Sarah Palin is scaring the bejeesus out of Floridians

whose lies (and you haven't convinced anybody) aren't nearly on the scale of Obamalama's so yes, I will vote for her in a heartbeat.

After she is recommended for indictment in October, she may not be on the ticket.

Although I hope she is.

So Allie, you don't have a source to say that they aren't being hurt?

Provide a respectable source that verifies that.
Not Gore's crap, either. A reputable scientific study which proves that man-made global warming is threatenig the polar bears.

Of course you won't find it, because it DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST. But knock yourself out.
The source is the emails from the scientists Palin hired. It is not a left wing thing, it is the resultrs she paid for.

an Oct. 9 e-mail from Robert Small, head of the marine mammals program for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.

Small named two other marine mammal biologists on staff and said the three of them had reviewed the nine new polar bear studies that the federal government was citing to justify a threatened-species listing for the bears.

"Overall, we believe that the methods and analytical approaches used to examine the currently available information supports the primary conclusions and inferences stated in these 9 reports," Small wrote.

...the emails from the scientists Palin hired. She did not hire Gore. She then stated that the scientists (that she hired) said no ill effects (which is opposite what they said.).

E-mail reveals state dispute over polar bear listing: Polar Bear News | adn.com

Last edited:
read within the bracets... oh...........wait.............truth...........is not important

You're so cute. :)

You said that her lies were not as bad as Obama's.

That is progress. You are willing to entertain the idea that she lies. I am content. :)

Your brackets said you weren't convinced. But that means you were listening. :) It also sounded distinctly like you were willing to consider that she lies.

(Which she does. <wicked grin>)

So, the polar bear population is currently increasing and has been for the last 50 years but they are more endangered now then they were 5 years ago when there were less of them. Now I understand...It's clear as mud.

Yet despite the Canadian government 's $150-million commitment last week to fund 44 International Polar Year research projects, a key question is not up for detailed scientific assessment: If the polar bear is the 650-kilogram canary in the climate change coal mine, why are its numbers INCREASING?

The latest government survey of polar bears roaming the vast Arctic expanses of northern Quebec, Labrador and southern Baffin Island show the population of polar bears has jumped to 2,100 animals from around 800 in the mid-1980s.

As recently as three years ago, a less official count placed the number at 1,400.

The Inuit have always insisted the bears' demise was greatly exaggerated by scientists doing projections based on fly-over counts, but their input was usually dismissed as the ramblings of self-interested hunters.

As Nunavut government biologist Mitch Taylor observed in a front-page story in the Nunatsiaq News last month, "the Inuit were right. There aren't just a few more bears. There are a hell of a lot more bears."

Their widely portrayed lurch toward extinction on a steadily melting ice cap is not supported by bear counts in other Arctic regions either.

Link

So Allie, you don't have a source to say that they aren't being hurt?

The source is the emails from the scientists Palin hired. It is not a left wing thing, it is the resultrs she paid for.

...the emails from the scientists Palin hired. She did not hire Gore. She then stated that the scientists (that she hired) said no ill effects (which is opposite what they said.).

E-mail reveals state dispute over polar bear listing: Polar Bear News | adn.com

Ok, I read it. They came to no conclusion. They can't say that global warming is causing a problem. They can't say anything at all, and they don't say anything.

Do you guys ever just read what is written, listen to what is said, and go with that...instead of making up pretend scenarios of what must REALLY be going on and running with those? And what the hell is the sudden interest of greenie yahoos who live in condos in NYC, San Fran and Chicago, in polar bears...which for reasons which have absolutely nothing to do with global warming, are a dying species anyway?

So, the polar bear population is currently increasing and has been for the last 50 years but they are more endangered now then they were 5 years ago when there were less of them. Now I understand...It's clear as mud.

Link

My primary issue isn't with whether the bear population is going up or down, it is with whether Palin honestly represented the findings of the scientific study she asked for.

She didn't.

She lied, and she blocked transparency.

We aren't electing the bears after all, we are potentially electing Palin. What sorts of guiding principles does she follow? THis case shows that she ignores science when it doesn't conform to her views, that she lies and blocks transparency to further her own agenda.

If she can do this on the bear issue, she can do it on any issue. Iran, Russia, the economy, whatever!

Your brackets said you weren't convinced. But that means you were listening. :) It also sounded distinctly like you were willing to consider that she lies.

(Which she does. <wicked grin>)

what it says, since you don't pay attention is, even though you say over and over and over and over and over and over again that she lies, you haven't convinced anybody..... hope that helps,, When was Obama born? When did Selma happen... :lol:

Ok, I read it. They came to no conclusion. They can't say that global warming is causing a problem. They can't say anything at all, and they don't say anything.

Do you guys ever just read what is written, listen to what is said, and go with that...instead of making up pretend scenarios of what must REALLY be going on and running with those? And what the hell is the sudden interest of greenie yahoos who live in condos in NYC, San Fran and Chicago, in polar bears...which for reasons which have absolutely nothing to do with global warming, are a dying species anyway?

I am the only person that I know talking about this so stop saying it is a left issue, or people in condos, or whatever. I live in Reagan country. The hunters I know are as concerned about the environment as I am, because that's their sport.

But anyway, can you elaboprate on what you mean when you say they didn't find anything?

Thank you btw for reading the article ait is appreciated.

what it says, since you don't pay attention is, even though you say over and over and over and over and over and over again that she lies, you haven't convinced anybody..... hope that helps,, When was Obama born? When did Selma happen... :lol:

What do I say over and over again, that she lies?

(Couldn't resist :lol:)

Link

Facts mean nothing to the yahoos. It's all about what they FEEL and what they imagine peole are really thinking, and what COULD happen, if anything they wished was happening (man made global warming, destruction of the environment, end of the world) really happened.

They want the polar bears dead, because that will prove that man is a parasite on the earth. And they will use any ridiculous tool, no matter how blunt or inadequate for the job, to smear Palin, because she's a woman, she's conservative, and horror of horrors, an unapologetic CHRISTIAN. You know that Christians deserve to die, and short of that, they must be neutralized using whatever weapons are at hand.

I am the only person that I know talking about this so stop saying it is a left issue, or people in condos, or whatever. I live in Reagan country. The hunters I know are as concerned about the environment as I am, because that's their sport.

But anyway, can you elaboprate on what you mean when you say they didn't find anything?

Thank you btw for reading the article ait is appreciated.

I read nothing that put the lie to Palin's comments. It seems they can't decide. I don't see that as evidence that Palin is lying. Polar bear populations have been increasing. Where's the problem?

Oh, that's right. There isn't one. It's pie in the sky.

After she is recommended for indictment in October, she may not be on the ticket.

Although I hope she is.

Obama will be going down long before Governor Palin.

Violating the Logan Act
Fannie Mae Fraud.
Folks connected to his campaign manager hacking into a Governor's Email account, which is a federal crime.

I'm sure he has plenty more of these nifty crooked acts locked away in his closet ready to be released in say....October.

Facts mean nothing to the yahoos. It's all about what they FEEL and what they imagine peole are really thinking, and what COULD happen, if anything they wished was happening (man made global warming, destruction of the environment, end of the world) really happened.

They want the polar bears dead, because that will prove that man is a parasite on the earth. And they will use any ridiculous tool, no matter how blunt or inadequate for the job, to smear Palin, because she's a woman, she's conservative, and horror of horrors, an unapologetic CHRISTIAN. You know that Christians deserve to die, and short of that, they must be neutralized using whatever weapons are at hand.

Umm, I have said consistently that I want my politicians to be honest and to use science as one source to inform policy.

Palin did not use her own paid-for science to inform her policy, and that shows she does not value science. It's fine if Joe Blow on the street doesn't value science but people who are making policy for the country really ought to.

The bears will probably manage to evolve to survive without sea ice, but that is beside the point (and a different discussion). The point is, is Palin the sort of person you want in the white house. You can look at how she made past decisions to help decide that.

Last edited:
I don't see the lie. The scientists didn't prove anything definitively. Why would she pretend they had?

you know they sat up a guillotine over at DU didn't ya?? a contest on who could bag the biggest Republican.. Howler monkeys throw turd balls

I read nothing that put the lie to Palin's comments. It seems they can't decide. I don't see that as evidence that Palin is lying. Polar bear populations have been increasing. Where's the problem?

Oh, that's right. There isn't one. It's pie in the sky.

Here's the problem is dishonesty, and disregard for science. From that previous link:

The state's marine mammal scientists agreed last year with federal researchers who concluded polar bears are threatened with extinction because of a shrinking ice cap.

A newly released e-mail from last fall shows that the state's own biologists were at odds with the Palin administration, which has consistently opposed any new federal protections for polar bears under the Endangered Species Act.

As I read the article, it looks like the "they don't know" idea comes from Palin ("the state") on one side saying one thing and the scientists saying the opposite.

Forum List

Back