Scott Walker Recall Campaign Losing Steam

Column: Why U.S. should cheer for Scott Walker

Wisconsin has emerged as a central battleground in the fight over the outsized political role played by, and the enormous privileges enjoyed by, public employee unions. The collective bargaining entitlement enables public sector workers to extract excessive compensation, benefits, and pension packages at the expense of taxpayers.

In March, Walker signed what is now nationally famous legislation that reformed public employee collective bargaining. The bill was crucial to putting Wisconsin on a sustainable fiscal path. Public employee unions fought bitterly, albeit unsuccessfully, to block Walker's reforms. Now they are trying to recall him.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, which opposed Walker's collective bargaining reforms, recently noted, "The governor did balance the budget … he did reduce the structural deficit significantly; he did put a lid on property tax increases; he did give schools and municipalities more control over their budgets than they've had in years."

Collective bargaining reform is also needed to enable genuine education reform. The collective bargaining privilege gives teacher unions political power that is used to block reform efforts and shield K-12 education from entrepreneurial disruptions that threaten established ways of doing things.

In a recent discussion, Walker told me that "collective bargaining in the public sector is not a right; it's an expensive entitlement." The struggle to rein in and reform expensive entitlements will define American politics for the next generation. A key front line is in Wisconsin.

Ed Schultz will be crapping his pants if all this falls thru, he was so sure Scott was going to be shown the door in 2012.

How is this losing steam? It's more like assholes dishonestly trying to sabotage democracy.

That's true only if you believe democracy requires us to tolerate fraud on a massive scale. Of course, that's exactly what turds like you believe.

Last edited:
Scott Walker need to hit the road. May I suggest he move to Iraq and live as Iraq people do.

May I suggest that you take dive into a well used cesspool head first?

Turds like you need to hit the road. Productive Americans are tired of supporting all useless ticks on the ass of society.

Scott Walker Recall Campaign Losing Steam
January 11, 2012

BU$TED!!!!!!

"Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) may have violated his state’s campaign finance law over 1,000 times in the 2010 gubernatorial campaign by failing to properly report contributions, according to a new report."

Losing steam......

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
528.gif

Sure. Thats what it is all about. Beating back the union. The budget was fine!
Do you ever think for yourself?

Do you even remember the circumstances of the vote on this particular issue? Apparently you do not.

lol...I most certainly do.

I recall Walker campaigning to do what he ended up doing.

Then you are remembering wrong...

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says he campaigned on his budget repair plan, including curtailing collective bargaining

Politifact rated...

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...sin-gov-scott-walker-says-he-campaigned-his-/

Democracy in action. If they vote him out, the people of Wisconsin will have earned what they get. I don't think it'll happen, but who knows. I don't live anywhere near WI and have no idea how things are going there, but hasn't the economy and jobs situation improved a little bit? Aren't the local gov'ts finding it a little easier to operate?

"Judge Rules For Walker Campaign In Case Against State Election Officials"
From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal:
Judge rules for Walker campaign in case against state election officials - JSOnline
A judge ruled Thursday that the state Government Accountability Board needs to take more aggressive action to vet recall signatures that are expected to be submitted in two weeks against Gov. Scott Walker and other Republican office holders. The ruling by Waukesha County Circuit Judge J. Mac Davis came in a case filed Dec. 15 by Walker's campaign committee and Stephan Thompson, executive director of the state Republican Party, asking Davis to order the accountability board to seek out and eliminate duplicate and fictitious signatures and illegible addresses in recall petitions.
He also cited a media report that one man claimed he'd signed recall petitions 80 times, and submitted a petition from last summer's attempt to recall Sen. Jim Holperin (D-Conover), in which the accountability board allowed a "Bugs Bunny" signature to be counted. Kennedy said the signature was counted because Holperin didn't follow the proper procedures for challenging it.
Without the Dead, Illegal Alien and Cartoon Character signatures, it looks like the recall campaign is dead in the water!

Sorry Liberals! Instead of having Hissy Fits, it looks like you'll just have to work with a duly elected official like all the grown ups have to! :D

They won't get the recall...

Remember signatures have to be validated and I would have no problem assuming that 30% of the signatures aren't even valid..

This recall shit is nothing more than a lingering protest by progressive communists.

It will take longer to recall Walker than his term.

Oh, and he will be reelected.

Last edited:
"Judge Rules For Walker Campaign In Case Against State Election Officials"
From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal:
Judge rules for Walker campaign in case against state election officials - JSOnline
A judge ruled Thursday that the state Government Accountability Board needs to take more aggressive action to vet recall signatures that are expected to be submitted in two weeks against Gov. Scott Walker and other Republican office holders. The ruling by Waukesha County Circuit Judge J. Mac Davis came in a case filed Dec. 15 by Walker's campaign committee and Stephan Thompson, executive director of the state Republican Party, asking Davis to order the accountability board to seek out and eliminate duplicate and fictitious signatures and illegible addresses in recall petitions.
He also cited a media report that one man claimed he'd signed recall petitions 80 times, and submitted a petition from last summer's attempt to recall Sen. Jim Holperin (D-Conover), in which the accountability board allowed a "Bugs Bunny" signature to be counted. Kennedy said the signature was counted because Holperin didn't follow the proper procedures for challenging it.
Without the Dead, Illegal Alien and Cartoon Character signatures, it looks like the recall campaign is dead in the water!

Sorry Liberals! Instead of having Hissy Fits, it looks like you'll just have to work with a duly elected official like all the grown ups have to! :D

They won't get the recall...

Remember signatures have to be validated and I would have no problem assuming that 30% of the signatures aren't even valid..

This recall shit is nothing more than a lingering protest by progressive communists.

It will take longer to recall Walker than his term.

Oh, and he will be reelected.

I think 30% is kinda high myself.

Edit: Uh, I meant low. I'm so embarassed.

Last edited:
They will have enough signatures to trigger a recall. There will be an election, but it remains to be seen whether they will successfully recall him. They (the Dems) have to have a candidate first.

Will be interesting to see how many get tossed out. I'll be checking online to make sure no one snuck my name onto a petition.

And then it will be interesting to see who the Dems run against Walker.

I'll be proudly voting for him again. Voting for him in 2010 was the most meaningful vote I ever cast.

If our state is foolish enough to vote him out, at least it will be awhile before politicians can undo what Walker accomplished.

But it's far from guaranteed that the Democrats can find someone who can beat him. Every month which passes gives more time to show that the Walker reforms have been good for municipal budgets.

Will be interesting to see how many get tossed out. I'll be checking online to make sure no one snuck my name onto a petition.

And then it will be interesting to see who the Dems run against Walker.

I'll be proudly voting for him again. Voting for him in 2010 was the most meaningful vote I ever cast.

If our state is foolish enough to vote him out, at least it will be awhile before politicians can undo what Walker accomplished.

But it's far from guaranteed that the Democrats can find someone who can beat him. Every month which passes gives more time to show that the Walker reforms have been good for municipal budgets.

I'm from North Eastern Illinois and I can tell you that the majority of signatures aren't even valid..

The petitioners were spilling over into Illinois collecting signatures... They were literally asking Illinois residents to sign their petition to recall Walker..

I saw them doing that in Zion, Illinois and I got pissed... I told them to go back to Wisconsin...

How is this losing steam? It's more like assholes dishonestly trying to sabotage democracy.

yep

it's a good thing the repubs nipped it in the bud via the court system.
God Damn legal system preventing fraud again! :D

Fraud?? You mean like running phony democrats to create runoffs and confusion on the left in order to try and prevent recalls of republicans??

How can anyone honestly claim to be against fraud and support people who engage in such tactics?? LOL

What's the over and under on the number of dead people out of those 1 million signatures? Somebody had to think of it, no? Couple thousand maybe?

Forum List

Back