Scott Walker Recall Campaign Losing Steam

Yeah??

They were in Zion the other day having anyone and anyone sign their petition...

Not gonna call you a liar, but I'm not gonna take your word for it, either. If it is true, it would be a drop in the bucket and not a basis for saying that the majority of sigs are false.

Mr. Nick would never say anything partisan,,never! :cool:

I said the truth....

The way you interpret it is your problem not mine..

So that is what you call running out of steam.

Organizers say they have collected more than 1 million petition signatures in effort to recall Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker | Appleton Post Crescent | postcrescent.com

Leaders of the effort to recall Gov. Scott Walker said Tuesday afternoon that they have collected more than 1 million signatures on petitions they will file later today.

That number would nearly match the 1.12 million votes Walker received in the November 2010 gubernatorial election.

Recall organizers also said they had more than enough signatures to force recall elections against Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch and Republican Sens. Terry Moulton of Chippewa Falls, Van Wanggaard of Racine and Pam Galloway of Wausau.

The group working to recall Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said earlier Tuesday that they had collected more than enough signatures to recall him as well.

The right didn't have to use the court system anymore than they had to run phony dems during the previous group of recalls.

They made a choice to draw out the process and make it take longer so they have more time to pass all the legislation that they want to pass before walker even has to face the recall vote.

Besides that there is already a process to vet the signatures but walker and this judge want the state Government Accountability Board to be "more aggressive" in vetting the signatures. It's pure politics on walkers part but it's no suprise that you would blame those trying to recall him. LOL

duh

Just pointing out to those here on the right that believe this had to be done when it didn't. If they didn't express the belief that it had to be done then I wouldn't have had to explain to them that it didn't.

Thanks for your two cents though, however I am quite certian that you need it more than me. :)

well, yeah, it did. the GAB pretty much said that they weren't going to check signatures beyond the fact that they were signatures on a piece of paper

""All signatures are based on a presumption of validity, so it may not be eliminated due to the thought that this is a valid signature on face value," Mueller said.

That prompted a follow-up question that the name Mickey Mouse might pass the board's screening process, though it could still be challenged.

"We may certainly note fictitious names," Buerger said. "If we note them on the petition we will flag them, but we will not strike them unless challenged."

The GAB does strike names that do not have a valid Wisconsin address, and Buerger said that happened last year when someone signed as Adolf Hitler but used Berlin, Germany, as an address."

GAB officials say Mickey Mouse and Hitler signatures might count - The Lakeland Times - Minocqua, Wisc.

Tell that to the average Wisconsin tax payer who was looking at a 3 billion dollar deficit when Walker took office and a balanced budget two years later. The public sector unions in Wisconsin NEEDED to be beaten back because they were bleeding the State dry. Walker did just that. The recall effort is sputtering because there are only so many union people and far left liberals and they've already signed (from some reports...several times!) so now they've got to get signatures from the OTHER folks in Wisconsin. Good luck on that and even better luck trying to convince the electorate in Wisconsin that they'd be better off going back to the same people who put them 3 billion in debt in the first place.

Thanks for the hyperbole and hyperpartisan rhetoric. However, according to an article on foxnews the budget was only GOING to be 137 million in the hole AFTER walker slashed taxes and cut projected revenues right after getting into office. So if you got that wrong what else did you get wrong?

Where did you get that figure from? Rachel Maddow? She is one of the ones who was perpetrating that falsehood. [edit: I see that you said "foxnews". I don't know if you are correct in the attribution or if they actually got it wrong, but that is still nonfactual.]

We had a 3.6 billion dollar hole to fill. This is not in dispute by anyone who actually knows what is going on here.

All 14 Senate Democrats fled to Illinois nearly three weeks ago, preventing the chamber from having enough members present to consider Gov. Scott Walker's so-called "budget repair bill" -- a proposal introduced to plug a $137 million budget shortfall.
Wisconsin Senate GOP Votes To Strip State Workers Of Collective Bargaining Rights | Fox News

If foxnews got it wrong blame them.

also

Mr. Walker's proposals are hardly revolutionary. Facing a $137 million budget deficit,
John Fund: What's at Stake in Wisconsin's Budget Battle - WSJ.com

That's what i found.

and look at how jarhead dances around the fact that the bill was not passed as a budget and had no numbers in it because it was all about stripping union rights. If it was a budget bill and had anything to do with number then they couldn;t have voted on it without a quorum.
It had NOTHING to do with the budget and the fact that they took the budget portions out of the bill and passed a stand alone version of the union stripping parts of the bill shows that it had nothing to do with the budget.

Your post shows you don't know how Wisconsin unions have exerted pressure on municipal budgets.

Just because there were no direct dollar figures involved in that part of the legislation doesn't mean it had nothing to do with budgets.

The monetary part of Walker's proposals were going to involve significant cuts in municipal budgets. In order to work with less money, the cities and counties needed greater latitude to make tough decisions.

Based what i have read according to state law it could NOT be a budget or else they were required to have a quorum which they did NOT have. Unless of course you are saying that violated their own laws in order to get that passed?

However, You are arguing that they had to get rid of the unions, instead of working with them, in order to have the "latitude to make tough decisions" so thanks for admitting that it was about going after the unions. Whatever the reasoning, that is what it was all about and you just admitted it. Thanks again. LOL

Being a budget is different from having fiscal impact. Having spending items versus freeing up towns to have control over their own spending items = big difference. One needed a quorum. One did not.

I don't know how they deal with petitions in WI, but here in LIBERAL California each signature is checked against the county's file. If the voter listed their current residential address on file and the sig matches, it is counted ONCE and only once, no matter how many times a person signs. They MUST be registered to vote.

I don't know how they deal with petitions in WI, but here in LIBERAL California each signature is checked against the county's file. If the voter listed their current residential address on file and the sig matches, it is counted ONCE and only once, no matter how many times a person signs. They MUST be registered to vote.

well it appears that in wisconsin, they just check to see if it's actually on paper

GAB officials say Mickey Mouse and Hitler signatures might count - The Lakeland Times - Minocqua, Wisc.

Thanks for the hyperbole and hyperpartisan rhetoric. However, according to an article on foxnews the budget was only GOING to be 137 million in the hole AFTER walker slashed taxes and cut projected revenues right after getting into office. So if you got that wrong what else did you get wrong?

Where did you get that figure from? Rachel Maddow? She is one of the ones who was perpetrating that falsehood. [edit: I see that you said "foxnews". I don't know if you are correct in the attribution or if they actually got it wrong, but that is still nonfactual.]

We had a 3.6 billion dollar hole to fill. This is not in dispute by anyone who actually knows what is going on here.

All 14 Senate Democrats fled to Illinois nearly three weeks ago, preventing the chamber from having enough members present to consider Gov. Scott Walker's so-called "budget repair bill" -- a proposal introduced to plug a $137 million budget shortfall.
Wisconsin Senate GOP Votes To Strip State Workers Of Collective Bargaining Rights | Fox News

also

Mr. Walker's proposals are hardly revolutionary. Facing a $137 million budget deficit,

That's what i found.

Wherever you got your "facts" from, you are in error if you claim that Walker created the hole in Wisconsin's budget, and if you claim the problem was only in the millions. We had a huge problem to fix. It was a long term problem, known to the previous administration.

well it appears that in wisconsin, they just check to see if it's actually on paper

Then why the fuck are they in Zion Illinois pandering for sigs??

The bitch that was pandering for sigs is lucky I didn't put her in the trunk next to my box and drop her ass off in Kenosha...

Of course that would be an federal kidnapping charge....

Last edited:

Just pointing out to those here on the right that believe this had to be done when it didn't. If they didn't express the belief that it had to be done then I wouldn't have had to explain to them that it didn't.

Thanks for your two cents though, however I am quite certian that you need it more than me. :)

well, yeah, it did. the GAB pretty much said that they weren't going to check signatures beyond the fact that they were signatures on a piece of paper

""All signatures are based on a presumption of validity, so it may not be eliminated due to the thought that this is a valid signature on face value," Mueller said.

That prompted a follow-up question that the name Mickey Mouse might pass the board's screening process, though it could still be challenged.

"We may certainly note fictitious names," Buerger said. "If we note them on the petition we will flag them, but we will not strike them unless challenged."

The GAB does strike names that do not have a valid Wisconsin address, and Buerger said that happened last year when someone signed as Adolf Hitler but used Berlin, Germany, as an address."

So according to how it's set up, walker gets the the list of signature includding those that are flagged. Then it's up to the walker to challenge the signatures that are flagged if he so chooses and if he doesn't then they stand?
So he wants the state to pay for and take care of his responsbilities under the current setup of the state in which he is the governor all so he can stall for more time and waste more money when he claims the debt is important and this is what republicans are defending??

Then after all of this time and money is spent in being "more aggressive" in vetting the names walker will get the list and then challenge the flagged ones and even more of the signatures to draw this out even longer. How can anyone honestly defend these tactics?

Furthermore, I agree with a previous poster if the recall is going so poorly then why is walker still fighting it so hard?

edit: BTW your own article counters your opening thought. If they verify WI addresses then they are checking for more than just signatures on a piece of paper.

Last edited:
Your post shows you don't know how Wisconsin unions have exerted pressure on municipal budgets.

Just because there were no direct dollar figures involved in that part of the legislation doesn't mean it had nothing to do with budgets.

The monetary part of Walker's proposals were going to involve significant cuts in municipal budgets. In order to work with less money, the cities and counties needed greater latitude to make tough decisions.

Based what i have read according to state law it could NOT be a budget or else they were required to have a quorum which they did NOT have. Unless of course you are saying that violated their own laws in order to get that passed?

However, You are arguing that they had to get rid of the unions, instead of working with them, in order to have the "latitude to make tough decisions" so thanks for admitting that it was about going after the unions. Whatever the reasoning, that is what it was all about and you just admitted it. Thanks again. LOL

Being a budget is different from having fiscal impact. Having spending items versus freeing up towns to have control over their own spending items = big difference. One needed a quorum. One did not.

AGAIN you admit that it was not budgetary. Thanks again. They could have worked with the unions but he said NO because it was all about going after the unions. His own actions and your words show that to be the case.

Did you even bother reading your own article?? Apparently NOT.

It says they throw out invalid addresses and flag questionable names and in accordance with current law the challenging party must catch and challenge duplications and phony names in order to have them removed. However, My guess is that walker apparently wants the state to pay for taking care of his responsibilities as well as stall for time. Big government at work. LOL

Your article aslo goes into the scare tactics that the republicans are engaging in to try and scare away petitioners such as making fraud, by their defininiton, a class I felony and prosecuting anyone they "believe" commited fraud.

It's funny how this only came about AFTER people started trying to recall walker isn't it??

Last edited:

also

That's what i found.

Wherever you got your "facts" from, you are in error if you claim that Walker created the hole in Wisconsin's budget, and if you claim the problem was only in the millions. We had a huge problem to fix. It was a long term problem, known to the previous administration.

Did I say that he created the hole in the budget?? I said his taxcuts added to it but I don't think I said he created it. Can you show me when I said such a thing? Furthermore I still have yet to see a source from you. Why is that?

Last edited:

AGAIN you admit that it was not budgetary. Thanks again. They could have worked with the unions but he said NO because it was all about going after the unions. His own actions and your words show that to be the case.

I would accuse you of being deliberately obtuse. You do not seem to be attempting to understand. However, I know that before I moved to Wisconsin, there was no way I would have been able to appreciate the budgetary impact of union activities here.

Walker had a deep understanding of it from his time as Milwaukee County Executive. He was the right man for the job of solving Wisconsin's budget woes.

That's the important thing. It's not too important for people on message boards to understand. If he doesn't survive this recall, he can step down knowing that he did something good for the state.

Did you even bother reading your own article?? Apparently NOT.

It says they throw out invalid addresses and flag questionable names and in accordance with current law the challenging party must catch and challenge duplications and phony names in order to have them removed. However, My guess is that walker apparently wants the state to pay to do his job as well as stall for time. Big government at work. LOL

Your article aslo goes into the scare tactics that the republicans are engaging in to try and scare away petitioners such as making fraud, by their defininiton, a class I felony and prosecuting anyone they "believe" commited fraud.

It's funny how this only came about AFTER people started trying to recall walker isn't it??

Yeah and in what universe is the state honest???

Who the fuck is there to vouch for the state??

Democrats are pathological liars and cheats that have zero respect for outcomes that don't favor their position - hence this whole process and the tyrant lawmakers that fled their state to Rockford, IL..

If they win its democracy but if they lose it's a fucking mistake...

So according to how it's set up, walker gets the the list of signature includding those that are flagged. Then it's up to the walker to challenge the signatures that are flagged if he so chooses and if he doesn't then they stand?
So he wants the state to pay for and take care of his responsbilities under the current setup of the state in which he is the governor all so he can stall for more time and waste more money when he claims the debt is important and this is what republicans are defending??

Then after all of this time and money is spent in being "more aggressive" in vetting the names walker will get the list and then challenge the flagged ones and even more of the signatures to draw this out even longer. How can anyone honestly defend these tactics?

Furthermore, I agree with a previous poster if the recall is going so poorly then why is walker still fighting it so hard?

edit: BTW your own article counters your opening thought. If they verify WI addresses then they are checking for more than just signatures on a piece of paper.

it's called hyperbole. sorry

if their job is to verify signatures and their policy was to flag obvious phoneys, such as mickey mouse, but not strike them, then they weren't doing their job. that would be true no matter who was being recalled.

i've expressed no opinion on how well the recall is or isn't going.

:thup:

This thread is really funny.

Collecting almost as many signatures to recall someone as there were votes electing him is a pretty successful effort.

They're not legitimate votes, and that will be proven.

When they're in Illinois signing up anyone what will sign their fucking petition that shows me that the nasty ass progressives will do anything it takes including going into another state to get a sig...

The petitioner is lucky it was a woman in Zion because if it was a man I would have handed a major ass-whooping...

Most signatures won't be accepted as valid.

Like I said in a previous post they were in fucking Illinois collecting signatures..

In typical fashion democrats are fucking cheats and liars - and those signatures from Illinois and all the other false sigs will account for at minimum 30% of their petition.

I personally saw those motherfuckers asking Illinois residents to sign their petition and I saw a couple that did and they had no idea what the fuck was going on...

They said "do you support unions, if you do sign this."

They should be in fucking jail for spewing across the border...

Like I said in a previous post - I told them to get the fuck back to Wisconsin...

That shit pissed me off. The dishonesty and the circumvention of democracy.

But HOW will this kind of thing be detected?

Mickey Mouse is easy to throw out. But what about made up people at made up addresses? Or people who give real addresses but don't happen to live at that address.

I hope that whoever was in Zion was too dumb to get convincing addresses but ????

Very frustrating.

I read somewhere that WI may spend $90k for a software program that will detect dup and fraud sigs.

This thread is really funny.

Collecting almost as many signatures to recall someone as there were votes electing him is a pretty successful effort.

What makes it hilarious is the denial of those anti unionists and their efforts to discredit signatures without any probable cause or evidence. Desperate, yet unwilling to look at why this happened (hint, the far right has taken control of the Republican Party and overreached).

Forum List

Back