Sarah Palin resigning as Governor of Alaska

She still draws a large crowd and she can raise loads of money. My guess she will do this for the GOP. We will see.

I do not think this has anything to do with her interest in running as Senate, or President! She has had enough of the BS and I don't blame her one bit.

It isn't really BS, with her it's just one drama after another..

I don't think the Republican leadership wants her to run this time. She did keep rambling about something or other being the best thing for the team.
McCain dissed her last week, but still that shouldn't have affected her job as Gov. Very unusual for a governor to step down mid-term. :eusa_eh:

they do it here all the time. 3 of the last 5 left early, i think. if she wasn't going to run for reelection, it gives the lt gov a chance to generate some momentum going into the election year.

i was sure it was that flag thread that brought her down, btw. ;)

The media will eat you up and destroy you if you don't know how to handle them. She had no clue what she was in for. But the problem isn't what the media did to her... it's that she had no idea what she was doing, had no knowledge of events and no understanding of them.

nope,, it was pure destruction from the left.. she has done nothing but defend herself since the election.. you guys are assholes pure and simple.. I hope you enjoy your victory.. it will come back to haunt your ass some day. I believe in Karma!

Ah, how the sweet is the bitterness of con idiots. Especially the ones who are so deep in denial...:muahaha:

This might actually be a setback for the Dems, though, because Gov. Mooseburgers would have been sure loss for the GOP in 2012. OOh well....

It's your legacy,, wear it proud.. I mock you!

Having given this some thought, I find that Gov. Palin managed to pull off a first strike against the State Run media.

It is very likely that she and her advisers ran the numbers and came to the conclusion that the media was going to do anything they could to ensure that she would lose the re-election bid for Governor. Since the media has set their resources on doing everything in their immense power to ruin her, she also managed to give the GOP a good chance of holding the seat. This can be deduced from her remark about being a "Lame Duck". For that is certainly what she would be while under attack and possibly after she lost the re-election.

By placing the incumbent Lt. Governor in the position of having the 'high ground' she gave the GOP a better then even chance of retaining that seat.

As for her political aspirations after she resigns, that she managed to keep to herself. Good for her.

I will only say this. Only a fool will underestimate what she will do next.
Makes sense...party before country, or in this case state, has long been the GOP way.

Bingo.

All bullshit aside, the fact is she has abandonned the people who elected her, her state. She has forsaken her duties and her oath. It's the stuff deserters are made of.

and most people will understand and agree with her decision. you leftist asshole should be proud of yourselves.. Karma baby Karma!

i doubt she is going for the GOP nomination, at this point
and if she tried, this will be a negative for her

what chances would she have had against obama in the first place?
after a few more years of the mess he's making?
LOL almost anyone could beat him
kinda like carter

and dont forget, she can actually speak without a teleprompter
:D

Too bad, she's the biggest AIR head to ever run for VP...

Having given this some thought, I find that Gov. Palin managed to pull off a first strike against the State Run media.

It is very likely that she and her advisers ran the numbers and came to the conclusion that the media was going to do anything they could to ensure that she would lose the re-election bid for Governor. Since the media has set their resources on doing everything in their immense power to ruin her, she also managed to give the GOP a good chance of holding the seat. This can be deduced from her remark about being a "Lame Duck". For that is certainly what she would be while under attack and possibly after she lost the re-election.

By placing the incumbent Lt. Governor in the position of having the 'high ground' she gave the GOP a better then even chance of retaining that seat.

As for her political aspirations after she resigns, that she managed to keep to herself. Good for her.

I will only say this. Only a fool will underestimate what she will do next.
Makes sense...party before country, or in this case state, has long been the GOP way.

Bingo.

All bullshit aside, the fact is she has abandonned the people who elected her, her state. She has forsaken her duties and her oath. It's the stuff deserters are made of.

yeah, it's almost as bad as being elected to the senate and then spending all your time running for the presidency.
:eusa_whistle:

seems palin doesnt honor her promises to the people of alaska...why would she do any better to the people of the united states...omg she is a total idiot..full court press....keeping her eye on the ball....right...

Bingo.

and most people will understand and agree with her decision. you leftist asshole should be proud of yourselves.. Karma baby Karma!

Sure. She was a poor little fragile woman who could not bear the weight of higher office.

I'd like to buy her for what's she's worth and sell her for what she thinks she's worth.

Bingo.

yeah, it's almost as bad as being elected to the senate and then spending all your time running for the presidency.
:eusa_whistle:

No. It's just called quitting.

seems palin doesnt honor her promises to the people of alaska...why would she do any better to the people of the united states...omg she is a total idiot..full court press....keeping her eye on the ball....right...

which part of 15 frivolous charges of ethics violations (all of which she won) and one half a million dollars and all of her time and energy don't you leftist assholes understand????? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Bingo.

Sure. She was a poor little fragile woman who could not bear the weight of higher office.

I'd like to buy her for what's she's worth and sell her for what she thinks she's worth.

again, your chosen asshole cannot stand up and face Fox News! Loser. :lol::lol:

Palin understands this choice and she knows exactly what she is doing. To listen to the liberals quack is rather funny. This woman is going to be heard and she is going to be a force politically either in office or out of office in this nation.

Frankly this move should scare the hell out of all liberals.

She knew the rules of politics when she signed up to run. Criticism comes with the territory, and that is why it takes a liar and a dishonest person to maintain an elected office in our country. God knows, GW Bush took the criticism and did not resign his office before it was finished. She is a weak one, and one whom I did not see helping the McCain campaign because she was weak and too "country." She doesn't stand a chance of getting the nomination from the GOP to run for POTUS. She most likely knows that. Her political career is over.

That should make a lot of people very happy.

they'll cream in their drawers!

Nawhh....they'l just look around for their next victim....as soon as they're sure they have a stake in her heart!

I'm finding these comments absolutely hilarious. Such short memories you folks have. You can't remember the beating Hillary took by the right-wing (an entire book about her), the disgusting websites created like "Get the Bitch" (or something similar). Then, once Obama won the nomination, every inbox for every right-winger in the country was filled daily with invented or embellished CRAP.

It works both ways, remember? Politics these days are bloodier than dog fights. So yes, maybe that IS why she doesn't want any more of it. If so, good for her.

She knew the rules of politics when she signed up to run. Criticism comes with the territory, and that is why it takes a liar and a dishonest person to maintain an elected office in our country. God knows, GW Bush took the criticism and did not resign his office before it was finished. She is a weak one, and one whom I did not see helping the McCain campaign because she was weak and too "country." She doesn't stand a chance of getting the nomination from the GOP to run for POTUS. She most likely knows that. Her political career is over.

weak? or poor? she has 5 children and half a million dollars in defense fees! don't be DUmb.

Forum List

Back