Sanders lead Trump by 21% in new CNN poll

CNN has long-since morphed into a Leftist media outlet (Anderson, Cuomo, et al).

They are about as reliable on such matters as a condemned man's opinion on the subject of capital punishment.

I do not trust them to provide objective data in any Left-vs-Right beauty contest.

Go back and find and serve-up some objective data along those lines, and maybe I (and a great many others) will give the findings a little more credence.

The CNN polls are conducted by ORC, which is independent.

CNN has a pretty darned solid polling record. It is considerably better than Rasmussen, Pulse or Gravis. Also decidedly better than Mason-Dixon or Insider Advantage.
I stand corrected, regarding the source of the poll, and retract what I said about its reliability.

I stand by my remarks, perceiving CNN of having morphed into a Leftist media outlet.

A little give, a little take.

The three big CNN end polls from 2012:

CO, Obama +2, Obama won by +5.4, CNN picked the winner, but was off to the RIGHT by 3.4 points.
FL, Romney +1, Obama won by +1, CNN missed the call in FL and was off by 2 points to the RIGHT.
OH, Obama +3, Obama won by +3, bullseye.

Statistikhengst s ELECTORAL POLITICS - 2015 and beyond End Polling Table - USA - alphabetical by pollster

Sometimes, the hourglass form helps to visualize this all better:

Statistikhengst s ELECTORAL POLITICS - 2015 and beyond End Polling Table - USA - hourglass form

Last edited:
CNN has long-since morphed into a Leftist media outlet (Anderson, Cuomo, et al).

They are about as reliable on such matters as a condemned man's opinion on the subject of capital punishment.

I do not trust them to provide objective data in any Left-vs-Right beauty contest, such as Trump vs. Sanders.

Go back and find and serve-up some objective data along those lines, and maybe I (and a great many others) will give the findings a little more credence.

lol, show us where and how the poll is biased.

I do not trust them to provide objective data in any Left-vs-Right beauty contest.

The CNN polls are conducted by ORC, which is independent.

CNN has a pretty darned solid polling record. It is considerably better than Rasmussen, Pulse or Gravis. Also decidedly better than Mason-Dixon or Insider Advantage.
I stand corrected, regarding the source of the poll, and retract what I said about its reliability.

I stand by my remarks, perceiving CNN of having morphed into a Leftist media outlet.

A little give, a little take.

Have you ever watched Cuomo?

CO, Obama +2, Obama won by +5.4, CNN picked the winner, but was off to the RIGHT by 3.4 points.
FL, Romney +1, Obama won by +1, CNN missed the call in FL and was off by 2 points to the RIGHT.

Statistikhengst s ELECTORAL POLITICS - 2015 and beyond End Polling Table - USA - alphabetical by pollster name
But you're talking the same year as the election
We're 16 months out
16 months out in the 08 election it was Hillary verses Rudy

Statistikhengst s ELECTORAL POLITICS - 2015 and beyond End Polling Table - USA - alphabetical by pollster name
But you're talking the same year as the election
We're 16 months out
16 months out in the 08 election it was Hillary verses Rudy

True, but in 2011 going into 2012, Obama's numbers were amazingly consistent, just as Hillary's numbers have been for the last 2.5 years.

And it's not as if CNN changes it's method right before a GE. It's numbers, as I have already indicated, are pretty darned good. Not as good as PPP or SUSA, but pretty good.

Has anyone else pulled up the poll? Because I did and maybe it's not loading right for me but I don't get the OP's contention that Sanders is leading Trump.

Not at all.

Hillary Clinton likewise kicks Trump's ass by a smaller yet still huge 16%.

this may be an indication that leading the party of crazies is much easier than leading in a general election.
2016 -- Conducted July 22-25 2016

Put up the methodology for the poll. All I can find is that they interviewed 898 registered voters.

That's not good enough. I want to know how many interviewed were D's, R's and Indy's.

Otherwise the poll means nothing.

tinydancer

CNN Sanders vs Trump.jpg

Forum List

Back