rememeber people like you saying they applauded the senate for NOT DOING THEIR JOB and instead, running for a neighboring state.

yep

it's a good thing the repubs nipped it in the bud via the court system.

Too bad they had to use the court system.

Would have been nice if Walker opposers would have simply admitted to the fake signatures, deleted them, and moved on.

Yes, it would have been nice, but remember - these are fleebagger supporters, so odds of that being even considered is slim to none...

Sort of similar to what was done with Obamacare.

The GOP asked that it go straight to the SCOTUS so a final decison on its constitutionality can be made and business owners can make decisions based on the SCOTUS decision......but the administration refused to agree.

Nope. He doesn't.

Apparantly he thinks the taxpayers in WI are made out of money.

Scott Walker Recall Campaign Losing Steam

Di$traction$....di$traction$.....

927.gif

916.gif

Like I posted--what ideas does the left have to balance the budget!

The right used the budget deficit to get their way, you leftist need to denonstrate another, "less menancing" path to balance the state budget. Where in the hell is it?

DO YOU HAVE such an idea? Why don't you ppropose it to us?

We are waiting!

lol...I most certainly do.

I recall Walker campaigning to do what he ended up doing.
I remember Walker winning the election.
I remember Walker and his senate voting to eliminate collective bargaining rights for government employee unions as such has resulted in inflated pensions and other perks that are not consistant with what average non unoionized non government employees were getting.
I remmeber that such penisons and other perks were bleeding the budget.
I rememebr democratci senate members bolting town in an effort to stall Walker from doing what he campaigned to do.

I also rememeber people like you saying they applauded the senate for NOT DOING THEIR JOB and instead, running for a neighboring state.

Do you remember how it was suddenly reintroduced as a standalone bill and voted on with no debate? It had nothing to do with the budget, he had concessions from the union equal to what he was on record as wanting to save in that area and went ahead anyway.

Forum List

Back