Science claims time travel is possible

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Science Claims Time Travel is Possible
The past is the final frontier. Traveling back in time isn’t necessarily science fiction, according to a new paper published in Classical and Quantum Gravity. The paper’s title, “Traversable acausal retrograde domains in spacetime,” creates the acronym TARDIS – the name of the fictional time machine in “Doctor Who.” “People think of time travel as something as fiction,” Ben Tippett, the lead author of the study, told The University of British Columbia. “But, mathematically, it is possible.”
====================================================================

Like we keep trying to tell the locked minds who can't seem to break that one track thinking. All those movies you watch and all those you think are " just tv or just in the movies. Many of those movies were to pre program you into things we already have, or have already done. It acclimates you, it prepares you for what they have done twenty years ago already. That's not for every single thing but to cram everything into one.

That is so when it finally makes it break into public the thinking will be nothing more than " oh cool" it gets the techie addicts a high.

This would be cool stuff, interest etc if the dam bs wasn't always going to be used against us.

Good examples of this technology being put before us.

FRINGE
CONTINIUM
even that dumb movie with Michael J. Fox back to the future

Science Claims Time Travel is Possible
The past is the final frontier. Traveling back in time isn’t necessarily science fiction, according to a new paper published in Classical and Quantum Gravity. The paper’s title, “Traversable acausal retrograde domains in spacetime,” creates the acronym TARDIS – the name of the fictional time machine in “Doctor Who.” “People think of time travel as something as fiction,” Ben Tippett, the lead author of the study, told The University of British Columbia. “But, mathematically, it is possible.”
====================================================================

Like we keep trying to tell the locked minds who can't seem to break that one track thinking. All those movies you watch and all those you think are " just tv or just in the movies. Many of those movies were to pre program you into things we already have, or have already done. It acclimates you, it prepares you for what they have done twenty years ago already. That's not for every single thing but to cram everything into one.

That is so when it finally makes it break into public the thinking will be nothing more than " oh cool" it gets the techie addicts a high.

This would be cool stuff, interest etc if the dam bs wasn't always going to be used against us.

Good examples of this technology being put before us.

FRINGE
CONTINIUM
even that dumb movie with Michael J. Fox back to the future

indeed

you are traveling through time right now

--LOL

Time travel is not possible, except in a tiny fraction of time at the edge of a black hole. Inconsequential when talking about more than a few seconds or even minutes.

Time only exists re change. Imagine the universe is entirely empty, just empty space and you are immortal and you are just sitting in space watching. Time becomes meaningless as nothing changes. Change is what marks time. Once a sun processes a trillion tons of hydrogen to helium you can't turn back the clock of the universe and make that happen again. It's already changed.

Time travel as proposed in fiction is something that cannot take place.

Click here for pictorial summary of the paper. Click here for a narrative summary.

The paper doesn't show time travel is possible. It does, however, present a geometry in which it is possible. In other words, he's presented a mathematical equation that describes time travel using what "laymen" consider a time machine -- Tippett calls it a "bubble" -- is feasible (mathematically). It's the viability of "time travel using a 'time machine'" that he proves mathematically. That's not at all the same thing as asserting the existential possibility of time travel.

Click here for pictorial summary of the paper. Click here for a narrative summary.

The paper doesn't show time travel is possible. It does, however, present a geometry in which it is possible. In other words, he's presented a mathematical equation that describes time travel using what "laymen" consider a time machine -- Tippett calls it a "bubble" -- is feasible (mathematically). It's the viability of "time travel using a 'time machine'" that he proves mathematically. That's not at all the same thing as asserting the existential possibility of time travel.
"If" a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass every time he hops.

1987 is the year that I would want to go back to if I could go back. I was only five back then, but as a girl who is almost 35 now, getting the number of my newest favorite singer would be my intention when going back as well as not going back to right now because my late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal is not here anymore.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

1987 is the year that I would want to go back to if I could go back. I was only five back then, but as a girl who is almost 35 now, getting the number of my newest favorite singer would be my intention when going back as well as not going back to right now because my late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal is not here anymore.

Holly

JOSweetHeart

Wish we could.
I would go back to about 1920, and gladly live my life out.
I'd go back to the early 40s as a 21-y-o Army Airforce fighter pilot, preferably flying a P51 against the Krauts but a Hellcat for splashing Japs into the Pacific would also be nice.

I would go back to 2008..to tell my wife I loved her before she died... just once again..

And then travel back to December 28th 1995..to be there once again when my daughter was being born.

Wish we could.
I would go back to about 1920, and gladly live my life out.
I'd go back to the early 40s as a 21-y-o Army Airforce fighter pilot, preferably flying a P51 against the Krauts but a Hellcat for splashing Japs into the Pacific would also be nice.

I would go back to 2008..to tell my wife I loved her before she died... just once again..

And then travel back to December 28th 1995..to be there once again when my daughter was being born.

And then I would go back to 1978 and buy as much stock in apple as I could..

:)

Holly

JOSweetHeart

Thank you! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I love to listen to him and watch him at the You Tube website where I was able to share what I have of him too.

I want to go back to the seventies. At the first meeting of my first husband aka anti-christ I'd keep on a walking. Maybe peg a rock at his head when he wasn'tlooking.
And I would try so much harder and never give up convincing my momma to throw the cigs out.

I want to go back to the seventies. At the first meeting of my first husband aka anti-christ I'd keep on a walking. Maybe peg a rock at his head when he wasn'tlooking.
And I would try so much harder and never give up convincing my momma to throw the cigs out.

The 70s are your thing, the 80s are mine

This reminds me of wanting to time travel back in time to hold Dawn's hand, when we were in Vegas .
And she wanted to marry me at a stop and shop marriage place..

We were to much like a brother and sister.

We got all drunk...

I tried to sleep on the floor..

Nothing happened...

The 70s are your thing, the 80s are mine

This reminds me of wanting to time travel back in time to hold Dawn's hand, when we were in Vegas .
And she wanted to marry me at a stop and shop marriage place..

We were to much like a brother and sister.

We got all drunk...

I tried to sleep on the floor..

Nothing happened...

I wonder what would of happened now if I kept holding her hand?

Forum List

Back