Saudi Arabia to execute 5 for Khashoggi murder

Don't you think if the Saudis were removed, that a worse regime would pop up? You know, like Iran?
I have several Saudi friends that I've spent hours talking to them about their country.

First of all, they love their country and have no desire to live anywhere else or change the culture.

Secondly, they grip about their government, much like we do about ours, but I don't see them ever rising up to change it.

Finally, the reason the Saudi people people put up with the less than perfect royal ruling family. Is because the King is the custodian of the Kaaba in Mecca, and keeps the country's laws and culture based on Islam. ... :cool:

Yeah, that was my opinion as well. I wish they hadn't started attacking Yemen, though I understand the logic.

As flawed as they are, I don't see alternatives that are better. And the people at least seem relatively pleased with the royals.

I do have to wonder... how petty were they to kill that reporter. Ignore the guy. It reminds me a little of Trump, who always freaks out over every whiny reporter. Just ignore them.

Finally, the reason the Saudi people people put up with the less than perfect royal ruling family. Is because the King is the custodian of the Kaaba in Mecca, and keeps the country's laws and culture based on Islam. ... :cool:

I think this suggests another good point.

Saudi Arabia is an annual host to muslim people from around the globe every year as the nation's territory plays such an important role with them.

Instability in Saudi Arabia could lead to a lot of grief far outside their borders.

A nation of Trumps. What could go wrong?

Yea, we need more folks like Hillary, Joe and Barack so that they can rob us blind - again. They appreciate your support - sucker.

No high level Saudis will be punished

Jamal Khashoggi: Saudi Arabia sentences five to death over journalist's murder - CNN

Saudi Arabia has sentenced five people to death for the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, the kingdom's public prosecutor said Monday.

Khashoggi, a Saudi journalist and a Washington Post columnist, was critical of Saudi Arabia and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's policies. He was allegedly killedand dismembered on October 2, 2018, in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul by men with close ties to the highest levels of the Saudi government and bin Salman.
In a press conference reported by state media Monday, the prosecutor also said former royal court adviser Saud al-Qahtani was investigated but "no evidence" was found against him.
Must suck to be a Saudi working for the prince. Talk about taking a bullet for your leader! Sheesh!

I do have to wonder... how petty were they to kill that reporter. Ignore the guy.
There is an old adage, "Don't slap the King".

Khashoggi was a Saudi citizen who was dumb enough to verbally slap the King, and paid for it with his life.

Personally, I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. .. :cool:

While I do actually feel sorry for him, and I think murdering people generally is bad......

I actually understand your position on that. People in western culture specifically don't seem to understand respect for authority. I was pleased when a number of Christian pastors, told the people in their churches, that they can dislike President Obama all they want, but they need to be polite and respectful while they disagree with his actions.

Exodus 22:28 says "You shall not curse God, nor curse a ruler of your people." Khashoggi obviously failed. So again, I understand where you are coming from... I still don't think murder is the solution. Certainly they could have found another way.

The fix is already in
The five will not be executed

They made sure to conclude it was not a premeditated murder. In Saudi Arabia, if it is not premeditated, you can buy your way out with blood money if the family agrees

The fix is already in

They made sure to conclude it was not a premeditated murder. In Saudi Arabia, if it is not premeditated, you can buy your way out with blood money if the family agrees

At least the matter is resolved and everyone is satisfied.

Except for the libs- who want to see US-Saudi relations deteriorate so President Trump is seen as a "failure"

The fix is already in

Except for the libs- who want to see US-Saudi relations deteriorate so President Trump is seen as a "failure"
Saudi seems to think so
OK, justice is done, now business as usual

But you can’t unring a bell

While western governments may soften on the Saudi regime, the people in the west no longer look favorably

The fix is already in

Saudi seems to think so

While western governments may soften on the Saudi regime, the people in the west no longer look favorably

I disagree. I don't think anyone is surprised or shocked, or thinks any less of the Saudi royal family now than they did before. Their ways are not our ways, reasonable people recognize that.

In fact, if B. Hussein O were still ruling America, none of this would even make the news. The purpose of this entire story is to stink up US-Saudi relations to try and make it more difficult for President Donald J. Trump.

The fix is already in

Saudi seems to think so

I disagree. I don't think anyone is surprised or shocked, or thinks any less of the Saudi royal family now than they did before. Their ways are not our ways, reasonable people recognize that.

In fact, if B. Hussein O were still ruling America, none of this would even make the news. The purpose of this entire story is to stink up US-Saudi relations to try and make it more difficult for President Donald J. Trump.
Used to be the Saudis were the Arabs we wanted on our side

Now, we are not so sure

Jamal Khashoggi: Saudi Arabia sentences five to death over journalist's murder - CNN

Saudi Arabia has sentenced five people to death for the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, the kingdom's public prosecutor said Monday.

Khashoggi, a Saudi journalist and a Washington Post columnist, was critical of Saudi Arabia and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's policies. He was allegedly killedand dismembered on October 2, 2018, in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul by men with close ties to the highest levels of the Saudi government and bin Salman.
In a press conference reported by state media Monday, the prosecutor also said former royal court adviser Saud al-Qahtani was investigated but "no evidence" was found against him.
We allied with the most murderous government of the 20th Century during WWII in order to defeat the Nazis

You dont have to love to Saudi’s

Just understand that we need them on our side

The fix is already in

Saudi seems to think so

Now, we are not so sure

I'm sure that if Sleepy Joe or one of the other Democrats get in, suddenly the Saudis will be our BFF's again and Biden will be groveling before the feet of Moe Salman.

The fix is already in

Saudi seems to think so

Now, we are not so sure

I'm sure that if Sleepy Joe or one of the other Democrats get in, suddenly the Saudis will be our BFF's again and Biden will be groveling before the feet of Moe Salman.
You may be giving liberal/progressives more credit than they deserve

Remember they love iran and hate Israel

We allied with the most murderous government of the 20th Century during WWII in order to defeat the Nazis

Not as much as when we needed their oil

The world still needs their oil

And we need the world along with a stable oil market

Actually, Trump's America doesn't need their oil. With all of our fracking, and off shore drilling and pipelines in the ANWR, we have more oil than we need. America is now the Saudi Arabia of oil.

Actually, Trump's America doesn't need their oil. With all of our fracking, and off shore drilling and pipelines in the ANWR, we have more oil than we need. America is now the Saudi Arabia of oil.
I know that thanks to the private oil companies America is producing enough oil to meet all our needs

But our friends and allies need oil also and its in our best interests to have a stable world oil supply and economy

Forum List

Back