Saw a new doctor on my BACK- I am F-------- ed

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
On Monday- I saw a new orthopedic Doc. HE was Extremely smart and cool guy.
HE broke every one of my disk levels into extreme details

I knew it was bad but NEVER could imagine it was this BAD.

The information was so overwhelming that I went outside after and GRIEVED for 30 minutes or so. We are talking like Colorado RIVER s

He said the fact that I can WALK around and move with little pain based on my MRI is amazing
:(:(

We are going to try regeneration methods that cost $$$$$$

I thought my pain was only 1 level.
WELL.I WAS SUPER WRONG.. it may be coming from 2-3 levels !!!

I am going to see a surgeon and talk about lumbar arfitical disk replacment first.
opinions are dwindling

The information was so overwhelming that I went outside after and GRIEVED for 30 minutes or so. We are talking like Colorado RIVER s

He said the fact that I can WALK around and move with little pain based on my MRI is amazing

Get the good drugs, dude! :cool:

Steroid shots. But they limit those too.

WE tried and nothign.

ITS too bad

Do you think I did this to myself with non stop days of tennis serves and martial art kicks

I feel like I accidently destroyed myself and its RIPING me APART

I am already contemplating increasing my mental illness drugs to deal with this.

Sports was my life from early 2000s to last year.

I know a lot of athletes who regret their gung ho regimes later on, especially joggers and weight lifters. Football players from earlier generations reach their 50's with enlarged hearts and orthopedic issues from teenage injuries that take a while to become big problems later.

I thought my pain was only 1 level.
WELL.I WAS SUPER WRONG.. it may be coming from 2-3 levels !!!

I am going to see a surgeon and talk about lumbar arfitical disk replacment first.
opinions are dwindling
Disk replacement at multiple levels is going to be VERY expensive but they have a better track record of not failing or causing other levels to fail as a result of simply using fusion hardware. They also give better flexibility than a fusion. The last I heard of them though, few insurances will cover them. Unless things have changed a lot in the last 10 years or so, insurance companies will balk, saying a fusion is sufficient. Good luck with it!

Disk replacement at multiple levels is going to be VERY expensive but they have a better track record of not failing or causing other levels to fail as a result of simply using fusion hardware. They also give better flexibility than a fusion. The last I heard of them though, few insurances will cover them. Unless things have changed a lot in the last 10 years or so, insurance companies will balk, saying a fusion is sufficient. Good luck with it!

I know a few people who got the fusion surgery; none of them ended up happy with the results.

Good luck.

I know a few people who got the fusion surgery; none of them ended up happy with the results.

They did the fusion on my lower back.
It really sucked at first but it's slowly getting better.
The hip is my biggest issue right now,and since the nerves got damaged after a couple of dislocations I'm not sure anything can be done about it.

I spent my childhood reading ..

... I will outlive you all.

il_570xN.1314917477_smol.jpg

How does an artificial disk stay in place??

What is the cost per 1 level ??

Don't feel lonely about it. I will probably be in a wheel chair in the next year or so. But I'd rather get a mobility scooter thingy. Unfortunately, they cost bucks. Found some on Amazon for around 800 bucks but who the hell has that kind of money nowadays? Certainly not I. It's going to suck, but..I see it coming, as does my neurologist who is also surprised I can still walk, although it hurts like hell if I walk too far. Degenerative spine...and only a matter of time. There. I made a rhyme out of it.

You have a competent, smart doctor you respect. We in Canada don't have access to such competence in general so you must use him ro your advantage and heed his advice. Notice the timing of this post at 3:30 am,.a severe headache behind my eye wakes me up yet again and here I am (the shill Donald.H wlll say I make it up). This is the end result of poor, unconcerned healthcare. You have a gift, take advantage of it please, bounce every idea off of him and find the best way forward. The body is an amazing, dynamic structure and former athletes have it better honed for efficiency. You still have hope.

Forum List

Back