Scott Brown May Save Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sinatra, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    If Obama actually takes heed of the very loud message being sent him via the elections in Virginia, New Jersey, and now Massachusetts, he has ample time to alter course and steer his administration back to the political center.

Bill Clinton did so, and was rewarded with 2nd term.

Does Obama have the pragmatism to do the same - or will his ignorant arrogance win out?

Remember, Clinton had ample executive experience as a governor of a largely conservative state.

Obama has no such experience - in fact, Obama's experience that requires actual leadership does not exist. Thus the great political danger to him now. He must learn quickly that America is sounding warning after warning regarding this willingness to allow Pelosi and Reid to dominate the legislative direction of the country, while Obama simply comes out repeatedly and teleprompts a supportive speech for this direction. That approach has made Obama appear both weak and uncertain of himself as the leader of the Democrat Party.

Time to grow up Mr. President and face the music - and start to dance to the tune of the American people, and not the far left current leadership of the Democrat Party.

2. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Time to start governing instead of the continued campaign.

I'm not so sure he'll make the move towards the middle. The base he has left, his far left, will be furious if he abandons them for a more centrist approach. But hey, I could be wrong.

3. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,817
    This is a fascinating question.

I have always thought that rather than the kind of politician, like President Clinton, no principles other than the need for approval, this President was a true believer in Euro-thought, and it will be very difficult for him to vary his approach to the Presidency.

In fact, I always thought that he would settle for one term to get the changes that he promised his base.

If a politician, "Time to start governing instead of the continued campaign."

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Deregulated User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +380
    According to those on the left, you couldn't be any more wrong. This election has nothing to do with Obama. It's about the Massachusetts people not wanting to pay more for the healthcare they already receive and just the fact that Americans are fickle and don't want one party to completely rule.

This of course makes perfect sense if you ignore the fact that no republican senator has been elected by that state in 40 years.

5. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    I don't believe Boyking possesses the kind of introspection it takes or is anywhere near as smart as Bubba.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Obama's far too much of an ideologue. He's not Bill Clinton by any stretch.

He will "stay the course."

7. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I think it will save the Dem party.

Never take a seat for granted.

I wonder how much money the R party gave brown?

8. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    "Save the dem party" from what?

9. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I don't know if it helps the President but i do think it does help the moderate Democrats who never wanted to vote for this health care debacle. Scott Brown winning does give those moderates an excuse to try and kill the bill. I guess we'll see though.

10. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005

To this point that appears to be correct - Obama's arrogant ignorance will be his political doom if he cannot grasp the politics being developed around him.

Watch for the media to once again crank up the "America could be too racist for a Black President" angle to try to minimize the true message of Virginia-New Jersey-Massachusetts.

The old White Guilt ploy aided Obama's election campaign, it will be utilized once again.

That playbook is getting old though, and independents are not falling for it nearly as much.

If Obama does not learn the lesson of these anti-Big Government elections, he will not see a 2nd term...