Scott Brown for President in 2016

Discussion in 'Politics' started by manifold, Mar 9, 2011.

1. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,925
    Lets face it, Obama is going to get re-elected in 2012 and all things considered, it could be worse. And there are no 2012 GOP candidates that I'd trust enough to risk up to 8 years of that. At this point, the best thing for the country and the GOP is for them to focus on holding Congress and riding it out. And by 'riding it out' I specifically mean blocking any attempts by Obama to advance any parts of his agenda for which they oppose ideologically. I'm not suggesting they be obstructionist or disruptive to fundamental government operations, just vigilant against all 'change' they believe moves the country in the wrong direction. If the people of this country do not support them in that effort, let them speak up in 2012 and give Obama the reigns with a healthy majority in both houses. Afterall, that's how it's supposed to work. It's not supposed to be easy to implement revolutionary change, for that a mandate from the people is essential if we believe in anything the Founding Fathers put in place. But at the same time, if Obama gets his mandate, the rest of the country (including me) needs to suck it up and deal. When it comes to what and how much we tax, and how we spend the revenues, it's a matter of ideology, not constitutionality...therefore the majority rules. Of course I wouldn't bet on that.

But at the same time, the GOP needs to reinvent itself and make a serious move toward the center. This may sound contradictory to the above recommendation for the GOP to turn Congress into an ideological battleground for the next 5 years, but it really isn't. I think people do want change, even *gasp* in some cases a move to the left, but Obama is too radical. However, if the GOP doesn't offer their own solutions then the radical left will eventually beat down the public and get their mandate. In other words, don't let it get so bad that any change looks like greener pastures than no change at all.

I submit that Scott Brown is just the man to lead this charge and I hereby officially endorse Scott Brown for President in 2016.

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,887
    Well, you're good a picking the winners of elections, I'll give you that. You backed Bush and then Obama...how can this be any worse?

3. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,550
    Really? Thanks for letting us know that. My crystal ball is in the shop right now getting fixed so I haven't been able to tell all of you exactly what is going to happen 20 months from now in an election where 65 million random people will go cast a random vote for president of the United States. Thanks for having my back.

4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,774
    Manitool backed obie wan?

Oh my God!

5. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    if the repub candidate is one of the bunch currently being touted, i'll be doing exactly what i did in '08-leaving it blank.

you could drag a bottle of mad dog through the pine st inn and come up with somebody as fit to be president as that gaggle of asshats.

6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,774
    I'd vote for a turnip before I'd vote for a demonRat and that's a fact jack.

7. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    NO!!!!! Hell NO!!!! ****ing Hell NO!!!!

Not in 2012, 2016, 2040. There is no way and under no circumstance that I could EVER vote for Scott Brown for ANYTHING.

He is not a CONSERVATIVE. Hell, he isn't even really a REPUBLICAN. Not a chance. No way. I say this as someone who is currently "represented" by this spineless weasel.

8. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    My crystal ball says Mani was listening to 98.5 this morning.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    you wouldn't know a conservative if one bit you on the ass.

keep swinging, sammy.

10. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    i'm going with gary busey for the win :lol: