Santa Clara 49rs ?????

49rs is a term associated far more with the Sacramento to the gold fields to the Bay peninsula than just SF.

Candlestick Stadium is 45 miles North of the 9ers new digs.

Santa Clara is where the new stadium is located.

Can the 9ers REALLY call themselves from San Fransisco anymore ???

They are still the NY Jets and the NY Giants, so I guess there is precedence for it.

REALISTICALLY I'm sure at SOME point DISTANCE has to figure into it.

You are what you are and you are WHERE you are.

You have lots of time, you figure it out, call the NFL and tell them you have come to a decision and then they can change it.

REALISTICALLY I'm sure at SOME point DISTANCE has to figure into it.

You are what you are and you are WHERE you are.

You have lots of time, you figure it out, call the NFL and tell them you have come to a decision and then they can change it.

Regrettably the Santa Clara bus has already left the station. Seattle AM 950 radio station has chartered the bandwagon promoting this issue.

I would LOVE to be the inventor of this but alas I wasn't Johnnie on the spot and all I can do now is address the new address as it comes up.

I do find it highly amusing that to many it will stick.

As the 49ers struggle to find their new identity as 2nd...or 3rd ...or god for bid 4th best in the NFC West this season they will unwitingly be struggling to maintain the identity of their new address also.

Levi's Stadium is adjacent to the Niners Marie P. DeBartolo Sports Centre which has been the teams training complex since the late 80's. Much of the San Francisco Bay Area commerce is based now in Santa Clara County (heart of Silicon Valley.)
I wouldn't look for a rebrand anytime soon, read that as ever.
The fan base revolted in the 80's when then owner Eddie DeBartolo tried to replace the SF on the helmets with some kind of USFL looking "49ers."
It was quickly changed and never made the field.
1004.gif

Is this all shesuck fans have to worry about, someone else's team?

This is why your fans are laughing stocks of the NFL.

Who the fuck cares where anyone plays their games or calls themselves?

Tacoma is a lot closer to Seattle than Santa Clara is to SF.

I don't know enough about your region to have a dialog on it. I can tell you growing up the history of the Bay Area is in San Francisco and secondly Oakland. Santa Clara County and San Jose seemed like going out the farm country as late as the 1970's.
The largest population of any of the tri-cities of the Bay Area. San Jose. Close to 2,000,000 in Santa Clara County.
San Francisco City & County under 850,000.
But you ask anyone that lives in the area or is from the area how they refer to San Francisco vs. Oakland or San Jose.
San Francisco is "The City." Historical and financial center of the region still (banking.)

Candlestick Stadium is 45 miles North of the 9ers new digs.

Santa Clara is where the new stadium is located.

Can the 9ers REALLY call themselves from San Fransisco anymore ???

It's called Candlestick PARK.

Hey, let's all cheer for our favorite teams!

New Jersey Jets

New Jersey Giants

Arlington Cowboys

Landover Redskins

Orchard Park Bills

Aren't you paying attention?

The FANS aren't pushing this thing.

A radio station is.

I don't care where the Whiners play.

All I am saying is that there HAS to be a measurable distance where you can no longer claim to be from. Is it 10 miles? 25? 50? 100? I think 45 miles is stretching it.

Which radio station? Can you link that? Is it part of the NFC West "cold war" going on between the Niners and 'Hawks?

Do the Dallas Cowboys still play in the NFC East?

Should have known. The rivalry right now is good for football. Hopefully it will not digress to the level of San Francisco/Los Angeles where fans have been attacked and murdered.

Aren't you paying attention?

The FANS aren't pushing this thing.

A radio station is.

I don't care where the Whiners play.

All I am saying is that there HAS to be a measurable distance where you can no longer claim to be from. Is it 10 miles? 25? 50? 100? I think 45 miles is stretching it.

Who the hell cares, you she asses think you are hot shit and can make rules because you won one Superbowl in the last 30 plus years?

1 mile, 20 miles, 200 miles, its not any of your business what they call themselves.

Speaking of whining, you she asses are crying about what a team calls themselves, hypocritical shits.

Forum List

Back