School Official Demands “Home School License”

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
When a family in Lenoir (Caldwell County) decided to withdraw their son from public school last month in order to teach him at home, an official at the middle school refused to remove him from the public school rolls until the mother first produced a “home school license.” This meant that the child would be considered truant by the public school while being taught in a homeschool setting.

After the parents contacted Home School Legal Defense Association for assistance, Senior Counsel Dewitt Black wrote the school official and advised her that the family was in full compliance with state law, having filed a notice of intent to operate a homeschool with the North Carolina Division of Non-Public Education. Black also informed the school official that there was no such thing as a “home school license” and, further, that there was no requirement under state law that parents operating a homeschool provide the school district with any documentation relating to its operation. Finally, Black’s letter stated that since the parents had already made a good faith effort to follow the school’s normal withdrawal procedure, they were under no obligation to take any other action in this regard.

This is an example of how threatening legal problems can arise even in a state with a good homeschool law.

HSLDA | School Official Demands "Home School License"

Most home schooled are right wingers as far as I can tell. The only bad thing I can see is they will raise some really stupid kids that won't be able to survive without food stamps and welfare.

Most home schooled are right wingers as far as I can tell. The only bad thing I can see is they will raise some really stupid kids that won't be able to survive without food stamps and welfare.

No, the kids actually do better on standardized tests than the public school kids.

Another pathetic uninformed liberal nut case post, based on garbage data. Next thing you will be saying is that charter schools are failures as well.

No, the kids actually do better on standardized tests than the public school kids.

I don't respond to rdean's filth. He is a piece of shit left wing radical moonbat.

Why is it that, when i read this, i kept hearing that "Blah blah blah" noise that all the adults in Charlie Brown cartoons make?

Too much inbreeding down in jesusland:eusa_whistle:

And you're the expert...Based on experience with inbreeding...Now put down that banjo and wipe the drool from your mouth.

Depends on the district.

And where I used to live in L.A most of the home schooled kids were actors or athletes (ice skaters and gymnasts)

Note the town (Lenoir) and the county (Caldwell). Nothing against home schooling if the parents are serious and do it right. But that part of NC is a sinkhole of crazy people, in my opinion. Does anybody know if it is a militia center of activity?

Last edited:
Note the town (Lenoir) and the county (Caldwell). Nothing against home schooling if the parents are serious and do it right. But that part of NC is a sinkhole of crazy people, in my opinion. Does anybody know if it is a militia center of activity?
The entire state of Utah is a "sinkhole of crazy people" in the opinion of a lot of ignorant bigots, you fucking ignorant bigot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

Depends on the district.

And where I used to live in L.A most of the home schooled kids were actors or athletes (ice skaters and gymnasts)

Are you talkin' about Los Angeles or Lower Alabama?

Forum List

Back