San Juan mayor: 'I am begging, begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying'

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Does anybody care about these Americans? I posted a thread the other day about money lenders trying to loan shark Puerto Rico in their desperation even though they should be getting swift and efficient disaster relief. People were more interested in having a discussion about the NFL I guess.

San Juan mayor: 'I am begging, begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying'

The mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico, sharply rebuked the Trump administration's efforts to aid the island in the wake of Hurricane Maria, and delivered an emotional plea to "anyone who can hear us to save us all."

"I will do what I never thought I was going to do. I am begging, begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying. If anybody out there is listening to us, we are dying, and you are killing us with the inefficiency," Carmen Yulín Cruz said on Friday.

Cruz's plea comes as Puerto Ricans struggle to recover from the devastating impacts of Maria, after the storm slammed into the island nine days ago, leaving its millions of residents without power.

Aid has been slow to arrive to residents on the island, who are in increasingly dire need of food, water and medicine.

Does anybody care about these Americans? I posted a thread the other day about money lenders trying to loan shark Puerto Rico in their desperation even though they should be getting swift and efficient disaster relief. People were more interested in having a discussion about the NFL I guess.

The mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico, sharply rebuked the Trump administration's efforts to aid the island in the wake of Hurricane Maria, and delivered an emotional plea to "anyone who can hear us to save us all."

"I will do what I never thought I was going to do. I am begging, begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying. If anybody out there is listening to us, we are dying, and you are killing us with the inefficiency," Carmen Yulín Cruz said on Friday.

Cruz's plea comes as Puerto Ricans struggle to recover from the devastating impacts of Maria, after the storm slammed into the island nine days ago, leaving its millions of residents without power.

Aid has been slow to arrive to residents on the island, who are in increasingly dire need of food, water and medicine.

Hmmm; is she another Nagin?

Clarence Ray Nagin Jr., also known as C. Ray Nagin (born June 11, 1956), is an American former politician and businessman who served as the 60th mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana, from 2002 to 2010. A Democrat, Nagin became internationally known in 2005 in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Nagin was first elected as mayor in March 2002.[1] He was re-elected in 2006 when the election was held with at least two-thirds of New Orleans citizens still displaced after Katrina struck. Term-limited by law, he left office on May 3, 2010.

After leaving office, Nagin founded CRN Initiatives LLC, a firm that focuses on emergency preparedness, green energy product development, publishing, and public speaking. He wrote and self-published Katrina Secrets: Storms after the Storms.[2]

In 2014, Nagin was convicted on twenty of twenty-one charges of wire fraud, bribery, and money laundering related to bribes from city contractors before and after Katrina[3][4][5][6] and was sentenced to ten years in federal prison.[7][8]

If I was he I would use my own State(territory) Gov to get their finger out. From what I can gather the relief is ramping up quite quickly.

Greg

• Banned
A large amount of aid should have already been there by now. It should have been prepared before the hurricane hit and mobilized the moment it passed. It wasn't until days AFTER the hurricane that any efforts began. We have all but completely failed our fellow Americans in Puerto Rico. People are running out of water and dying in hospitals that are running out of gas to run their generators.

Last edited:

Yet the Governor is saying POTUS is doing everything possible

-Geaux

A large amount of aid should have already have been there by now. It should have been prepared before the hurricane hit and mobilized the moment it passed. It wasn't until days AFTER the hurricane that any efforts began. We have all but completely failed our fellow Americans in Puerto Rico. People are running out of water and dying in hospitals that are running out of gas to run their generators.

You do know three Hurricanes hit different regions of the U.S. that were devastating.

Harvey, Irma, and Maria have stretched the resources thin and recovery and aid will be a little slower.

A large amount of aid should have already been there by now. It should have been prepared before the hurricane hit and mobilized the moment it passed. It wasn't until days AFTER the hurricane that any efforts began. We have all but completely failed our fellow Americans in Puerto Rico. People are running out of water and dying in hospitals that are running out of gas to run their generators.

Not so

-Geaux

• Banned
You do know three Hurricanes hit different regions of the U.S. that were devastating.

Harvey, Irma, and Maria have stretched the resources thin and recovery and aid will be a little slower.

We could and should have had preparations in place before the disaster happened. People are dying for poor planning.

Oh, and there's this...

The Media Really Has Neglected Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico has had an eternity to prepare for this and, in spite of mounting a $70 BILLION debt, did NOTHING to safefuard their power grid. That's on them, not Trump.

The media has not neglected the PR. Had Maria happen before Harvey and Irma then all eyes would be on the PR but it was the third Hurricane in a month that ravaged parts of our country.

Resources are thin because Harvey set records in Texas, Irma ravaged Florida and Maria just came when many areas were recovering.

Imagine three major hurricanes in one month and you want everything done yesterday.

Also can not have the personnel or the supplies in the path of the hurricane and it take time to clear the roads to get supplies moving.

I went through Harvey and had it not been for the Cajun Navy many would have died.

So it is time for the common man to act while waiting for the government.

Seriously what the fuck is this shit.FEMA and other agencies have been on the ground since it was safe after Maria cleared out and have been working 24 mother fucking 7 round the clock. Last I checked there were close to an army of 10,000 aid and rescue personel.

We could and should have had preparations in place before the disaster happened. People are dying for poor planning.

Oh, and there's this...

There were. All planned in advance. This is bullshit. And I'm fucking sick to death of liberal whack jobs trying to turn this into a Katrina. By the way Katriana's disaster was never Bushes fault but the fucking Democrats in charge of the state and Ashole Nagin in New Orleans.

Puerto Rico has had an eternity to prepare for this and, in spite of mounting a $70 BILLION debt, did NOTHING to safefuard their power grid. That's on them, not Trump.

Um, Trump is the guy who claims to be this brilliant leader...

But this is a major league fail on his part.

Seriously fuck you. If you go to the FEMA website you can get up to date on the indepth reporting of the work that they and co ordinating agencies are doing. When you slag Trump you slag these amazing rescue and aid workers.By all means continue and show us what type of asshole you are.

There were. All planned in advance. This is bullshit. And I'm fucking sick to death of liberal whack jobs trying to turn this into a Katrina. By the way Katriana's disaster was never Bushes fault but the fucking Democrats in charge of the state and Ashole Nagin in New Orleans.

I'm not trying to pin this on Trump. I really don't care about that. It's my opinion though that the response to Puerto Rico was less than adequate. Maybe I am overreacting because I have family over there. Really all I'm trying to do is bring more attention to this issue. These people need help and there isn't enough discussion about it.

Oh, and there's this...

By the way you whining asshole, before Maria had made landfall the preparations were in place and Trump who had co ordinated with his agencies had released federal funding before the wind even picked up more than a breeze.

People considered it 'Acceptable Risk" to live there. Now they are dealing with the consequence of their decision

-Geaux

Oh, and there's this...

I know what happen during Katrina and Blanco biggest concern was what color shoes she should wear while her people were suffering.

The PR is a third world region with outdated infrastructure that has been an issue for decades and the left want something done yesterday while forgetting that Texas and Florida were hit by hurricanes.

It take time but alas everyone knows better so why the hell are those complaining not doing more to help?

Two Navy ships, Marine unit stand by for Irma relief

Departed August 31 from Norfolk Virginia was in the U.S. Virgin Islands before Maria hit. Was forced to leave because of Maria..........sent to Puerto Rico and was there as soon as the storm passed. Had 2 LPD's and 2 USNS supply ships.......USS Wasp was turned around from deployment overseas..came into area to assist. CVN 72 was stationed off of Florida for Hurricane Relief. Abraham Lincoln.

National Guard from across the country has been flying in supplies around the clock as soon as the runways were open.

FEMA and the CORP OF ENGINEERS were there when the storm hit. 7000 personnel with equipment as they were already in relief effort of the US Virgin Islands.

Coast Guard sent 7 ships and conducting rescue operations.......were already conducting missions for other Islands.............

Medical Staff and units from the U.S. Army sent.
Airforce flying C130s into the area

A lot of this stuff was in place before the storm hit.

This has got to be a matter of rural areas that are having to be flown in supplies via helicopter......but the National Guard was loading Helicopters onto C130s as well increasing the number supplies increased.

To top it off the lady making the plea was standing in front of a warehouse full of supplies and are only a few miles from the heart of San Juan.............

This doesn't make sense.

Does anybody care about these Americans?
Ummm...YES.

Help is there.

Help has been there.

The military has been clearing ports, runways, riads, bringing in supplies, getting people out...

Cruise ships gave been coming in, bringing people on-board, feeding them, giving supplies...

The place was hammered by a hurricane. They have no power and may not for a month.

It is going to take time. This is not going to be resolved in a week. Their is mass devastation.

But, again, yes - people do care and ate working to help.

Maybe the millionaire game-playing kneelers should take a week off, go to Puerto Rico, and work side-by-side with the military to help these people...

Mayor Cruz had positive comment concerning Trump. It is pretty clear that the cavalier attitude of Homeland Security Secretary Elaine Duke whose statement about federal response being "a good news story" that really set Cruz off.

Forum List

Back