Scott Walker Recall Campaign Losing Steam

Mac Davis - Judgepedia

J. Mac Davis is a circuit court judge for Waukesha County, Wisconsin[1] and the chief judge of the 3rd Judicial District.[2]

Davis is a former Republican state senator (1983-1990) and was elected to the court in 1990. [3]

I used to like watching his old variety show.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKEnVOuOOOE]Mac Davis -- It's Hard To Be Humble - YouTube[/ame]

You know good and well that this was not about the budget, it was about beating back the union.

Sure. Thats what it is all about. Beating back the union. The budget was fine!
Do you ever think for yourself?

Nope. He doesn't.

Apparantly he thinks the taxpayers in WI are made out of money.

Yes those tax cuts were expensive, I guess he had to make working people pay for them somehow.

Do you even remember the circumstances of the vote on this particular issue? Apparently you do not.

lol...I most certainly do.

I recall Walker campaigning to do what he ended up doing.
I remember Walker winning the election.
I remember Walker and his senate voting to eliminate collective bargaining rights for government employee unions as such has resulted in inflated pensions and other perks that are not consistant with what average non unoionized non government employees were getting.
I remmeber that such penisons and other perks were bleeding the budget.
I rememebr democratci senate members bolting town in an effort to stall Walker from doing what he campaigned to do.

I also rememeber people like you saying they applauded the senate for NOT DOING THEIR JOB and instead, running for a neighboring state.

Do you remember how it was suddenly reintroduced as a standalone bill and voted on with no debate? It had nothing to do with the budget, he had concessions from the union equal to what he was on record as wanting to save in that area and went ahead anyway.

Were the concessions enough? Also, if the governor is suggesting ending collective bargaining due to the budget, why did not the Democrats come up with an alternative to his ideas that do the same?

Of course, I am assuming that the democrats did not have an idea, that is why they are trying to lay ground work for the future to regain power by painting the Republicans as "Anti union madmen (which I tend to think they are anyway) that seeks to destroy the livlihood of hard working americans while they fill their pockets with profits derived from the exploitation of the working class"

Good idea! In 2 to 4 years, even I will get tired of the Republicans and get in to the Dems camp. But right now, Walker is needed to straighten the budget out.

Do you even remember the circumstances of the vote on this particular issue? Apparently you do not.

I remember Walker and his senate voting to eliminate collective bargaining rights for government employee unions as such has resulted in inflated pensions and other perks that are not consistant with what average non unoionized non government employees were getting.
I rememebr democratci senate members bolting town in an effort to stall Walker from doing what he campaigned to do.

I also rememeber people like you saying they applauded the senate for NOT DOING THEIR JOB and instead, running for a neighboring state.

Do you remember how it was suddenly reintroduced as a standalone bill and voted on with no debate? It had nothing to do with the budget, he had concessions from the union equal to what he was on record as wanting to save in that area and went ahead anyway.

you mean once he was elected governor and was able to review the state financials, recieve advice from his economic team, review all options and decided on what needed to be done......which was a slight devciation freom his original intention...but that was becuase he was not afforded the knowledge of the true financial crisis they were facing....

He opted to not have a debate as it was only going to get ugly and go nowhere. And as you saw...the democrats had no interest themselves in anything but having it THEUIR way....as was seen when they ran from the law.

you mean once he was elected governor and was able to review the state financials, recieve advice from his economic team, review all options and decided on what needed to be done......which was a slight devciation freom his original intention...but that was becuase he was not afforded the knowledge of the true financial crisis they were facing....

He opted to not have a debate as it was only going to get ugly and go nowhere. And as you saw...the democrats had no interest themselves in anything but having it THEUIR way....as was seen when they ran from the law.

if it had been a Democratic governor, and the Republican ran away to avoid doing their jobs, you can bet everything you own the Dems on here would have pitched a fit.

Mac Davis - Judgepedia

J. Mac Davis is a circuit court judge for Waukesha County, Wisconsin[1] and the chief judge of the 3rd Judicial District.[2]

Davis is a former Republican state senator (1983-1990) and was elected to the court in 1990. [3]
Elected, not appointed. Elected means the people of Wisconsin wanted him there.

And by the way it must be particularly galling for you to read this. I believe it was you who started the most threads about Scott Walker and how he needs to go right?

Well, the people of Wisconsin will decide his fate, not Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Illegal Aliens or Dead people.

All you can do is badmouth Instruments of Democracy.

Last edited:

if it had been a Democratic governor, and the Republican ran away to avoid doing their jobs, you can bet everything you own the Dems on here would have pitched a fit.

Probably but then again, democrats would have never put anyone's rights up for a vote or give tax cuts to some and and then try to balance the budget on the backs of people who work for a living.

Were the concessions enough?

They're all that Walker asked for, whether they were enough or not. That by itself is sufficient to show that the issue wasn't the budget.

Also, if the governor is suggesting ending collective bargaining due to the budget, why did not the Democrats come up with an alternative to his ideas that do the same?

Because ending collective bargaining won't do anything to help the budget this year, and that's just an excuse anyway. Ending collective bargaining isn't a means to an end for Walker, it's the goal.

And it's also NOT something he campaigned to do.

By the way, I agree that this thread is mis-titled. Having the petitions carefully vetted for invalid signatures has nothing to do with the movement's "steam."

Probably but then again, democrats would have never put anyone's rights up for a vote or give tax cuts to some and and then try to balance the budget on the backs of people who work for a living.

All people who work are working for a living.. It is not limited to just the unions...

Perks and sweetheart deals for state unions was bankrupting the state... That is no longer the case, thanks to Walker... All are now treated fairly....

"Judge Rules For Walker Campaign In Case Against State Election Officials"
From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal:
Judge rules for Walker campaign in case against state election officials - JSOnline
A judge ruled Thursday that the state Government Accountability Board needs to take more aggressive action to vet recall signatures that are expected to be submitted in two weeks against Gov. Scott Walker and other Republican office holders. The ruling by Waukesha County Circuit Judge J. Mac Davis came in a case filed Dec. 15 by Walker's campaign committee and Stephan Thompson, executive director of the state Republican Party, asking Davis to order the accountability board to seek out and eliminate duplicate and fictitious signatures and illegible addresses in recall petitions.
He also cited a media report that one man claimed he'd signed recall petitions 80 times, and submitted a petition from last summer's attempt to recall Sen. Jim Holperin (D-Conover), in which the accountability board allowed a "Bugs Bunny" signature to be counted. Kennedy said the signature was counted because Holperin didn't follow the proper procedures for challenging it.
Without the Dead, Illegal Alien and Cartoon Character signatures, it looks like the recall campaign is dead in the water!

Sorry Liberals! Instead of having Hissy Fits, it looks like you'll just have to work with a duly elected official like all the grown ups have to! :D

If Wisconsin wants to get rid of Walker,than so be it. The man has only tried to get their Budget under control and bring jobs back to Wisconsin. Unfortunately,he has been vilified by the usual suspects for doing that. If the People of Wisconsin want to replace him with the far Left/Union Thugs, than i guess they get what they deserve. Their Third World mess is all on them.

please

democrats in mass restricted collective bargaining for public unions and no one in the dem establishment said a word

more fail

please

democrats in mass restricted collective bargaining for public unions and no one in the dem establishment said a word

more fail

Didn't a Dem governor up in Rhode Island sign a Voter ID law into effect too? Don't Dems say that takes away the voting rights of some minority, student, and elderly?

Typically petitions are searched for duplicate signatures and phoney names. This has been the rule for millions of years or perhaps at least 75 years.

The greatest source of voter fraud comes in the form of RINO dominated republicans.

Scott Walker need to hit the road. May I suggest he move to Iraq and live as Iraq people do.

Typically petitions are searched for duplicate signatures and phoney names. This has been the rule for millions of years or perhaps at least 75 years.

The greatest source of voter fraud comes in the form of RINO dominated republicans.

then why was it the Democrats who were against searching the recall petitions for duplicate signatures and phoney names?

If you look at the point of the recall, you would realize that the left had a bigger hurdle to jump than prompting the recall election.

Like winning the recall, for example. Without an incident of public corruption, policies that fundementally disrupts society or suppression of valued rights(yep, I know. The "disregard of citizens right to collective bargain" is being usurped. But the left forgets that it is running up against our natural politics, the "right to survive" in terms of state finances. The left has to present another idea that balance the state budget in order to preserve collective bargaining. They have not.) The left cannot hope to win anyway.

At best, they can only use up capital with the electorate to make a political statement. Not good politics, if you ask me.

You know good and well that this was not about the budget, it was about beating back the union.

Tell that to the average Wisconsin tax payer who was looking at a 3 billion dollar deficit when Walker took office and a balanced budget two years later. The public sector unions in Wisconsin NEEDED to be beaten back because they were bleeding the State dry. Walker did just that. The recall effort is sputtering because there are only so many union people and far left liberals and they've already signed (from some reports...several times!) so now they've got to get signatures from the OTHER folks in Wisconsin. Good luck on that and even better luck trying to convince the electorate in Wisconsin that they'd be better off going back to the same people who put them 3 billion in debt in the first place.

If you look at the point of the recall, you would realize that the left had a bigger hurdle to jump than prompting the recall election.

Like winning the recall, for example. Without an incident of public corruption, policies that fundementally disrupts society or suppression of valued rights(yep, I know. The "disregard of citizens right to collective bargain" is being usurped. But the left forgets that it is running up against our natural politics, the "right to survive" in terms of state finances. The left has to present another idea that balance the state budget in order to preserve collective bargaining. They have not.) The left cannot hope to win anyway.

At best, they can only use up capital with the electorate to make a political statement. Not good politics, if you ask me.

Tell that to the average Wisconsin tax payer who was looking at a 3 billion dollar deficit when Walker took office and a balanced budget two years later. The public sector unions in Wisconsin NEEDED to be beaten back because they were bleeding the State dry. Walker did just that. The recall effort is sputtering because there are only so many union people and far left liberals and they've already signed (from some reports...several times!) so now they've got to get signatures from the OTHER folks in Wisconsin. Good luck on that and even better luck trying to convince the electorate in Wisconsin that they'd be better off going back to the same people who put them 3 billion in debt in the first place.

Bingo! :dance:

Forum List

Back