Saul Alinsky, the great Community Organizer

In case you're wondering the quote I posted from Alinsky is the dedication in his book, "Rules for Radicals". The man was a Satanist, but, it's all good.

Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins -- or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom -- Lucifer.

-- Saul Alinsky

Saul Alinsky Dedicated His Book To Satan | Sweetness & Light

Do you think this has any other explanation other than an atheist somehow being a Satanist? Could it be an overriding hatred of arbitrary undemocratic authority?

In case you're wondering the quote I posted from Alinsky is the dedication in his book, "Rules for Radicals". The man was a Satanist, but, it's all good.

Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins -- or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom -- Lucifer.

-- Saul Alinsky

Do you think this has any other explanation other than an atheist somehow being a Satanist? Could it be an overriding hatred of arbitrary undemocratic authority?

So dedicating a book to Lucifer is Atheist?? Seriously did you just type that?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So he's being demonized for pointing out that:

1) He dedicated his book to the devil (Which is true).
2) And he came up with his tactics by studying the Mob (Which is also true).

That doesn't at all make you want to think twice about his book? Is telling the truth about him somehow unfair?

So dedicating a book to Lucifer is Atheist?? Seriously did you just type that?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I just typed that, I guess conservatives really are intellectually lazy.

So he's being demonized for pointing out that:

1) He dedicated his book to the devil (Which is true).
2) And he came up with his tactics by studying the Mob (Which is also true).

That doesn't at all make you want to think twice about his book? Is telling the truth about him somehow unfair?

He's being demonized because he created a roadmap to allow populist movements to successfully challenge the arbitrary powers that rule our lives without being accountable for their actions. You clearly have a low opinion of populism, really tell the truth and say that you want the rabble to keep their place and not make waves for the people who cheat and exploit them.

any one who helps minorities and poor is evil man by the conservatives hanbbook.

The consensus is if you promise them everything will be provided, they will follow you off the cliff. Making people dependent on the government for generations isn't helping anyone, it's only ensuring they will continue to vote for you.

Why do you think he dedicated his book to Lucifer??

any one who helps minorities and poor is evil man by the conservatives hanbbook.

The consensus is if you promise them everything will be provided, they will follow you off the cliff. Making people dependent on the government for generations isn't helping anyone, it's only ensuring they will continue to vote for you.

Why do you think he dedicated his book to Lucifer??

It's clearly for no other reason than to be provocative and controversial, you know, an agitator.

Helping people make it on their own, reaching out to them, showing them how to support themselves is too old school. It's much easier to keep them on the dole, don't want anyone thinking for themselves especially when there is an agitator in the House. Don't want to jeopardize that vote.

I guess he personally told you that dedication was meant to be provocative and controversial, huh.

Helping people make it on their own, reaching out to them, showing them how to support themselves is too old school. It's much easier to keep them on the dole, don't want anyone thinking for themselves especially when there is an agitator in the House. Don't want to jeopardize that vote.

I guess he personally told you that dedication was meant to be provocative and controversial, huh.

No but I am not a reactionary looking to read nefarious schemes into even the most clearly written statement.

It's sarcasm and irony.

It's a hard thing to understand.

It's sarcasm and irony.

It's a hard thing to understand.

Sure it was............here are some excerpts from an interview with Playboy Magazine in 1972
<snip>
PLAYBOY: Didn't you have any moral qualms about ripping off the cafeterias?

ALINSKY: Oh, sure, I suffered all the agonies of the damned-sleepless nights, desperate 'soul-searching, a tormented conscience that riddled me with guilt -- Are you kidding? I wouldn't have justified, say, conning free gin from a liquor store just so I could have a martini before dinner, but when you're hungry, anything goes -- There's a priority of rights, and the right to eat takes precedence over the right to make a profit -- And just in case you're getting any ideas, let me remind you that the statute of limitations has run out.

He eventually went into criminology, which he studfied by hanging out with Al Capone's mob. He was an insider observing them. Again, not real savory, but he felt it had value to his education:

PLAYBOY: Didn't you have any compunction about consorting with -- if not actually assisting -- murderers?

ALINSKY: None at all, since there was nothing I could do to stop them from murdering, practically all of which was done inside the family. I was a nonparticipating observer in their professional activities, although I joined their social life of food, drink and women: Boy, I sure participated in that side of things -- it was heaven. And let me tell you something, I learned a hell of a lot about the uses and abuses of power from the mob, lessons that stood me in good stead later on, when I was organizing.

While working alongside the mob can't be healthy, his later work for the state penal system appeared no better. Witnessing what was supposed to be rhabilitation and punishment was quite obviously neither, and dehumanized all involved.

<snip>
PLAYBOY: Having accepted your own mortality, do you believe in any kind of afterlife?

ALINSKY: Sometimes it seems to me that the question people should ask is not "Is there life after death?" but "Is there life after birth?" I don't know whether there's anything after this or not. I haven't seen the evidence one way or the other and I don't think anybody else has either. But I do know that man's obsession with the question comes out of his stubborn refusal to face up to his own mortality. Let's say that if there is an afterlife, and I have anything to say about it, I will unreservedly choose to go to hell.

PLAYBOY: Why?

ALINSKY: Hell would be heaven for me. All my life I've been with the have-nots. Over here, if you're a have-not, you're short of dough. If you're a have-not in hell, you're short of virtue. Once I get into hell, I'll start organizing the have-nots over there.

PLAYBOY: Why them?

ALINSKY: They're my kind of people.

Yea, it was all for show. The rest of the interview is here: Native Forest Council: News

Couldn't really care less about the man, also guilt by association is the height of intellectual laziness. Why don't you abandon the crappy character assassination and explain why you are so deadset against people taking collective action against the powers that be? Should the powerless just accept the fact of being powerless and quit complaining? Where would we be now if every oppressed people just took it?

Forum List

Back