Saudi youths overcome their fears, launch own businesses

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Good for these young college graduates. May they be successful in the businesses they are opening. They will probably do better than taking a government job.

Saudi youths overcome their fears, launch own businesses
JEDDAH: Many new young graduates are no longer relying on government jobs as the only path to career success, as many have overcome their fears and societal expectations to launch their own profitable businesses in various technical and creative fields.

Majed Al-Hazmi, owner of an electric and lighting supply store in Riyadh, said he always dreamed of opening his own store after graduating from the Department of Electricity at the Secondary Industrial Institute. “After graduating, I visited the Entrepreneurship Institute, where I received advice and guidance on my business plan. I attended a training course for a month, after which I began the launch of my businesses.”
“At first, I suffered from lack of knowledge and experience about prices and how to run my own store, as well as having only a few employees, but I quickly gained experience and began to travel outside the Kingdom to get supplies and equipment needed in the local market. I then entered in partnership with a relative and was able to tremendously expand my business to become a main competitor in the field,” he added.

Continue reading at:

Saudi youths overcome their fears launch own businesses Arab News

Forum List

Back