Santorum: "We're not here to serve the earth"

Nature is a subtle web of intricate connections

Environmental Impact Statements are a sight to behold: realms of scientific data and analysis documenting, or speculating, about environmental effect of a dam or highway through a wetland.

While they are costly, and easily abused, they do reflect a true insight: namely, that nature is a subtle web of intricate organic connections, and even small changes in an ecosystem can have large and unintended negative effects downstream.

Some call it the "butterfly effect": the mere flapping of a butterfly's wings may contribute to causing a hurricane. Trying to look ahead to what might be lost is simply prudent.

The requirement of Environmental Impact Statements is a result of congressional action after much deliberation. Congress made sure that the public would have input into the process--some say far too much public input.

You may or may not like the idea of Environmental Impact Statements, but the idea went through the democratic process and was refined to become what it is today.

Source: It Takes A Family, by Sen. Rick Santorum, p.217-220 , Apr 30, 2006

Thank you, Tiny one
:cool:

It's so much easier for the braindead among us to latch on to a sound byte and run with whatever interpretation TP or MM tells them to.

:clap:

Keep it coming LARDASS,I think I'm right about you but of course you are so wrong about me,little huh:lol::lol:tl

I wasn't referring to your physical size, just the ego you're putting on display for us all. You actually got a valid point? Or just more guesses about what I look like?
Really,silly games from a silly Twat.....I don't have the time for wasters like you and the nutty si modowacko

All you're doing is playing games. What you don't seem to have time for is logical argument, which is actually what this post was after. Thanks for trying though. I'm gonna stop responding to you now, okay little guy?

Environmental Impact Statements are a sight to behold: realms of scientific data and analysis documenting, or speculating, about environmental effect of a dam or highway through a wetland.

While they are costly, and easily abused, they do reflect a true insight: namely, that nature is a subtle web of intricate organic connections, and even small changes in an ecosystem can have large and unintended negative effects downstream.

Some call it the "butterfly effect": the mere flapping of a butterfly's wings may contribute to causing a hurricane. Trying to look ahead to what might be lost is simply prudent.

The requirement of Environmental Impact Statements is a result of congressional action after much deliberation. Congress made sure that the public would have input into the process--some say far too much public input.

You may or may not like the idea of Environmental Impact Statements, but the idea went through the democratic process and was refined to become what it is today.

Thank you, Tiny one

It's so much easier for the braindead among us to latch on to a sound byte and run with whatever interpretation TP or MM tells them to.

Truth. It's been most strange watching the "zombification" of liberals and left wingers over the years.

Two cults of voodoo propaganda actually.

The Mary Mapes school of "we accuse, you defend" and Axelrod's school of attack journalism "we only need the headline even if it's a lie".

What is currently happening on this board right now reflects both.

All one has to do is peruse all the threads in Politics and one can see all the lib and left wingers who aren't going to vote for any of the Republican candidates in a frenzy to smear "candidate du jour".

Bizarre to say the least. No conservative will be taking rdean's or Chris's or franco's advice on who to choose as the R candidate. :lol:

Strange days indeed.

Thank you, Tiny one

Truth. It's been most strange watching the "zombification" of liberals and left wingers over the years.

Two cults of voodoo propaganda actually.

The Mary Mapes school of "we accuse, you defend" and Axelrod's school of attack journalism "we only need the headline even if it's a lie".

What is currently happening on this board right now reflects both.

All one has to do is peruse all the threads in Politics and one can see all the lib and left wingers who aren't going to vote for any of the Republican candidates in a frenzy to smear "candidate du jour".

Bizarre to say the least. No conservative will be taking rdean's or Chris's or franco's advice on who to choose as the R candidate. :lol:

Strange days indeed.

People like Rdean and Chris cast such an extreme definition of candidates.
None of the candidates fit the mold that they would have us believe.

They're so concentrated on turning people away from who is running they don't care if their descriptions are accurate.

I, for one, am sick and tired of getting pushed around by TREES! :evil:

In case you hadn't noticed, the earth can take care of itself.

The global warming farce is where liberals step in their own poo. If global warming causes hurricanes and earthquakes and tornadoes, which kill 1000's of humans, then isn't earth doing what liberals want, killing the horrible humans.

In case you hadn't noticed, the earth can take care of itself.

The global warming farce is where liberals step in their own poo. If global warming causes hurricanes and earthquakes and tornadoes, which kill 1000's of humans, then isn't earth doing what liberals want, killing the horrible humans.

We're less than fleas on a dog of this great Earth.
She was here before us and will be here after we're gone.

I wasn't referring to your physical size, just the ego you're putting on display for us all. You actually got a valid point? Or just more guesses about what I look like?
Really,silly games from a silly Twat.....I don't have the time for wasters like you and the nutty si modowacko

All you're doing is playing games. What you don't seem to have time for is logical argument, which is actually what this post was after. Thanks for trying though. I'm gonna stop responding to you now, okay little guy?
Well my friend,your synopsis of the real reasons of man made global warming,go completely against proper scientific analysis....which was the original question of this thead and Santo-Panto's comments as stupid as they are moreover before the DRONES came on it attack me,which is the usual BOLLOCKS when I disagree with them.

In Western Australia we have had 25 continuous years of low and lowering rainfall and higher and higher tempretures.........plus El Ninyo etc., world wide.

You are all welcome to come to Perth to expeirience the change....plus if required,we have a LOT OF SAND HERE TO BURY YOUR HEADS IN.

It costs money to change...THAT IS YOUR BIGGEST COMPLAINT,I should imagine...it always is with some of you folk.Australia,Responsible on Global Warming......Shame YOU arn't.

steven......theliq...NO KID ME

I agree. We are NOT A SLAVE to government or planet. We must exercise good sense on how we live environmentally,but liberals use this as an excuse to kill industry,and have people become dependent on the government.
Isn't it a SHAME that IDIOTS LIKE YOU AND PANTO(PANTOMIME)SANTO,have to affect the rest of the world.....if only you could keep you SHIT in the US,everyone else would be so happy......The Native Americans were so RIGHT about your GREED and DESTRUCTION TO NATURE.

Stuff YOU WANKERVAPIRICK......I'm theliq.......Now back to your kennel you cur:eusa_liar:

No, it's not a shame. Morons like you are what's wrong with the world. When have left-wingers ever been right about anything? You've been fucking up the world for 100 years now. People like vampiric68 are trying to save the world from imbeciles like you.

I agree. We are NOT A SLAVE to government or planet. We must exercise good sense on how we live environmentally,but liberals use this as an excuse to kill industry,and have people become dependent on the government.
Isn't it a SHAME that IDIOTS LIKE YOU AND PANTO(PANTOMIME)SANTO,have to affect the rest of the world.....if only you could keep you SHIT in the US,everyone else would be so happy......The Native Americans were so RIGHT about your GREED and DESTRUCTION TO NATURE.

Stuff YOU WANKERVAPIRICK......I'm theliq.......Now back to your kennel you cur:eusa_liar:

No, it's not a shame. Morons like you are what's wrong with the world. When have left-wingers ever been right about anything? You've been fucking up the world for 100 years now. People like vampiric68 are trying to save the world from imbeciles like you.
Hi Bripat(is that for British Expat ??)Anyway......Firstly the thread became somewhat absurd(and I too hold my hands up for that) but to get back to your post......Look this has nothing to do with left and right,and stop putting me in a pidgeon hole of the left because I am either depending on the issue at hand.Thanks.

Your prose regarding "fucking up the world for a 100 years" is ridiculous to say the least.....the industrial revolution in England at the time had so much pollution that people couldn't see their out stretched hand for industrial smog.The polluting businesses were not owned by leftis,marxis etc., these were own by capitalists.

The reduction of lead in gas or lead based paints for example were seen and acknowledged to be poisoning both the atmosphere and the general population generaly...Now you I hope would never dream of reversing those decisions.

I have explained what is happening here(with some mirth thrown in,sorry if you found that annoying but hey we do smile here you know).

Our government recently introduced a Carbon Tax,moreover we are having talks at the moment with China to reduce their emmissions if they want our Coal....which appears to be bringing a positive outcome....we are communicating for change and it's working.We are Not just sitting on our ASSES we are making positive change for the betterment.

I refuse to carry on responding to insults because it is anti-productive(as is clearly shown in earlier silly posts on this thread).

I am entitled to have an opinion as I see it on this thread as you do,and I defend your right to do so Bripat.....so we disagree,I just feel that an educated person like Santo should be more circumspect.......some of his comments about many things have been hardly representative for someone attempting to hold the highest and most important office in the world,again this is just my opinion,like wise I get sick and tired of Americans so negative about their own country...you are an innovative and educated people and very important to the world(Yes your spending has been uncontrolled in the past,creating much problem to you all but you are all resposible,don't forget that).

Anyway things are and will improve....but getting back to your mute point........improvement is needed in this situation.steve

Last edited:

Well my friend,your synopsis of the real reasons of man made global warming,go completely against proper scientific analysis....which was the original question of this thead and Santo-Panto's comments as stupid as they are moreover before the DRONES came on it attack me,which is the usual BOLLOCKS when I disagree with them.

In Western Australia we have had 25 continuous years of low and lowering rainfall and higher and higher tempretures.........plus El Ninyo etc., world wide.

You are all welcome to come to Perth to expeirience the change....plus if required,we have a LOT OF SAND HERE TO BURY YOUR HEADS IN.

It costs money to change...THAT IS YOUR BIGGEST COMPLAINT,I should imagine...it always is with some of you folk.Australia,Responsible on Global Warming......Shame YOU arn't.

I applaud you for finally trying to take part in the debate in stead of just firing insults at me, so I'll indulge you once more.

First, I defy you to scour these forums and find a single example of me giving my synopsis on the "real reasons" of man made global warming. I've never given any such synopsis, nor have I claimed any knowledge on that issue. My contention was only that not every single environmental law in the US is practical. My example, the one to which you responded that I was a moron lard ass and began this whole back and forth, was the Endangered Species Act. This was the only point I made, and never did I imply that my views were identical to those of the OP.

On the issue of global warming, I admit that I'm not a climate scientist and am thus unqualified to claim knowledge of the causes, or even the true nature, of what's going on with our atmosphere and global temperature. It's my understanding that the correct methods of measuring these things aren't universally agreed upon. I'm not sure if you can relate to not having an opinion on something, but on this facet of environmental issues I admit that I don't have the information necessary to form one.

If you wanted to argue with the OP's contention, you probably should've posted his quote and not mine.

I applaud you for finally trying to take part in the debate in stead of just firing insults at me, so I'll indulge you once more.

First, I defy you to scour these forums and find a single example of me giving my synopsis on the "real reasons" of man made global warming. I've never given any such synopsis, nor have I claimed any knowledge on that issue. My contention was only that not every single environmental law in the US is practical. My example, the one to which you responded that I was a moron lard ass and began this whole back and forth, was the Endangered Species Act. This was the only point I made, and never did I imply that my views were identical to those of the OP.

On the issue of global warming, I admit that I'm not a climate scientist and am thus unqualified to claim knowledge of the causes, or even the true nature, of what's going on with our atmosphere and global temperature. It's my understanding that the correct methods of measuring these things aren't universally agreed upon. I'm not sure if you can relate to not having an opinion on something, but on this facet of environmental issues I admit that I don't have the information necessary to form one.

If you wanted to argue with the OP's contention, you probably should've posted his quote and not mine.
Hi Subie...So I acted like a dickhead(what's new),Subie there is much debate re Global Warming,we as a nation think its real,so no lambasting me on what we feel is a serious matter......I have no real issue with you and your opinion,I just cannot agree and most Australians feel the same.........In America there always seems to be an agenda by vested interests who tend to blurr reality...........saying that,I wish to apologies to you for my crass posts and I hope you can be forgiving because I enjoy much of your prose.

I will mention that Si M twice negged me during this latest skirmish.......I expect nothing less from her..........that she took an instant dislike of me when I first came on,is merely shit off a ducks back to me.

But she comes back from time to time to stalk me............so I just give her a mouthful..I reckon she must enjoy it.fuck knows why.

Again Subie.........apologies are mine but you did a reasonable job on me yourself, you know:lol::lol::clap2::cool:steve

Last edited:

Hi Nosubie...So I acted like a dickhead(what's new),Subie there is much debate re Global Warming,we as a nation think its real,so no lambasting me on what we feel is a serious matter......I have no real issue with you and your opinion,I just cannot agree and most Australians feel the same.........In America there always seems to be an agenda by vested interests who tend to blurr reality...........saying that,I wish to apologies to you for my crass posts and I hope you can be forgiving because I enjoy much of your prose.

I will mention that Si M twice negged me during this latest skirmish.......I expect nothing less from her..........that she took an instant dislike of me when I first came on,is merely shit off a ducks back to me.

But she comes back from time to time to stalk me............so I just give her a mouthful..I reckon she must enjoy it.fuck knows why.

Again Subie.........apologies are mine but you did a reasonable job yourself you know:lol::lol::clap2::cool:steve
:cool: Another whine.

I charge up and get ya again. I love those who always deliver. :thup:

Hi Nosubie...So I acted like a dickhead(what's new),Subie there is much debate re Global Warming,we as a nation think its real,so no lambasting me on what we feel is a serious matter......I have no real issue with you and your opinion,I just cannot agree and most Australians feel the same.........In America there always seems to be an agenda by vested interests who tend to blurr reality...........saying that,I wish to apologies to you for my crass posts and I hope you can be forgiving because I enjoy much of your prose.

Again Subie.........apologies are mine but you did a reasonable job yourself you know:lol::lol::clap2::cool:steve

Sorry is a SORRY WORD and I really feel SORRY FOR YOU......si negorepping monoboor

I truly don't understand the feelings that some have that they must "serve" the earth.

It's such a screwed up stance.

Hi Subie...So I acted like a dickhead(what's new),Subie there is much debate re Global Warming,we as a nation think its real,so no lambasting me on what we feel is a serious matter......I have no real issue with you and your opinion,I just cannot agree and most Australians feel the same.........In America there always seems to be an agenda by vested interests who tend to blurr reality...........saying that,I wish to apologies to you for my crass posts and I hope you can be forgiving because I enjoy much of your prose.

Again Subie.........apologies are mine but you did a reasonable job on me yourself, you know:lol::lol::clap2::cool:steve

No apologies from you are necessary on my account, though I do appreciate the consideration. Also, not to worry: Part of my admission that I don't have the information necessary to form an opinion on a topic is the recognition that I also don't have the information to disprove yours, and I'll never outright lambaste an opinion that I don't think I can rightly disprove.

Last edited:

Sorry is a SORRY WORD and I really feel SORRY FOR YOU......si negorepping monoboor
Still delivering on the neg rep whine! :thup:

Isn't this planet God's creation?
You are telling the story,please continue :cool:
It seems strange a man as religious as Sanctorum doesn't accept the creation.

I had to come back and revisit your post. It makes no sense at all.

God's creation is given to us to be stewards of.

Even the original people believe in the inherent right of land and that the Creator gave the original people that right to the land and all of Creation. Earth keepers.

Forum List

Back