Scott Walker Recall Campaign Losing Steam

I would accuse you of being deliberately obtuse. You do not seem to be attempting to understand. However, I know that before I moved to Wisconsin, there was no way I would have been able to appreciate the budgetary impact of union activities here.

Walker had a deep understanding of it from his time as Milwaukee County Executive. He was the right man for the job of solving Wisconsin's budget woes.

That's the important thing. It's not too important for people on message boards to understand. If he doesn't survive this recall, he can step down knowing that he did something good for the state.

I undetstand what you are trying to spin but it just doesn't fit the way you are trying to spin it.
What experiences have you had in dealing with unions that makes you special? You made the argument now where is the substance?

You got walker's talking points down and how he had to deal with them as Milwaukee County Executive but talking points is all that you seem to have to offer.

He wanted unions out of the way which is your argument and that is what he went for. They could have worked with the unions but he said NO because he wanted them gone. Claiming it was for the budget when they had to make it a seperate bill and not part of the budget says all that needs to be said.

You are the one spinning and acting like you have a place in a discussion about Walker and Wisconsin when you don't know the most basic of facts about the budgetary problem Walker was up against.

Says the poster who instead of presenting a valid argument has to try to tear down those who dare disagree with her OPINIONS and still has yet to provide one iota of substance to support anything that she has said even as she questions the right wing leaning sources (lol) provided by others.

P.S. So was the question I asked of you too hard to answer??

Wisconsin only has really two major cities - Milwaukee and Madison.

Then there are smaller cities like Racine and Kenosha..

Green Bay is small as hell..

If you added them up, via population, then broke them in half (voting age) and assumed half the population could vote, then split that in half you wouldn't have a million people.

There are about 5.8 million people in Wisconson. If half are voting age and half of those supports the recall, there'd easily be more than a million.

How many of the 5.5 are over 18??

I went liberal and I assumed half.

Then you have to break that number in half republican/democrat.

That of course is assuming everyone votes and we both know everyone does not vote, so you can beak that number down once again.

See how that number shrinks....

No way they have 1,000,000 signatures...

That is 1/5th of the state or 1 out of 5 people signed the fucking thing and babies and those under 18 are included under that number.

I would bet they don't even have 300,000 valid signatures...

http://gab.wi.gov/sites/default/files/page/registered_voters_by_congressional_district_post_e_48830.pdf
total as of 2010 is 3,493,306 registered voters in WI.

Wisconsin only has really two major cities - Milwaukee and Madison.

Then there are smaller cities like Racine and Kenosha..

Green Bay is small as hell..

If you added them up, via population, then broke them in half (voting age) and assumed half the population could vote, then split that in half you wouldn't have a million people.

There are about 5.8 million people in Wisconson. If half are voting age and half of those supports the recall, there'd easily be more than a million.

That of course is assuming everyone votes and we both know everyone does not vote, so you can beak that number down once again.

That is 1/5th of the state or 1 out of 5 people signed the fucking thing and babies and those under 18 are included under that number.

Read em and weep Nick
Read em and weep

Any way you count them, Walker is toast

Yes....there is justice in the United States

it's called hyperbole. sorry

if their job is to verify signatures and their policy was to flag obvious phoneys, such as mickey mouse, but not strike them, then they weren't doing their job. that would be true no matter who was being recalled.

i've expressed no opinion on how well the recall is or isn't going.

:thup:

If you had read your own article it clearly states that they check and flag questionable names and REMOVE those names with invalid addresses but it is up to the challenger, which is walker, to go through the list after they flag it and challenge any of the duplicates or questionable names in order to have them removed.

That is wisconsin law according to your own article if walker can't follow the laws of the state he is governor of then he shouldn't be the governor.

However, he apparently wants to stall for time and have the state pay for his responsibility as challenger of the petitiion. How is wasting time and money to do a job that his campaign should pay for good for the state?

spin it any way you want, if they would leave mickey mouse on the list if he supplied a WI address, they're not doing their job. EOF

have a nice day

I am not spinning anything. I am talking about WI law as presented by your own source that you are now refusing to acknowledge. Their "job" is defined by the very wisconsin law that your article talks about and any challenges are up to walker not this board. If he can't follow the laws of his own state then why should he remain governor?

I just can't get over how hilarious it is that you are running away from and refusing to address the actual content of your own source. LOL

It is highly improbable the anti-Walker has anywhere near 1,000,000 signatures...

It's not mathematically probable..

Scott Walker [R] 1,127,798 52% (X)
Tom Barrett [D] 1,004,802 47%
Libertarian / Terry Virgil [L] 6,734 0%
Jim Langer 10,528 0%
James James [C] 8,284 0%

You Decide 2010: Election Results Around Wisconsin - WNCY Y100 Your Home for Country & Fun

So we're expected to believe that they got 1,000,000 signatures to recall Walker when only 1,030,348 voters voted against him in the last election?

Yeah, right.

So why didn't the other 30,348 sign it? Did they flee to Illinois when the "volunteers" came to their houses? :dunno:

If you had read your own article it clearly states that they check and flag questionable names and REMOVE those names with invalid addresses but it is up to the challenger, which is walker, to go through the list after they flag it and challenge any of the duplicates or questionable names in order to have them removed.

That is wisconsin law according to your own article if walker can't follow the laws of the state he is governor of then he shouldn't be the governor.

However, he apparently wants to stall for time and have the state pay for his responsibility as challenger of the petitiion. How is wasting time and money to do a job that his campaign should pay for good for the state?

spin it any way you want, if they would leave mickey mouse on the list if he supplied a WI address, they're not doing their job. EOF

have a nice day

I am not spinning anything. I am talking about WI law as presented by your own source that you are now refusing to acknowledge. Their "job" is defined by the very wisconsin law that your article talks about and any challenges are up to walker not this board. If he can't follow the laws of his own state then why should he remain governor?

I just can't get over how hilarious it is that you are running away from and refusing to address the actual content of your own source. LOL

i'm not running away from it. if they were doing the job as prescribed by the law, why did a judge order them to do their job?

WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) - A Waukesha County judge has ordered state election officials to "take affirmative steps" to remove fake or duplicate names from recall petitions.

Judge Mac Davis ruled Thursday that the Government Accountability Board needs to strengthen the process by which it confirms whether signatures are valid.

The board has said its job is to verify that addresses are legitimate, and that it's up to the targeted office-holders to challenge fake names such as "Bugs Bunny."

But Davis said the board is obligated to remove obviously fake names, as well as duplicate and illegible signatures.

The ruling comes in a lawsuit filed by Governor Scott Walker's campaign and another party, in response to comments the board made about how it plans to validate petitions seeking Walker's recall.

Judge Orders GAB to Remove Invalid Signatures from Recall Petiti - WBAY-TV Green Bay-Fox Cities-Northeast Wisconsin News

i guess you'll just have to get over it. :lol:

Read em and weep Nick
Read em and weep

Any way you count them, Walker is toast

Yes....there is justice in the United States

According to my calculations everyone who is of voting age and who opposes Walker would need to sign the petition to get a 1,000,000 sigs...

After Milwaukee, Madison, Racine and Kenosha Wisconsin has nothing...

Last edited:
Once again progressives have been caught in a lie - this time it has been proven though simple mathematics.

have a nice day

i'm not running away from it. if they were doing the job as prescribed by the law, why did a judge order them to do their job?

WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) - A Waukesha County judge has ordered state election officials to "take affirmative steps" to remove fake or duplicate names from recall petitions.

Judge Mac Davis ruled Thursday that the Government Accountability Board needs to strengthen the process by which it confirms whether signatures are valid.

The board has said its job is to verify that addresses are legitimate, and that it's up to the targeted office-holders to challenge fake names such as "Bugs Bunny."

But Davis said the board is obligated to remove obviously fake names, as well as duplicate and illegible signatures.

The ruling comes in a lawsuit filed by Governor Scott Walker's campaign and another party, in response to comments the board made about how it plans to validate petitions seeking Walker's recall.

Judge Orders GAB to Remove Invalid Signatures from Recall Petiti - WBAY-TV Green Bay-Fox Cities-Northeast Wisconsin News

i guess you'll just have to get over it. :lol:

Obviously they're not doing a good job...

Allegedly 1/5th of the population signed the petition...

I call that bullshit and propaganda...

OK, wait a minute, something is fishy here. Two days ago, this quote was posted...

There's a downside to starting a two-month recall petition drive in mid-November in Wisconsin. Sometimes it snows. A lot.

On Tuesday, Democrats plan to turn in petitions by the truckload to try to force a recall election of Gov. Scott Walker. The effort follows the governor's move last year to strip public workers of union bargaining rights.

A heavy snowstorm late this week had most Wisconsin residents more occupied with shoveling than with knocking on doors. Recall petition circulators in the heavily Democratic city of Madison, for the most part, disappeared.

But that's partly because Democrats say the effort is all but over. They have no doubt they'll turn in more than enough signatures to force a recall election.

"I feel very confident we'll be able to hit or come near our goal of 720,000 signatures that we've stated publicly," state Democratic Party chair Mike Tate says.

If he's right, it means Democrats would blow past the required 540,000 signatures needed to force a recall.

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee political science professor Mordecai Lee says it's an impressive number, given the high threshold needed to force a recall in Wisconsin. Petitioners have to get signatures from 25 percent of everyone who cast a vote in the last race for governor.

Lee says it shows this has become more than just a fight over the governor's collective bargaining law.

"This is not just the signatures of people who are directly affected by it and are unhappy," he says, "but this is also the signatures of people who are in support of the recall for ideological reasons, for political reasons, for party reasons, for reasons of their values."

Recall Supporters Confident, But Wis. GOP Has Sway : NPR

The Democrat Party chair said they would come close to their goal of 720,000 signatures. Now, all of a sudden, they have more than one million.

I smell a rat, and it isn't me.

http://gab.wi.gov/sites/default/files/page/registered_voters_by_congressional_district_post_e_48830.pdf
total as of 2010 is 3,493,306 registered voters in WI.

:lol:

But a population of 5.5 million............

No kids up in cheeseheadland???

Mr. Nick.....

Would you like to bet avatars for a week on that? I say they have enough signatures to get the recall...and it will happen.

How about it?

Ok you're on....

You just want my avatar :lol:..

That is me BTW - in the avatar...

No. I will select your avatar. You will keep it for at least a week. Same goes for me if the recall is denied.

Mr. Nick.....

Would you like to bet avatars for a week on that? I say they have enough signatures to get the recall...and it will happen.

How about it?

Ok you're on....

No. I will select your avatar. You will keep it for at least a week. Same goes for me if the recall is denied.

Go for it...

Fine with me.

Anything you want.

It's a bet and I am a man of my word.

Mr. Nick.....

How about it?

Ok you're on....

As a Bears fan I find your avatar funny :lol:

It's also highly ironic given your position on this subject.

Love your avatar tho........

Grated cheese :lol:

Last edited:
Did I say that he created the hole in the budget?? I said his taxcuts added to it but I don't think I said he created it. Can you show me when I said such a thing? Furthermore I still have yet to see a source from you. Why is that?

Thanks for the hyperbole and hyperpartisan rhetoric. However, according to an article on foxnews the budget was only GOING to be 137 million in the hole AFTER walker slashed taxes and cut projected revenues right after getting into office. So if you got that wrong what else did you get wrong?

You are right. You did not specifically say that he created the hole. I just recognized the "facts" you were presenting as being from the same source as that used by people who say he created the hole. You referred tax cuts enacted by Walker as contributing to a 137 million dollar hole, which means you were referring to the fix Walker had to make to the biennial budget which was running out at that time, when the reality is that the tax cuts he enacted wouldn't go into effect until later. They did not contribute to the relatively small hole he had to fix for that biennium. As a side issue the tax cuts were contingent on job creation and weren't guaranteed to be given out, but that's just a small detail in comparison to the denial that there was a 3.6 billion dollar shortfall to be dealt with in the next biennial budget.

Sources? Sources for what? Verification of the 3.6 billion dollar hole Walker needed to fix? Or what?

What sources would you accept as valid?

Uh I believe I cited foxnews and WSJ is that really what people are using to claim he created th hole?

If you don't know where I got my numbers from and don't trust the sources how can you make claims about my statements?? LOL Seems kind of contradictory on your part.

SO your NEW argument is that by the end of 2013 they WILL have a 3.6 billion dollar deficit IF they don't follow through with the cuts proposed by the outgoing governor and IF they chose to do nothing at all?? Got it.

A source would be appreciated. It sad that one has to be requested three times before you go find one. LOL

You have a peculiar way of mangling things. Outgoing governor? Is that your cute way of referring to Walker?

Nevermind. I would try to give you a source if you weren't bouncing around so much. You are pontificating so much based on such little knowledge. I cannot possibly give you a refresher course in what you have missed over the past year.

The most basic number which you can't even get right is 3.6 billion. That is common knowledge. That is why I ask you which source you would find acceptable. I'm sure you've seen it many times, yet you choose to deny it.

So again, which type of source would you find acceptable?

how likely is it that they actually got over 1,000,000 VALID signatures.
The total of registered voters as of 2010 was only 3,493,306. They allegedly got 29% of the voters.

I find this a little... odd.

Given the arrogance of Walker, I find it odd that they hove only a million or so.

how likely is it that they actually got over 1,000,000 VALID signatures.
The total of registered voters as of 2010 was only 3,493,306. They allegedly got 29% of the voters.

I find this a little... odd.

Given the arrogance of Walker, I find it odd that they hove only a million or so.

hove? What does hove mean? Can't have been a typo, as the O and A are on opposite sides of the keyboard.

Forum List

Back