Santorum is such a little bitch

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
What Rick Santorum's lukewarm endorsement of Mitt Romney means (+video)

Nearly a month after exiting the presidential race, Rick Santorum endorsed Mitt Romney in the 13th paragraph of an e-mail sent to supporters late Monday. That's not exactly a show of enthusiasm for the Republican standard-bearer.

It came at 11 p.m. Monday, in the 13th paragraph of an e-mail to supporters: Rick Santorum’s endorsement of Mitt Romney.

*snip*

“And while I had concerns about Governor Romney making a case as a candidate about fighting against Obamacare, I have no doubt if elected he will work with a Republican Congress to repeal it and replace it with a bottom up, patient, not government, driven system,” Santorum wrote.

To sum up his message: At least Romney is better than Mr. Obama.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement – especially given the lack of joint appearance or press conference. Santorum’s e-mail explained that he and Romney met Friday in Pittsburgh, one on one, for more than an hour and had a conversation that was “candid, collegial, and focused on the issues.” Santorum also noted that the topic of endorsement did not come up, but clearly it was on his mind, as many supporters, he said, had weighed in on whether to formally endorse.

Santorum’s tepid nod to Romney “shows his reluctance to be fully on board,” says Terry Madonna, a political scientist at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pa. “It shows that he still harbors this concern that Romney isn’t a true conservative."

*snip*

Bishop Romney should totally shut Santorum out. No speaking slot at the convention, no joint appearances, no consideration at all.

What's Santorum going to do? He has no following. He only got votes because he was the last anti-Romney standing.

I don't think ANYONE ethusiastically supports Romney. NO ONE is saying "YEAH, this is guy we really need."
The support he has is not pro-Romney, it's just anti-Obama.

I don't think ANYONE ethusiastically supports Romney. NO ONE is saying "YEAH, this is guy we really need."
The support he has is not pro-Romney, it's just anti-Obama.

Which is why if Romney is going to win the election, Obama will have to do quite a bit to help him. If we all can agree on one thing about Mr. Obama is that he is absolutely self-disciplined. I don't see Obama helping Romney out much.

Forum List

Back