Saudi Arabia to execute 5 for Khashoggi murder

The five scapegoats were probably there and did the actual killing

But who told them Khashoggi would be there and when?
Who sent them on a private aircraft from Saudi Arabia to Turkey?
Who got them out of there after the killing
Who told the doctor to bring a bonesaw? Most Doctors don’t routinely carry them

A lot of questions there, but the one I have is "who cares"?

We have our own problems here in America where out of control persecutors threw Senior Citizen Paul Manafort, a non-violent first offender with health problems, into the Hole for a whole year.

That's a disgrace.

Maybe Saudi Arabia is wrong for dismembering people with chain saws- although our friends in Columbia have been doing that since the 1980's at least. But until we get our own affairs in order, that's we should be doing, is working on straightening up ourselves. Let's America great again.
Hint: move to a different thread

Saudi Arabia is a dictatorial, corrupt state. That's a shame, but it's hardly news. I'd like to see us try to keep them at arm's length but, at the same time, they do help to counter Iran. Unfortunately, we sometimes have to cooperate with some bad actors, just ask Barack.

obama_bow_1381505c.jpg

Saudi Arabia is a dictatorial, corrupt state.

Yes, but they are trying to straighten up and fly right. Allowing women the right to drive, as well as the right to wrestle professionally are things which would have been unthinkable not so terribly long ago. I would hope that further reforms are down the line.

Yes, but they are trying to straighten up and fly right. Allowing women the right to drive, as well as the right to wrestle professionally are things which would have been unthinkable not so terribly long ago. I would hope that further reforms are down the line.

Totalitarian rule seems to be a part of Muslim culture, that's why it's DUMB to bring them into western democracies and expect them to assimilate.

Actually they are getting worse
Look at the war with Yemen

Actually they are getting worse
Look at the war with Yemen

Actually, the war between Saudi Arabia and Yemen is just an extensive of the Kingdom's conflicts with Iran.

Yemen is being armed and funded by the mullahs and are a existential threat to the kingdom, being right on their border.

In case lefties lost their perspective due to anger and hatred let me remind them that it's all about oil. Barry Hussein's pipe dream of "weaning America off oil" was laughable and the current flock of democrat candidates are scary because they don't seem to understand world affairs and the need for fossil fuel. Do they really want to indict the heads of oil producing companies on a charge of pollution? The only reason Saudi Arabia has any influence in world affairs is their oil production. and the sooner the crazy left understands the value of oil production the sooner Saudi pirates will cease to be a factor.
US became an oil exporting country under the Great Obama

Only because the oil concerns fought him tooth and nail to continue to engage in blessed fracking.

This was actually an Obama failure, he didn't stop oil and gas exploration as he hoped.
The Great Obama had a comprehensive energy policy that weaned us from foreign oil

Stupid Donnie is afraid of windmills
so are birds....

In case lefties lost their perspective due to anger and hatred let me remind them that it's all about oil. Barry Hussein's pipe dream of "weaning America off oil" was laughable and the current flock of democrat candidates are scary because they don't seem to understand world affairs and the need for fossil fuel. Do they really want to indict the heads of oil producing companies on a charge of pollution? The only reason Saudi Arabia has any influence in world affairs is their oil production. and the sooner the crazy left understands the value of oil production the sooner Saudi pirates will cease to be a factor.

Only because the oil concerns fought him tooth and nail to continue to engage in blessed fracking.

This was actually an Obama failure, he didn't stop oil and gas exploration as he hoped.
The Great Obama had a comprehensive energy policy that weaned us from foreign oil

so are birds....
Don’t forget that windmills cause cancer and you can’t watch TV when there is no wind

so are birds....
Don’t forget that windmills cause cancer and you can’t watch TV when there is no wind
yea make fun of the dead birds....

so are birds....
yea make fun of the dead birds....
Taste like chicken

Saudi Arabia is one of America's most valuable and trusted allies. .. :cool:

Trusted is questionable. Valuable is true.

I just don't know what the alternative is.

Don't you think if the Saudis were removed, that a worse regime would pop up? You know, like Iran?

And if you have a militant Regime in Iran, and a militant regime in Arabia.... I see the sparks for WW3 on our hands. Do you see differently?

No high level Saudis will be punished

Jamal Khashoggi: Saudi Arabia sentences five to death over journalist's murder - CNN

Saudi Arabia has sentenced five people to death for the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, the kingdom's public prosecutor said Monday.

Khashoggi, a Saudi journalist and a Washington Post columnist, was critical of Saudi Arabia and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's policies. He was allegedly killedand dismembered on October 2, 2018, in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul by men with close ties to the highest levels of the Saudi government and bin Salman.
In a press conference reported by state media Monday, the prosecutor also said former royal court adviser Saud al-Qahtani was investigated but "no evidence" was found against him.

If the events were fully investigated, suspects were identified and the matter adjudicated, will liberals be happy now?

Probably not, even though no evidence was found against the others.

You can't find something you're not looking for.

Don't you think if the Saudis were removed, that a worse regime would pop up? You know, like Iran?
I have several Saudi friends that I've spent hours talking to them about their country.

First of all, they love their country and have no desire to live anywhere else or change the culture.

Secondly, they grip about their government, much like we do about ours, but I don't see them ever rising up to change it.

Finally, the reason the Saudi people people put up with the less than perfect royal ruling family. Is because the King is the custodian of the Kaaba in Mecca, and keeps the country's laws and culture based on Islam. ... :cool:

Last edited:
I have several Saudi friends that I've spent hours talking to them about their country.

First of all, they love their country and have no desire to live anywhere else or change the culture.

Secondly, they grip about their government, much like we do about ours, but I don't see them ever rising up to change it.

Finally, the reason the Saudi people people put up with the less than perfect royal ruling family. Is because the King is the custodian of the Kaaba in Mecca, and keeps the country's laws and culture based on Islam. ... :cool:

No country has a perfect ruler. Trump isn't perfect either, in fact America has never had a perfect president and never will.

I like the idea that the Saudi government is showing some flexibility. Allowing broads to drive in the kingdom is a great move, ditto with allowing women to wrestle professionally. The real problem that our liberal friends have with the current Saudi government is the fact that they are getting along well with President Trump. They don't want to see Trump have any successes, and would rather see the entire Middle East in flames instead.

Forum List

Back