Sarah Palin Addresses Wisconsin Protesters: You Must Be 'Willing To Sacrifice'

Here's her speech, instead failgo picks out one quote and goes apeshit over it.

SNIP:
Union Brothers and Sisters: Seize Opportunity to Show True Solidarity
.by Sarah Palin on Friday, February 18, 2011 at 8:32pm.The union-led school closures and demonstrations in Madison have left most ordinary Americans shaking their heads in disbelief. Months ago, I penned a message to my fellow union brothers and sisters when I found myself on the receiving end of union boss Richard Trumka’s wrath. Yesterday’s demonstrations reminded me of the full-page ads taken out against me when I put my foot down in dealing with union demands while I served as governor. My message then and now to good union brothers and sisters is that you have another option. You don’t have to kowtow to the union bosses who are not looking out for you, but instead are using you. You can join millions of other union members in a commonsense movement to help fight for the right causes in our great country – for budgets that share the burden in a truly fair way and for commonsense reforms that take power away from vested interests like union bosses and big business lobby groups, and put it back where it belongs – with “We the People.”

Here we are still struggling to get out of a deep recession and coping with high unemployment, record deficits, rapidly rising food prices, and a host of other economic problems; and Wisconsin union bosses want union members out in the streets demanding that taxpayers foot the bill for unsustainable benefits packages. I am a friend to hard working union members and to teachers. I come from a family of teachers; my grandparents, parents, brother, sister, aunt, and other relatives worked, or still work, in education. My own children attend public schools. I greatly admire good teachers and will always speak up in defense of the teaching profession. But Wisconsin teacher unions do themselves no favor by closing down classrooms and abandoning children’s needs in protest against the sort of belt-tightening that people everywhere are going through. Union brothers and sisters: this is the wrong fight at the wrong time. Solidarity doesn’t mean making Wisconsin taxpayers pay for benefits that are not sustainable and affordable at a time when many of these taxpayers struggle to hold on to their own jobs and homes. Real solidarity means everyone being willing to sacrifice and carry our share of the burden. It does no one any favors to dismiss the sacrifices others have already had to make—in wage cuts, unpaid vacations, and even job losses—to weather our economic storm.

read it all here.
Union Brothers and Sisters: Seize Opportunity to Show True Solidarity | Facebook

Last edited:

Palin can have a cold cup of shut the fuck up, that dumb ass woman wants the middle class to basically sacrifice more when they're already a shrinking class and doesn't believe the corporations on the private should have to sacrifice jack shit, fuck that stupid ass woman.

And Oddball and the rest of you Huffy Puff hating fucktards can shut the fuck up also, this atory was hotlinked by Huffington Post from Associated Press, so before you bash my link as Huffy Puffy biased shit read it first. I leave for a few days and look at the shit thats happening here.

I think you izz having an old fashioned meltdown dud.

We asked the wealthiest Americans to kick in an additional 3% of their income above $250k. The Rightwing conservatives blocked any attempt to raise taxes on even those making above $1 million a year

Where was Sarah Palins call for sacrifice then?

If that would have happened there would have been a spike in job loss, dumb ass.

demonrats have only ONE solution to any problem. "soak the rich" they are sugar tit hangers oner's

We asked the wealthiest Americans to kick in an additional 3% of their income above $250k. The Rightwing conservatives blocked any attempt to raise taxes on even those making above $1 million a year

If that would have happened there would have been a spike in job loss, dumb ass.

Then why were no jobs created when Bush gave the cuts in the first place? We borrowed $2 trillion over 10 years to pay for these cuts and had no jobs to show for it

We gave $2 trillion in tax cuts and the wealthy just kept the money

demonrats have only ONE solution to any problem. "soak the rich" they are sugar tit hangers oner's

yeah, and raise taxes on the middle class. Starting with a 60cnt tax on a pack of cigarettes was the FIRST thing the Obama did.

LOL....I knew you would be upset about that one

Just like Boehner is upset about the tax on tanning

yeah, and raise taxes on the middle class. Starting with a 60cnt tax on a pack of cigarettes was the FIRST thing the Obama did.

and that tax was used to care for sick children aka SCHIP but the lying pigs then went on to cry about kids not getting the care they need.. their 26 year old basement dwellers need care.. :lol:

SNIP:
.by Sarah Palin on Friday, February 18, 2011 at 8:32pm.The union-led school closures and demonstrations in Madison have left most ordinary Americans shaking their heads in disbelief. Months ago, I penned a message to my fellow union brothers and sisters when I found myself on the receiving end of union boss Richard Trumka’s wrath. Yesterday’s demonstrations reminded me of the full-page ads taken out against me when I put my foot down in dealing with union demands while I served as governor. My message then and now to good union brothers and sisters is that you have another option. You don’t have to kowtow to the union bosses who are not looking out for you, but instead are using you. You can join millions of other union members in a commonsense movement to help fight for the right causes in our great country – for budgets that share the burden in a truly fair way and for commonsense reforms that take power away from vested interests like union bosses and big business lobby groups, and put it back where it belongs – with “We the People.”

Here we are still struggling to get out of a deep recession and coping with high unemployment, record deficits, rapidly rising food prices, and a host of other economic problems; and Wisconsin union bosses want union members out in the streets demanding that taxpayers foot the bill for unsustainable benefits packages. I am a friend to hard working union members and to teachers. I come from a family of teachers; my grandparents, parents, brother, sister, aunt, and other relatives worked, or still work, in education. My own children attend public schools. I greatly admire good teachers and will always speak up in defense of the teaching profession. But Wisconsin teacher unions do themselves no favor by closing down classrooms and abandoning children’s needs in protest against the sort of belt-tightening that people everywhere are going through. Union brothers and sisters: this is the wrong fight at the wrong time. Solidarity doesn’t mean making Wisconsin taxpayers pay for benefits that are not sustainable and affordable at a time when many of these taxpayers struggle to hold on to their own jobs and homes. Real solidarity means everyone being willing to sacrifice and carry our share of the burden. It does no one any favors to dismiss the sacrifices others have already had to make—in wage cuts, unpaid vacations, and even job losses—to weather our economic storm.

read it all here.
Union Brothers and Sisters: Seize Opportunity to Show True Solidarity | Facebook

That context only makes it worse.

The old 'union bosses' canard. Does she know that union reps and leaders are elected?

She wants teachers to defy their 'union bosses', who are fighting to preserve their right to even have a union?

gawd. This woman is an idiot.

Palin can have a cold cup of shut the fuck up, that dumb ass woman wants the middle class to basically sacrifice more when they're already a shrinking class and doesn't believe the corporations on the private should have to sacrifice jack shit, fuck that stupid ass woman.

And Oddball and the rest of you Huffy Puff hating fucktards can shut the fuck up also, this atory was hotlinked by Huffington Post from Associated Press, so before you bash my link as Huffy Puffy biased shit read it first. I leave for a few days and look at the shit thats happening here.

Ah. Well, I like the tactic you are using.

Rather than debate her point, you just want her silenced. Not suprising, thats been a tactic of left wing tyranny for centuries. Most recently in Cuba and North Korea. Silence dissent.

But she is right. We broke dude. The taxpayers can't pay any more to government. I know you guys are slobbering at the mouth to tax the rich, but dude, the rich already pay 90% of our taxes, and they employ people. The money taken from them by the government will be money that would've gone to someone else.

The fundamental difference in private sector vs public sector is that the public sector (aka government) exists solely by forcefully taking other people's money from them. We can't take any more. The gov't employees are gonna have to accept that. The private sector exists on voluntary customer spending. So they can do all they want to attract new customers and new money, and it's voluntary for a customer to go to them.

Thats the difference. Government can't force any more "customers" by raising taxes in this economy. Thus, the government workers will have to sacrifice a little bit. We the taxpayer have been very, very good to the government worker. It's time they be good to us now.

LOL....I knew you would be upset about that one

Just like Boehner is upset about the tax on tanning

I know your memory must be shot to hell so let me refresh it... this tax on tanning was a tax on plastic surgery before all the hollywood fake tit people had a hoe down demonrat hissy fit,, that's why they changed the tax to a tax on tanning" You are Welcome.. hypocrite.

SNIP:

read it all here.

The old 'union bosses' canard. Does she know that union reps and leaders are elected?

She wants teachers to defy their 'union bosses', who are fighting to preserve their right to even have a union?

Oh dear me, what are "teachers" SLAVES to their Union boss.
gawd you people don't mind having a Master.

SNIP:

read it all here.

SHE is an idiot?

While 30,000 union members protest, while they earn a package of $89,500 a year on average? And their choice is 1) Pay 12% for benefits, while the private sector pays 25% or 2) 6,000 of you get fired.

And SHE is the idiot?

Ah. Liberal thought always amazes me in it's self-destructive ideals.

Yes they pay in 50% but they control over 70% of the nations wealth.

Did you know that 80% of statistics are made up on the spot? So far one hundred percent of yours are.

In 2008, the top 5% paid 58.72% of taxes. They earned 34.73% of the income. Facts, not a friend of liberalism...

The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data

Actually 83.1% percent of statistics are made up on the spot

You need to be able to differentiate wealth from income. It is not the same.
Actually YOU need to differentiate it since you introduced it. The term "wealth" is very subjective. Provide a definition and support it. It's your assertion.

What evidence do you have for that? The top rate was raised in 1993, and we got about 20 million jobs that decade.

Then why were no jobs created when Bush gave the cuts in the first place? We borrowed $2 trillion over 10 years to pay for these cuts and had no jobs to show for it

We gave $2 trillion in tax cuts and the wealthy just kept the money
Yes, comrade. When government doesn't take money from taxpayers, they are "giving" them money because all money is the people's money. Death to the proletariat!

SNIP:

read it all here.

SHE is an idiot?

While 30,000 union members protest, while they earn a package of $89,500 a year on average? And their choice is 1) Pay 12% for benefits, while the private sector pays 25% or 2) 6,000 of you get fired.

And SHE is the idiot?

Ah. Liberal thought always amazes me in it's self-destructive ideals.

I would like to see that 89,000 dollar number broken down, please.

Sorry, I meant death to the bourgeois. I'm new to communism. Thank you rightwinger for showing me the way though....

Forum List

Back