SB sunday - Why won't media mention Cam Newton's criminal past?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Cam Newton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On November 21, 2008, Newton was arrested for receiving stolen property after purchasing a stolen laptop computer from another University of Florida student. He was subsequently suspended from the team after the laptop was found to be in his possession.[14] Campus police "tracked the stolen laptop to the athlete...Newton tossed the computer out his dorm window in a humorously ill-advised attempt to hide it from cops."[15]All charges against Newton were dropped after he completed a court-approved pre-trial diversion program.

19 years old - not a juvenile. White boy would have done 20 years for this. But black privilege and affirmative action and reverse racism means that Cam skates with no penalty at all.!!!!

On November 21, 2008, Newton was arrested for receiving stolen property after purchasing a stolen laptop computer from another University of Florida student. He was subsequently suspended from the team after the laptop was found to be in his possession.[14] Campus police "tracked the stolen laptop to the athlete...Newton tossed the computer out his dorm window in a humorously ill-advised attempt to hide it from cops."[15]All charges against Newton were dropped after he completed a court-approved pre-trial diversion program.

19 years old - not a juvenile. White boy would have done 20 years for this. But black privilege and affirmative action and reverse racism means that Cam skates with no penalty at all.!!!!
How about Peyton Manning ' s sexual harassment case?

Right off hand, I would say that it isn't being discussed because it is irrelevant to the Super Bowl.

I am curious about the outlandish claim that white boys would be in jail for 20 years for the same offense? Which white boys are you talking about -- real ones or only those in your imagination?

I can't imagine ANYBODY receiving 20 years for a first offense of that nature, much less a star athlete.

Without looking? What was he doing at FLA? I thought he went to AUB? Why do I post on this?

He was Tim Tebows backup at Florida. Got booted after this incident. Transfered to Blinn JUCO then to Auburn.

I give him a pass on this. College athletes do dumb shit while in college. I was one. If we got caught doing all the dumb shit we did....oh boy. Cam did something stupid as a teenage college athlete. Paid a big price. Hasn't been in trouble since. He's a good citizen in my book.

• Banned
I am curious about the outlandish claim that white boys would be in jail for 20 years for the same offense? Which white boys are you talking about -- real ones or only those in your imagination?

I can't imagine ANYBODY receiving 20 years for a first offense of that nature, much less a star athlete.

Well then you're an idiot. Affirmative action is everywhere - esp in our legal system. Remember last year when that BLACK judge in ferguson voided all outstanding arrest warrants in the city???

• Banned
I give him a pass on this. College athletes do dumb shit while in college. I was one. If we got caught doing all the dumb shit we did....oh boy. Cam did something stupid as a teenage college athlete. Paid a big price. Hasn't been in trouble since. He's a good citizen in my book.

Sure you support him - tar-abies always support tar-babies. If he was white and he got coddled like this, you'd howl about "white privilege".

Because nobody cares

Forum List

Back