San Juan mayor: 'I am begging, begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying'

There are conflicting reports and the media is hyping reports..........perhaps the roads are open perhaps not........perhaps he got hardly anything and perhaps he's lying.........

It's hard to believe reports anymore.....some true and some BS.........I do know that our military, and FEMA are working their asses off trying to help as many people as they can..............around the clock.........

And they have been there since day 1. Are some areas better off than others........of course.......those closer the supply line aren't having the problem.......and perhaps the problem is they need to stop handing out so much there and move it further downstream............then the news will be.......look how FEMA ignores these people driving buy them with supplies.........as they take it to more needy areas down the road.

This hype in a disaster happens EVERY TIME.

I think the mayor of San Juan is way out of line

Trump is doing the best he can do and will do more after he is done fighting with the NFL and playing golf this weekend

Weak RW....c'mon.
Read the reports, we may very well be looking at another Katrina insofar as corrupt and inept local politics is stopping the aid. The aid is there, but not reaching the towns. NPR's own report contains local mayers and even truck drivers saying the roads are passable - yet the aid is still sitting. One government official had the GALL to state having to do paperwork manually is slowing down the process.
Nobody is saying it is not a daunting task

Trump doing a victory lap while people are suffering and dying from lack of food, water and medical attention is WAY out of line

Our president is clueless
Trump is praising those military and Federal Agencies doing their job there................Not gonna throw them under a bus when they are working their asses off.

That's a liberal agenda thing.

Our President is here. Not there.
Yes I noticed you did not address anything I said, like how town mayors are making the trip THEMSELVES to San Juan asking why no aid is reaching their areas - DRIVING ON THE VERY ROADS THE GOVERNOR is saying are blocked.
100's of full containers of food and water are sitting and no one is driving the containers because of "manual paperwork" and the government is trying to work with union drivers.
People are getting to San Juan...yet nothing is leaving San Juan.
Absolute bullshit. Once again corrupt politicians and inept morons are the only thing blocking the aid.

Trump is doing the best he can do and will do more after he is done fighting with the NFL and playing golf this weekend

Weak RW....c'mon.
Read the reports, we may very well be looking at another Katrina insofar as corrupt and inept local politics is stopping the aid. The aid is there, but not reaching the towns. NPR's own report contains local mayers and even truck drivers saying the roads are passable - yet the aid is still sitting. One government official had the GALL to state having to do paperwork manually is slowing down the process.

Trump doing a victory lap while people are suffering and dying from lack of food, water and medical attention is WAY out of line

Trump is praising those military and Federal Agencies doing their job there................Not gonna throw them under a bus when they are working their asses off.

Trump is clueless

It is more about protecting himself from criticism and deflecting the blame. It is not my fault....it is an ISLAND, islands are surrounded by water, big water, ocean water......if I could drive, I could save more people

By all means complement the emergency responders. But people are suffering and dying

Not time for .....You are doing a heck'uva job Brownie

Is this guy...........
170926110151-puerto-rico-governor-rossello-new-day-full-169.jpg

LIKE THIS GUY?..........

usa-neworleans-mayor.jpg

Trump is clueless

It is more about protecting himself from criticism and deflecting the blame. It is not my fault....it is an ISLAND, islands are surrounded by water, big water, ocean water......if I could drive, I could save more people

By all means complement the emergency responders. But people are suffering and dying

Yes, I noticed again all you do is respond with rhetorical chatter. No response to the facts...just...Trump is bad...so bad...very bad.

Trump is clueless

Trump is the modern age Oskar Schindler.

Yes I noticed you did not address anything I said, like how town mayors are making the trip THEMSELVES to San Juan asking why no aid is reaching their areas - DRIVING ON THE VERY ROADS THE GOVERNOR is saying are blocked.
100's of full containers of food and water are sitting and no one is driving the containers because of "manual paperwork" and the government is trying to work with union drivers.
Absolute bullshit. Once again corrupt politicians and inept morons are the only thing blocking the aid.
Again the logistics are daunting

Trump is claiming victory while people have no food or water

Trump is a leader.....he needs to lead, not make excuses

Trump is clueless

Yes, I noticed again all you do is respond with rhetorical chatter. No response to the facts...just...Trump is bad...so bad...very bad.
No...Trump is STUPID....so stupid....very stupid

Dont use the Presidential pulpit to criticize flag etiquette while people are suffering
Don't claim victory, and pat yourself on the back
Don't take the weekend off to play golf

Weak RW....c'mon.

Trump is clueless

STFU You are a known POLITICAL LEFT WING HACK................PERIOD.....

And you will use any damned excuse to attack Trump for any dang reason.......

Full Amphib battlegroup there the day after and 7000 Feds on the ground when it hit.............and you still bitch and moan about the response........he didn't do enough.

That battlegroup left on August 31st before the 1st dang storm.....for IRMA.........

There was a hell of a lot of assets down there you political hack.........

yet I am including to you facts presented by not Fox News...but NPR...that the roads the governor is claiming is blocked are being used everyday by people going to get the aid themselves. And the only actual reason the man in charge can give is, and I quote - "having to do paperwork manually is slowing the process"...and "we are working wit the unions".

That is the only thing here that is inexcusable.
Sound bytes from Trump pales to compare to what is happening on the ground.
More rhetorical chatter to respond?

He's praising their efforts and moving more into the area.........They have done a hell of a job given the magnitude of the storm and damage.........while dealing with other damaged areas as well.

You would bitch and moan if we sent a dang thousands ships down there...............

It's what you do...........

`
`

Beyond the hyperbolic trash being shoveled by the MSM and the melodramatic pleas of the mayor, there are a few pragmatic points that need to be brought here.

1) The Puerto Rican debt crises is a separate issue from from the hurricane disaster.

2) The complete lack of planning and malfeasance, if not criminality, of Puerto Rican elected officials, contributed greatly to this disaster and cannot be overstated.

3) Trumps brainless tweets are being overshadowed by the MSM, at the risk misinforming the public as to the real amount of aid getting through.​

`
The 'elected officials' in PR are virtually 100% corrupt DEMS!!!!!!!!
These LIB assholes have been pretending they are the government of some tiny African nation with 'tribal chefs' with lifetime positions which are passed on to their kids.
Same as the PR mayor.
Check out HER family history!

Puerto Rico has had an eternity to prepare for this and, in spite of mounting a $70 BILLION debt, did NOTHING to safefuard their power grid. That's on them, not Trump.

Puerto Rico got hit by TWO Cat 5 hurricanes in a ten day span

Hurricane Sandy was a Cat 1 hurricane and it whiped out the power grid on the east coast for over a week

Which changes none of what I wrote.

Does anybody care about these Americans? I posted a thread the other day about money lenders trying to loan shark Puerto Rico in their desperation even though they should be getting swift and efficient disaster relief. People were more interested in having a discussion about the NFL I guess.

San Juan mayor: 'I am begging, begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying'

The mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico, sharply rebuked the Trump administration's efforts to aid the island in the wake of Hurricane Maria, and delivered an emotional plea to "anyone who can hear us to save us all."

"I will do what I never thought I was going to do. I am begging, begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying. If anybody out there is listening to us, we are dying, and you are killing us with the inefficiency," Carmen Yulín Cruz said on Friday.

Cruz's plea comes as Puerto Ricans struggle to recover from the devastating impacts of Maria, after the storm slammed into the island nine days ago, leaving its millions of residents without power.

Aid has been slow to arrive to residents on the island, who are in increasingly dire need of food, water and medicine.
Jesus...this mayor dramatic much?
Riding 'The Cotton Pony'?

The reason why Trump is failing on the assistance to Puerto Rico is not the actual response by the Federal Government. Most of the delays are logistical due to damaged roads and lack of people to deliver supplies, and because of the Jones Act which he had nothing to do with.

He is failing through his words and personal response to the issue...barely addressing the problem, and when addressing it, repeatedly bringing up the debt and the bad infrastructure.

And he is also failing by his seeming lack of interest in Puerto Rico while focusing on the NFL, a truly trivial matter when compared to people dying. People in the rural parts of Puerto Rico are drinking from streams and getting cholera. Is this less concerning than football players kneeling during the anthem? Apparently it is to Trump.

And regarding the logistics...why can't airdrops be made to the more rural areas?

There were. All planned in advance. This is bullshit. And I'm fucking sick to death of liberal whack jobs trying to turn this into a Katrina. By the way Katriana's disaster was never Bushes fault but the fucking Democrats in charge of the state and Ashole Nagin in New Orleans.

I'm not trying to pin this on Trump. I really don't care about that. It's my opinion though that the response to Puerto Rico was less than adequate. Maybe I am overreacting because I have family over there. Really all I'm trying to do is bring more attention to this issue. These people need help and there isn't enough discussion about it.
You're a typical LIB with the attention span of a child!
The PR mayor is a radical LIB and a well known Trump hater.
NO amount of aid will be enough for her.
THOUSANDS of aid workers are in PR NOW working 24/7 to help. Only 20% of the PR truck drivers are showing up to drive aid to remote parts of PR. The NG has taken over the truck driving shortfall.

The American left has a welfare, entitlement attitude. Someone else is responsible for them and their shitty choices. Their power grid was due for a massive upgrade a half-century ago but, somehow, I suspect we're going to get stuck with the bill AND have to partially bail them out of their $70 BILLION deficit.

Does anybody care about these Americans? I posted a thread the other day about money lenders trying to loan shark Puerto Rico in their desperation even though they should be getting swift and efficient disaster relief. People were more interested in having a discussion about the NFL I guess.

The mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico, sharply rebuked the Trump administration's efforts to aid the island in the wake of Hurricane Maria, and delivered an emotional plea to "anyone who can hear us to save us all."

"I will do what I never thought I was going to do. I am begging, begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying. If anybody out there is listening to us, we are dying, and you are killing us with the inefficiency," Carmen Yulín Cruz said on Friday.

Cruz's plea comes as Puerto Ricans struggle to recover from the devastating impacts of Maria, after the storm slammed into the island nine days ago, leaving its millions of residents without power.

Aid has been slow to arrive to residents on the island, who are in increasingly dire need of food, water and medicine.
Jesus...this mayor dramatic much?
Riding 'The Cotton Pony'?
You have attempted to communicate using an antiquated or unfamiliar phrase.
Please adjust your comment if you wish to continue communication.

The reason why Trump is failing on the assistance to Puerto Rico is not the actual response by the Federal Government. Most of the delays are logistical due to damaged roads and lack of people to deliver supplies, and because of the Jones Act which he had nothing to do with.

He is failing through his words and personal response to the issue...barely addressing the problem, and when addressing it, repeatedly bringing up the debt and the bad infrastructure.

And he is also failing by his seeming lack of interest in Puerto Rico while focusing on the NFL, a truly trivial matter when compared to people dying. People in the rural parts of Puerto Rico are drinking from streams and getting cholera. Is this less concerning than football players kneeling during the anthem? Apparently it is to Trump.

And regarding the logistics...why can't airdrops be made to the more rural areas?
Sigh...................I give up

They are airlifting supplies to rural areas around the clock..............

Forum List

Back