Saving American Companies

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
Use your imagination for once.

I have been working on a website about The United Republic of North America.

If that country became a reality... and it bought American manufacturing companies..

Ford, GM, Chrysler and all of their sub companies, and revived the defunct ones as well.
Bought John deere, and put it back under GM, and Bought New Holland and put it back under ford.

Bought Navistar, and Paccar...

Bought GE, Westinghouse, Caterpillar, Clark and Crown...

Revived RCA, and Bought Singer, and Royal...

Bought Coca Cola, and Pepsi, and its sub companies and brands...

And this country, had a National Healthcare plan whereby the workers don't have to rely on working there in order to get healthcare, and we had a Living wage policy, and the rich paid their fair share....

And these companies were not allowed to use robots and can only use human labor and hire workers, and are NOT allowed go to foreign countries for cheap labor... but could (only with government permission) use parts ONLY from first world countries, such as Britain, France and Germany, and Switzerland, and Italy and Japan and the like... countries that also pay their workers, so that there is no unfair discounts, and it is also high quality.

And all products must be quality inspected, by inspectors that the companies are NOT allowed to buy off.

And we had a policy that residents of our country cannot buy imports... if this country makes it, you must buy it, our money stays here.

What is the likelihood that we could save these companies, and bring these companies back to full health in the world market ?

The obvious problem with your plan is that our rich old men (aka our lovely government) won't give up their control willingly. Otherwise, that's the smartest thing I have seen all week. (That would be a better compliment if it wasn't Monday at the time of writing, huh?)

Use your imagination for once.

I have been working on a website about The United Republic of North America.

If that country became a reality... and it bought American manufacturing companies..

Ford, GM, Chrysler and all of their sub companies, and revived the defunct ones as well.
Bought John deere, and put it back under GM, and Bought New Holland and put it back under ford.

Bought Navistar, and Paccar...

Bought GE, Westinghouse, Caterpillar, Clark and Crown...

Revived RCA, and Bought Singer, and Royal...

Bought Coca Cola, and Pepsi, and its sub companies and brands...

And this country, had a National Healthcare plan whereby the workers don't have to rely on working there in order to get healthcare, and we had a Living wage policy, and the rich paid their fair share....

And these companies were not allowed to use robots and can only use human labor and hire workers, and are NOT allowed go to foreign countries for cheap labor... but could (only with government permission) use parts ONLY from first world countries, such as Britain, France and Germany, and Switzerland, and Italy and Japan and the like... countries that also pay their workers, so that there is no unfair discounts, and it is also high quality.

And all products must be quality inspected, by inspectors that the companies are NOT allowed to buy off.

And we had a policy that residents of our country cannot buy imports... if this country makes it, you must buy it, our money stays here.

What is the likelihood that we could save these companies, and bring these companies back to full health in the world market ?

And we had a policy that residents of our country cannot buy imports...

You said we could buy parts.

What is the likelihood that we could save these companies, and bring these companies back to full health in the world market?

If we don't import, why would other countries buy our exports?
What would they use to pay for them?

• Banned
That's their problem, being as the primary basis for an economy, is domestic purchases in the first place.
And there is a difference between buying parts from the UK and France, and buying them from Russia and china and iran.

There is also a difference between freely, and with government permission, so that junk is prevented.

And it isn't a total ban on imports, you can buy an import, if the country doesn't make the product.

Like if the country doesn't make tires, you can buy imported tires, etc etc.

Its also a false premise, that buying imports, opens doors to foreign markets.
On average, only 1 ford per year is sold in Japan, whereas enough Toyotas are sold in the USA to downsize, or threaten ford.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="BlueJay28, post: 10355271, ... and the rich paid their fair share....[/QUOTE]
Define rich.
Are the poor and middle class expected to "pay their fair share"?

• Banned
[QUOTE="BlueJay28, post: 10355271, ... and the rich paid their fair share....
Define rich.
Are the poor and middle class expected to "pay their fair share"?[/QUOTE]

Rich = Having 10 times, or greater, more money than you need in order to support yourself on the country's median income, those are generally millionaires and billionaires, they don't need to go to work, ever again, they can just quit, and never have financial problems.

Rich can also be middle class, if they have the power to do so, without ever having to answer to anybody who can fire them from their jobs, that their income also comes with independent self power.

If by middle class, you mean the classical definition of "Having basically everything that the rich own, just less of it, at a lower cost".... as in your house is gigantic and flooded with more than you ever use... then yes you owe your fair share.

Those who are in poverty, are the owed... not the ower.

And yes, the less you make, the less percentage you owe.

Welcome to the first world, where we have legal definitions of what is rich, middle and poor.

Last edited:
If by middle class, you mean the classical definition of "Having basically everything that the rich own, just less of it, at a lower cost".... as in your house is gigantic and flooded with more than you ever use... then yes you owe your fair share.

You didn't define "rich" (that was my question). And I suspect you never will in this thread.
Why is a person who is in poverty "owed"? That seems like an odd term to use. Owed by whom and why?

• Banned

You didn't define "rich" (that was my question). And I suspect you never will in this thread.
Why is a person who is in poverty "owed"? That seems like an odd term to use. Owed by whom and why?

just did, I revised my reply.

The poor are owed, by those who have, that's who the poor are owed by.

And they are owed, because our government said so, that's why.

And what are the poor owed ?

The poor are owed tax paid funds that meets the living wage, with 10 % extra beyond that so that they have a greater chance of self improvement.

The poor are also owed safe, clean and modern housing, public transportation, and food and energy subsidy.

The poor are also owed access to a social worker, and life skills education programs, to help solve both the consequences of being poor, and possibly the reason for their poverty.

The Disabled are owed effective and proven rehabilitation methods that have a track record for working.

Everybody period, regardless of economics is owed the right to healthcare and a public Education.

Because we will not allow our low wage earners, and no wage earners and disabled people... to be homeless.

This isn't the United States of Koch, this is the United Republic.
:)

Last edited:
Rich = Having 10 times, or greater, more money than you need in order to support yourself on the country's median income, those are generally millionaires and billionaires, they don't need to go to work, ever again, they can just quit, and never have financial problems.
2013 household median income is $52,250 US Household Income Department of Numbers 10 times that is not millionaire, whether it is income or net worth. You seem either confuse or misinformed. Oh, and that is household income, not individual income.

Rich can also be middle class, if they have the power to do so, without ever having to answer to anybody who can fire them from their jobs, that their income also comes with independent self power.

Welcome to the first world, where we have legal definitions of what is rich, middle and poor.
I don't see a legal definition, I see your definition of rich, middle class and poor. Your definition is lacking legality and fact but full of personal opinion.

Last edited:
My personal opinion is the law, in a new country created by me, its also agreed with by most of the western world.

The poor are owed, by those who have, that's who the poor are owed by.

And they are owed, because our government said so, that's why.
Because we will not allow our low wage earners, and no wage earners and disabled people... to be homeless.

This isn't the United States of Koch, this is the United Republic.
The poor aren't owed by me or anybody else.
Crockett on the Power to Make Charitable Donations
Feel free to give to the charity of your choice (as I do), but don't feel free to force me to give to the charity of your choice.

well our government says they are owed, so they are owed.

Pay or go to prison, and if you chose prison, it will be prison... and you wont come home to wealth.

Everything you own, will be auctioned and the funds will be 100 % taxes.

Pay or go to prison, and if you chose prison, it will be prison... and you wont come home to wealth.

All this from an Arkansas hill billy who most likely doesn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. Your dream country already exist, why don't you just move there, it's called N. Korea.

So says the Texan who comes from a state that pledges allegiance to the flag of the state of Texas... who flys the state flag at the same height as the national one.
Who has NO gun legislation whatsoever beyond the laws against assault and murder.
Who allows people to kill people because they *felt* threatened, and not necessarily were in danger for their lives.

Who allows people to kill people, because he walked across his front yard.

Who executed somebody, on any given day of the week.

Who wears 10 gallon hats, as a symbol of a Good old boy social system that creates despair for people from out of state, "Yankees" and foreigners, and political dissenters.

Who has absolute capitalism, as much as what the federal government allows..

Nice one, hillbilly.

What makes you think the wealthy would stick around to support your idea of a nation?

I mean your nation would need them ... And they don't necessarily need you. I am absolutely positive some countries out there would do whatever they could to lure in the wealthy you would like to run out the door with oppressive taxation, lack of choice and forced compliance.

all nations need everybody, and the rich's role.. is to pay the taxes.
And the rich business need the middle class and the poor to work there, because we don't allow job outsourcing, or robots.

So says the Texan who comes from a state that pledges allegiance to the flag of the state of Texas... who flys the state flag at the same height as the national one.
Who has NO gun legislation whatsoever beyond the laws against assault and murder.
Who allows people to kill people because they *felt* threatened, and not necessarily were in danger for their lives.

Who wears 10 gallon hats, as a symbol of a Good old boy social system that creates despair for people from out of state, "Yankees" and foreigners, and political dissenters.

Nice one, hillbilly.

Is Texas in your new nation?

Nice one, hillbilly.

Is Texas in your new nation?

Texas is OKTexas's nation of greed and execution.

Forum List

Back