Science claims time travel is possible

Science Claims Time Travel is Possible
The past is the final frontier. Traveling back in time isn’t necessarily science fiction, according to a new paper published in Classical and Quantum Gravity. The paper’s title, “Traversable acausal retrograde domains in spacetime,” creates the acronym TARDIS – the name of the fictional time machine in “Doctor Who.” “People think of time travel as something as fiction,” Ben Tippett, the lead author of the study, told The University of British Columbia. “But, mathematically, it is possible.”
====================================================================

Like we keep trying to tell the locked minds who can't seem to break that one track thinking. All those movies you watch and all those you think are " just tv or just in the movies. Many of those movies were to pre program you into things we already have, or have already done. It acclimates you, it prepares you for what they have done twenty years ago already. That's not for every single thing but to cram everything into one.

That is so when it finally makes it break into public the thinking will be nothing more than " oh cool" it gets the techie addicts a high.

This would be cool stuff, interest etc if the dam bs wasn't always going to be used against us.

Good examples of this technology being put before us.

FRINGE
CONTINIUM
even that dumb movie with Michael J. Fox back to the future
How do you get back to the time you left from?

By waking up to reality whatever point that is lol
I guess so... :lol:... my point is, if you can travel through time, why is going back the only direction?

The past is the final frontier. Traveling back in time isn’t necessarily science fiction, according to a new paper published in Classical and Quantum Gravity. The paper’s title, “Traversable acausal retrograde domains in spacetime,” creates the acronym TARDIS – the name of the fictional time machine in “Doctor Who.” “People think of time travel as something as fiction,” Ben Tippett, the lead author of the study, told The University of British Columbia. “But, mathematically, it is possible.”

Like we keep trying to tell the locked minds who can't seem to break that one track thinking. All those movies you watch and all those you think are " just tv or just in the movies. Many of those movies were to pre program you into things we already have, or have already done. It acclimates you, it prepares you for what they have done twenty years ago already. That's not for every single thing but to cram everything into one.

That is so when it finally makes it break into public the thinking will be nothing more than " oh cool" it gets the techie addicts a high.

This would be cool stuff, interest etc if the dam bs wasn't always going to be used against us.

FRINGE
CONTINIUM

I guess so... :lol:... my point is, if you can travel through time, why is going back the only direction?

Well I don't think one has to just go back, we can jump to the future too. Like Uhmm in those show Fringe or Continuum if you never saw them you ought to check it out.

FRINGE
CONTINIUM

Yes. Einstein actually disliked that his theory supported the idea of time travel.

FRINGE
CONTINIUM

Well I don't think one has to just go back, we can jump to the future too. Like Uhmm in those show Fringe or Continuum if you never saw them you ought to check it out.
Watch Doctor Who, much more fun... ;)

Time travel is not possible, except in a tiny fraction of time at the edge of a black hole. Inconsequential when talking about more than a few seconds or even minutes.

Time travel is hypothetically possible, but not in practical turns. It would like kill any person ging through, but perhaps one day it can be used to send data streams through back to people prepped to receive and interpret it.

Time only exists re change.

Not true. The flow of time is only perceptable through change, but the flow of time occurs regardless.

Imagine the universe is entirely empty, just empty space and you are immortal and you are just sitting in space watching. Time becomes meaningless as nothing changes. Change is what marks time. Once a sun processes a trillion tons of hydrogen to helium you can't turn back the clock of the universe and make that happen again. It's already changed.

You say that in you scenario time is meaningless then you say it is irrevocable.

Make your mind up.

Time travel as proposed in fiction is something that cannot take place.

True.

This whole thread made my brain ache

Time is not a hard line, it is a construct of perception and dist... oh fuck it not worth my time.

Me, I don't think I'd go back or forward. I'm okay where I am, there's shit I could have fixed in my past, but who knows how the paradox would shake out. This "timeline" is good for me.

Would you go back and stop the killing of Kennedy?
What do you think the ramifications might be?

Time travel is not possible, except in a tiny fraction of time at the edge of a black hole. Inconsequential when talking about more than a few seconds or even minutes.

Time only exists re change. Imagine the universe is entirely empty, just empty space and you are immortal and you are just sitting in space watching. Time becomes meaningless as nothing changes. Change is what marks time. Once a sun processes a trillion tons of hydrogen to helium you can't turn back the clock of the universe and make that happen again. It's already changed.

Time travel as proposed in fiction is something that cannot take place.
Disagreed that it's not possible, but anyone who goes back into time, IMO, would automatically go to a different timeline to prevent paradoxes. One way this could happen is that there are an infinite number of universes. Everything that could happen, happens. Every moment creates an infinite number of universes where everything that could happen, does happen. So, for example, there are universes where Hillary did win or where she did win, but died in office. Same for Trump on that last one. Or Cruz won, Gore, etc.

Would you go back and stop the killing of Kennedy?
What do you think the ramifications might be?
Different timeline. I doubt we'd have been hip-deep in Vietnam as we were under Johnson. We could have seen RFK as President too.

I think LBJ served JFKs second term
If JFK had lived, he would have made the same mistakes LBJ did. They even had the same Defense Secretary in Robert McNamara. Do you think he would have given JFK different advice? JFK would have been hated if he served a second term

That title above is BOGUS.
The cited "research" is strictly mathematical using scientific principles, e.g., Einstein's special relativity.

Math is a tool in scientific research & theory. Scientific methods & interpretations are based on philosophical concepts & principles, i.e., Philosophy of Science.

The bogus claims made in the cited newspaper do not reflect "scientific" research with any possibility of realistic evaluation of the "back in time" crap proposal due to curved spacetime.
Philosophically, you cannot "uncause" an event that already transpired.

That title above is BOGUS.
The cited "research" is strictly mathematical using scientific principles, e.g., Einstein's special relativity.

Math is a tool in scientific research & theory. Scientific methods & interpretations are based on philosophical concepts & principles, i.e., Philosophy of Science.

The bogus claims made in the cited newspaper do not reflect "scientific" research with any possibility of realistic evaluation of the "back in time" crap proposal due to curved spacetime.
Philosophically, you cannot "uncause" an event that already transpired.
From a psychological perspective, the "conclusions" in the cited news article are like saying mathematical problem solving reflects a high "IQ" that reflects "Intelligence" ... NOT!
Depends on conceptual definitions.
One view of an intelligent mind is that its awareness reflects the organism's experiential adaptation to reality; within environmental constraints.

I know this will sound crazy but coming from me and those who don't understand ( aren't awake fully yet) Check it out remember those shows I mention Fringe, how many remember " Quantum leap) this is how they have prepared the public for what we already have. They've know they could do this.

The trouble was allowing the public to know about the " real deal" without people freaking out over it. As they did when that one radio announcer said UFO's were coming and people jumped out of windows.

Anybody familar with this term can begin to connect the dots for " our being prepared to accept what we've already had" & no that does not mean every single show or movies put out is doing this when full out of a trance the showw or movies are easy to pick out.

anyway there is this term " QUANTUM COMPUTERS" ...

upload_2017-5-5_8-1-48.png

Quantum mechanics of time travel - Wikipedia

Geordie Rose - Quantum Computing: Artificial Intelligence Is Here

Quantum Computing, Google, CERN, NASA and the Mandela Effect

The second one is really interesting

Forum List

Back