Sanders Tweets 'How Many Yachts Do Billionaires Need? How Many Cars?

When have employees been overpaid? That's laughable. Your utter hatred for working class people is apparent.

See the failure of FDR's policies which extended the Great Depression.

In the vast, vast amount of cases, people are paid exactly what they are worth.

Is one expected to work hard for 10 dollars per hour or at 40 dollars per hour? Not too hard to answer. No employer should expect much hard work for a low wage. And a person working hard for 10 dollars per hour will be recognized for their hard work. They need to leave that job quickly.

When have employees been overpaid? That's laughable. Your utter hatred for working class people is apparent.

They were overpaid during the big union days of the 70's. People that sat on a floor sweeping machine at an auto plant would make 50K a year or more plus benefits. Back in the 80's, a UPS driver could bring in 50K a year which is comparable to 75K a year today just to deliver packages.

Steel mill workers made more than that. I had friends who worked there.

A ups driver making 50 grand was overpaid? 50 grand today is considered borderline poverty wage. Back then it was decent pay but not great. Steel mill workers should have made a high salary for working in those awful places.

50 grand plus benefits is nowhere near a good wage today. Its hard to live on that. I guess if one is single they can eat on that.

Why do you continue to defend the rich when we're clearly screwing you?

I can't think of any way I have ever been screwed by the rich or anyone other than those who sit back and feed off the work of others.

Most of my life I have worked either as an independent contractor on commission or as self-employed owning and operating a real estate company and construction company. Wealthier people paid handsomely for my services which they valued greatly. People earning less than me paid for my same services to enable themselves to grow their net worth as well.

It was always a win-win situation. How is that bad for anyone?

My rule was people with considerbly money were charged a higher hourly rate for my services than low income people. It evened out in the end.

50 grand plus benefits is nowhere near a good wage today. Its hard to live on that. I guess if one is single they can eat on that.

Depends greatly on where one lives, doesn't it? New York, LA, Tallahassee or Detroit.

Povery%20level%202017_zpsuzjbbb1j.jpg

One will work as hard as they are paid. More payi is more productivity. Less pay should mean less productivity.

Your perfect definition of a mediocre employee with no future.

From my first paper route, working at 13 on a tropical fish farm, bagging groceries, washing dishes in a bowling alley by hand, retail management, real estate, ownership, real estate instructor throughout Florida and the rest of the nation, professional speaker.

My policy, leading to what I consider great success has always been to provide more and better service than what is demanded or expected.

Bottom line is that it is common sense!

There is one way for a worker to get ahead and stick it to their employer. Get trained and become in demand. Then make your employer aware that you are open to leaving in a heartbeat when a higher paying opportunity comes along. Loyalty to an employer IS NO longer an admirable trait and is a bad trait as it is no longer valued by corporations. Its now an era of employer versus employee. Basic economics 101. Corporations on the whole look to screw their workers as much as possible. Indisputable facts.
Of course that is absurd stupid and liberal. Corporations must love their employees and customers to survive thanks to the saintly rigors of capitalism. If you doubt it start a business and treat your employees and customers worse than other corporations and see if you survive . Isn't thinking and learning fun. Notice that when a liberal and conservative meet the conservative always ends up running a kindergarten.

Dehumanize and destroy, that is the mantra of these OWS/$15 an Hour crap flappers.

Two exactly the same gallons of milk on the shelf at the store same expiration date; one is priced at $2, the other at $4 - Which do you buy?

That is the guts of capitalism in a simple nutshell.

I have a resume for a potential employee who says he'll do a job for $8/h, another resume from a potential employee of the same experience/qualifications says they want $15/h. The work /I/ want done is the same regardless (its the same gallon of milk). I'll take the employee that wants less pay, just like you'd buy the cheaper priced gallon of milk. I don't care what Mr/Mrs. $15/h "thinks" they are worth, their ego isn't worth anything 'extra' to me, it's of no benefit. I'm going to hire the cheapest employee I can to get the job done. It's not about "keeping anyone down" or "being greedy" or any of the other dehumanizing bullshit you pricks try to put on us businessmen, it's about making common sense decisions.

Make your shit worth more to us and we'll gladly pay it out. Put less workers in the field, we'll pay more for it. Prove you have experience so we don't have to train you so much, we'll pay more for it. On and on, there's a huge list of what folks can do to increase their worth to the company; and yes the company will pay for that, we appreciate loyalty, we appreciate hard work. We appreciate people who understand that we are just like them in our desire to earn more. Get on the fucking train and we'll take you along for the ride no problem.

You start throwing shit in the way, being a pain in the ass employee (coming in late, always texting and playing on the phone, not giving a shit about the company image or about our bottom line, or stealing from us,) damn straight we'll throw your ass off - and no it doesn't matter how fast we're going either. Harsh? Cold? No more than the 99%ers who want more money without giving anything extra in return. We're all the same, and ya'll are just as unsympathetic and "greedy" as the CEOs ya'll rail against.

A ups driver making 50 grand was overpaid? 50 grand today is considered borderline poverty wage. Back then it was decent pay but not great. Steel mill workers should have made a high salary for working in those awful places.

Back in the day, you probably couldn't get in to either of those places. UPS actually used the unemployment office to hire workers, so if you wanted to try and get in (I did) that's where you had to go to fill out an application. A job at the steel mill? If you were aggressive enough, you might be able to get in after about a year or so if you were lucky.

A decent wage? True story:

Back in the 80's, I worked at a place delivering and repairing medical equipment. At the time, the company was erecting a pharmacy to mix medications for our customers. UPS went on strike shortly after we hired our pharmacist who overseen the construction.

After our weekly meeting one day, we gathered around the coffee pot to have our own meeting. Somebody brought up the subject of the UPS strike, and the pharmacist walked away boiling mad. We didn't know her very well, so we just assumed she had issues.

The coffee crowd went back to to work and I was the last one at the coffee pot when the pharmacist returned. In her hand was her pharmacy magazine opened up, and she shoved it towards me and asked me to read it.

The article was about the UPS strike. According to the piece, a pharmacist made around $60,000 a year, and the UPS drivers on strike made $52,000 a year. She said "Do you know what I went through to become a pharmacist? Do you know what my parents went through? All that college--all that debt, and for what? To make 8 grand more than a Fn UPS driver????"

So I would say that delivering packages and making the money of a pharmacist was earning a great living. Remember it's those wonderful unions that helped escalate wages for pharmacists and other professions in the medical field that we are all paying for today. So now, some of us can't afford insurance.

The correct answer is: it is none of your business what your neighbor does with his money. If you don't like what he purchases, you are not entitled to take his money.

Mind your own business. And by that I don't mean stay out of his, but I mean get off your lazy behind and take care of your finances.

I agree....Billionaires can spend whatever they want with their money

But then, they can't claim that they can't afford a higher tax rate or to pay higher wages

Yes there is a corporate pie
They look at that pie and decide how much they are going to keep and how much trickles down to the workers
As I showed you...less and less is trickling down to the workers at a national GDP level

Now, explain again why we are giving tax cuts to corporations

You really do go out of your way to prove the credibility of Jonathan Gruber and his statements about the supporters of Obamacare.

How is an increase to the highest corporate tax rate in the world, 39.% a benefit to our economy when companies go out of their way to keep their money out of our country.

Which is greater? 39% of $1,000.00 or 15% of $10,000.00?

Go for it. Maybe your kids can help you.

Name the major corporations that pay 39% and I will name the ones who pay 0%
Want to see whose list is bigger?

We are looking at the nationwide workers slice of the pie which has diminished. We need to change national policy to help the workers instead of the one percent.

Please explain to us all how hurting the top 1% helps the productivity and value of a worker to his/her employer? Isn't increasing their value to an employee to their employer the responsibility of the worker? Many corporations including Walmart, have extensive training programs to help their workers move up the ladder and earn far more money and self-awareness.

335c634e-9c1c-4ca8-be2f-e65ca04be327_zpsvl0xhqkf.jpg

This is about government policy, not wages

We were sold on supply side economics as a means to boost the economy, with more jobs and higher wages for all. It never materialized....they just kept the money (hence the yachts and fancy cars)

So why do we continue those policies while we cut back on education and healthcare funding?

The correct answer is: it is none of your business what your neighbor does with his money. If you don't like what he purchases, you are not entitled to take his money.

Mind your own business. And by that I don't mean stay out of his, but I mean get off your lazy behind and take care of your finances.

I agree....Billionaires can spend whatever they want with their money

But then, they can't claim that they can't afford a higher tax rate or to pay higher wages

Very seldom do wages have anything to do with what an employer can afford. Wages have to do with what the labor is worth. If you want to buy a car that costs $25,000, why would you offer the dealership $27,000? That would be stupid.

If an employer had two yachts and an airplane, what does that have to do with paying the guy who cleans the floors and bathrooms at his company $30.00 an hour?

Forum List

Back