Sanders: Universal Healthcare and Free College Aren’t Radical Ideas, They Are ‘Human Rights’

Fuck..... Odium ...... I've asked you to not agree with things I say. I don't want my posts tainted by having you signal agreement. You and I will never be on the same team.....until you lose the bigot chip on your shoulder. Understand.
No can do. I am absolutely in 100% agreement with Sanders on this. I doubt me and you 100% agree I rarely 100% agree with anyone...you take what you can get.

The greatest nation on the face of the earth ought to have the healthiest and most well educated populace on the face of the earth. No?

Silly nutters.
hey, if you are willing to surrender 50% of your earnings, you first. Get back to us and let us know how that works out..
And don't give me any shit about social responsibility or sacrifice.
the problem is that you libs want no one to be responsible. You look to government to bear responsibility. Which means you look to taxpaying citizens to do your bidding.
Here's an idea. Do the free college. But it's only for 4.0 or straight A students. Everyone else pays as normal.

We are the government, genius. We.....the taxpayers.....do our bidding. Unless we follow conservative policies, that is. Then we let unelected corporate donors decide what we spend our dough on. That's your preferred plan, dummy.

Educating our youth is the single best investment WE can make. It pays major dividends. Fiscally responsible liberals get this. Why don't you?

The greatest nation on the face of the earth ought to have the healthiest and most well educated populace on the face of the earth. No?

Silly nutters.

Then how do you explain that our Democrat controlled public schools have 80% of students unable to read at grade level?

Cool stat, bro.......where'd ya get it?

I explain it by calling you out for BS. Schools are run locally. Blue states do better than red.....blue counties DESTROY red counties when it comes to quality of education.

The CONSERVATIVE agenda to make higher education something that only wealthy people can afford has damaged this nation. Ya dumb shit.
Non facts followed by name calling.
BTW, schools are run locally in "home rule:" states only.
In the US 39 states abide by "Dillon's Rule" where state legislatures have control over local government. Including public schools. 8 states have modified Dillon's Rule.
Only one State New Jersey is 100% home rule.
Other states, such as Pennsylvania allow some local taxing authority for certain types of funding.
Texas has modified home rule only to the extent that local property tax dollars stay in the district.
Local control? Umm, nope....
Local Government Authority
BTW, I think public schools should be 100% locally funded, and 100% locally controlled. But we allow the state to govern out of fear of "what if".....And 'fairness'....
Oh, if the schools are so great in the blue states, why then are people fleeing those places and headed to the evil red states?....
Last point...if you did any research, you'd realize they basic reason why the cost of higher ed has skyrocketed. Federal intervention.....

Silly nutters.
hey, if you are willing to surrender 50% of your earnings, you first. Get back to us and let us know how that works out..
And don't give me any shit about social responsibility or sacrifice.
the problem is that you libs want no one to be responsible. You look to government to bear responsibility. Which means you look to taxpaying citizens to do your bidding.
Here's an idea. Do the free college. But it's only for 4.0 or straight A students. Everyone else pays as normal.

We are the government, genius. We.....the taxpayers.....do our bidding. Unless we follow conservative policies, that is. Then we let unelected corporate donors decide what we spend our dough on. That's your preferred plan, dummy.

Educating our youth is the single best investment WE can make. It pays major dividends. Fiscally responsible liberals get this. Why don't you?
Pays major dividends? Umm no.....The students who achieve pay those dividends. Not the slackers.
If today's typical educrat had a one track interest in education of our kids, they'd stop this insane obsession with sending every single kid to college.
It's not for everyone, In fact college is not for probably half of all US students.
There is a need for more vocational training. Let these kids find something in which they are interested and teach them to be better at that. At least then, they'd have a fighting chance at making a living once they graduated.
This idea that pouring more tax dollars into every home because some of you feel that every kid is entitled to higher education is insane.
And what of the admission's standards? What do we do with those? Toss them to the trash heap? Because once the obstacle of funding is out of the way, the next thing we will see it every kid who is denied entrance to a school will be marching to court with an attorney with lawsuit papers in hand.
Sanders is out of what is left of his mind if he believes these simplistic ideas that are actually mere campaign rhetoric, will have a snowball's chance of working...
He's just trying to get your hillary vote to go to him.

Fuck..... Odium ...... I've asked you to not agree with things I say. I don't want my posts tainted by having you signal agreement. You and I will never be on the same team.....until you lose the bigot chip on your shoulder. Understand.

The fact that Odious so often agrees with you would have a rational person questioning the wisdom of their POV.

With you? Not so much.

The fact that Odious so often agrees with you would have a rational person questioning the wisdom of their POV.

With you? Not so much.

The fucker agrees with you on lots of shit, bro. Difference is.....you don't care.

Silly nutters.

Then how do you explain that our Democrat controlled public schools have 80% of students unable to read at grade level?

I explain it by calling you out for BS. Schools are run locally. Blue states do better than red.....blue counties DESTROY red counties when it comes to quality of education.

The CONSERVATIVE agenda to make higher education something that only wealthy people can afford has damaged this nation. Ya dumb shit.
and those blue urban centers where schools spend shit tons of money and less than half the students make it past high school?.....

Universal healthcare and "free" college are not rights.

If a society chooses both, that's their business. But they're not rights.

Both will eventually bankrupt the nation.

Democrats should win this election hands-down. But Bernie is leading them down the rabbit hole.

We decided that owning a gun was a right. We decided that worshipping the imaginary being was a right. We decided that selling dirty movies was a right.

Why would it be so preposterous to decide that receiving basic healthcare and a basic education is a right?

With you? Not so much.

The fucker agrees with you on lots of shit, bro. Difference is.....you don't care.

I know I'm on the right track because the A-hole never agrees with me. NEVER.

Silly nutters.

and those blue urban centers where schools spend shit tons of money and less than half the students make it past high school?.....

NYC spends $19,000/yr per student yet over 1/3 don't even graduate high school.

You can lead the ponies to water...

With you? Not so much.

I know I'm on the right track because the A-hole never agrees with me. NEVER.

Hmmmmm. Where are you on immigration? How about abortion? Gun control? Gay marriage?

You fool yourself, nutter. It's how you get through each day.

Silly nutters.

NYC spends $19,000/yr per student yet over 1/3 don't even graduate high school.

You can lead the ponies to water...

Statistics. Aren't they awesome?!

By the way, stupid....I learned to read before I ever went to school. My mother was able to stay at home and teach me because we were able to live a middle class standard of living on my father's blue collar wage.

CONSERVATIVE economic policies have led us to a point where mom and dad both need to work and kids enter school far less prepared than was the case forty years ago.

Learn something.
That's a load of shit.
I can tell you this. When those yuppie over achieving two college grad having it all parents wanted to get into a good school district they were willing to pay well above market value for a home in said school district. If any one is to blame for the increase in the number of two income families, it is those people.
THEY decided that it was most important to have a large home and lots of toys.
Political ideology had nothing to do with this. Not a thing.
Look at you. You are a left winger and I can say I'm not out on a limb when I believe you have a nice suburban lifestyle. Something YOU wanted for your kids. So what?.....And you did whatever it took to get there.

Who is going to pay given the high cost of education? What's Bernie say about Elizabeth Warren making $300k per year to teach ONE class? That bloated salary is negatively impacting what he is calling a human right.

feel-the-bern.jpg

Silly nutters.

Kewl story bro.
In fact Frank is correct. Inner city schools have been controlled by Dems for decades. And they fail students very badly.

Redlining.
Cut the bullshit. People that live in cities CHOOSE to live in cities.
BTW, ownership of a single family home is NOT a right.
We saw the results of that belief in the last decade.
Stop with the lame excuses. Cities spend more than twice the average per student that suburban and several times more than rural school districts and still with that money flowing like a river into these inner city schools one constant remains. You can being the horse to a stream, but you cannot make him drink.
History has shown that the solution to a problem is not by throwing money at said problem. Yet, you libs keep insisting this is the best solution.....
Get back when those inner city graduation rates exceed expectations.

We decided that owning a gun was a right. We decided that worshipping the imaginary being was a right. We decided that selling dirty movies was a right.

Why would it be so preposterous to decide that receiving basic healthcare and a basic education is a right?

Because this is America, not France.

We believe in individual liberty, not rights derived from the collective.

Forum List

Back