San Juan mayor: 'I am begging, begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying'

Our president is clueless

Our President is here. Not there.
Yes I noticed you did not address anything I said, like how town mayors are making the trip THEMSELVES to San Juan asking why no aid is reaching their areas - DRIVING ON THE VERY ROADS THE GOVERNOR is saying are blocked.
100's of full containers of food and water are sitting and no one is driving the containers because of "manual paperwork" and the government is trying to work with union drivers.
People are getting to San Juan...yet nothing is leaving San Juan.
Absolute bullshit. Once again corrupt politicians and inept morons are the only thing blocking the aid.
Again the logistics are daunting

Trump is claiming victory while people have no food or water

Trump is a leader.....he needs to lead, not make excuses

The reason why Trump is failing on the assistance to Puerto Rico is not the actual response by the Federal Government. Most of the delays are logistical due to damaged roads and lack of people to deliver supplies, and because of the Jones Act which he had nothing to do with.

He is failing through his words and personal response to the issue...barely addressing the problem, and when addressing it, repeatedly bringing up the debt and the bad infrastructure.

And he is also failing by his seeming lack of interest in Puerto Rico while focusing on the NFL, a truly trivial matter when compared to people dying. People in the rural parts of Puerto Rico are drinking from streams and getting cholera. Is this less concerning than football players kneeling during the anthem? Apparently it is to Trump.

And regarding the logistics...why can't airdrops be made to the more rural areas?
Sigh...................I give up

They are airlifting supplies to rural areas around the clock..............

You should give up, because there is no argument that can make Trump's personal response and actions look appropriate.

And thank you for letting me know about the airlifting.

Does anybody care about these Americans? I posted a thread the other day about money lenders trying to loan shark Puerto Rico in their desperation even though they should be getting swift and efficient disaster relief. People were more interested in having a discussion about the NFL I guess.

San Juan mayor: 'I am begging, begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying'

The mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico, sharply rebuked the Trump administration's efforts to aid the island in the wake of Hurricane Maria, and delivered an emotional plea to "anyone who can hear us to save us all."

"I will do what I never thought I was going to do. I am begging, begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying. If anybody out there is listening to us, we are dying, and you are killing us with the inefficiency," Carmen Yulín Cruz said on Friday.

Cruz's plea comes as Puerto Ricans struggle to recover from the devastating impacts of Maria, after the storm slammed into the island nine days ago, leaving its millions of residents without power.

Aid has been slow to arrive to residents on the island, who are in increasingly dire need of food, water and medicine.
Jesus...this mayor dramatic much?
Riding 'The Cotton Pony'?
You have attempted to communicate using an antiquated or unfamiliar phrase.
Please adjust your comment if you wish to continue communication.
How's this response: Shove it up your ass!
Permanent Ignore.

Our president is clueless

Our President is here. Not there.
Yes I noticed you did not address anything I said, like how town mayors are making the trip THEMSELVES to San Juan asking why no aid is reaching their areas - DRIVING ON THE VERY ROADS THE GOVERNOR is saying are blocked.
100's of full containers of food and water are sitting and no one is driving the containers because of "manual paperwork" and the government is trying to work with union drivers.
People are getting to San Juan...yet nothing is leaving San Juan.
Absolute bullshit. Once again corrupt politicians and inept morons are the only thing blocking the aid.
Again the logistics are daunting

Trump is claiming victory while people have no food or water

Trump is a leader.....he needs to lead, not make excuses

The reason why Trump is failing on the assistance to Puerto Rico is not the actual response by the Federal Government. Most of the delays are logistical due to damaged roads and lack of people to deliver supplies, and because of the Jones Act which he had nothing to do with.

He is failing through his words and personal response to the issue...barely addressing the problem, and when addressing it, repeatedly bringing up the debt and the bad infrastructure.

And he is also failing by his seeming lack of interest in Puerto Rico while focusing on the NFL, a truly trivial matter when compared to people dying. People in the rural parts of Puerto Rico are drinking from streams and getting cholera. Is this less concerning than football players kneeling during the anthem? Apparently it is to Trump.

And regarding the logistics...why can't airdrops be made to the more rural areas?
Agree

Trump was late coming to the party and is now proclaiming himself Queen of the ball

Does anybody care about these Americans? I posted a thread the other day about money lenders trying to loan shark Puerto Rico in their desperation even though they should be getting swift and efficient disaster relief. People were more interested in having a discussion about the NFL I guess.

The mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico, sharply rebuked the Trump administration's efforts to aid the island in the wake of Hurricane Maria, and delivered an emotional plea to "anyone who can hear us to save us all."

"I will do what I never thought I was going to do. I am begging, begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying. If anybody out there is listening to us, we are dying, and you are killing us with the inefficiency," Carmen Yulín Cruz said on Friday.

Cruz's plea comes as Puerto Ricans struggle to recover from the devastating impacts of Maria, after the storm slammed into the island nine days ago, leaving its millions of residents without power.

Aid has been slow to arrive to residents on the island, who are in increasingly dire need of food, water and medicine.
Jesus...this mayor dramatic much?
Riding 'The Cotton Pony'?
Please adjust your comment if you wish to continue communication.
Permanent Ignore.
Another pussy running to ignore

The US military had hit the ground as soon as it was safe to do so.

The USAF has 24/7 ground operations in effect.

Restoring communications, clearing runways and making efforts to clear the way for shipments of supplies, food and other commodities to assist them.

The Navy has been sending ships full of supplies.

He is full of shit if he is says the US is disregarding these people.

What is he accomplishing besides bitching?

Gullible liars.

But let's bash Trump.

A large amount of aid should have already been there by now. It should have been prepared before the hurricane hit and mobilized the moment it passed. It wasn't until days AFTER the hurricane that any efforts began. We have all but completely failed our fellow Americans in Puerto Rico. People are running out of water and dying in hospitals that are running out of gas to run their generators.

A large amount of aid is there. Getting it there hasn't been the issue. The entire island has one functioning shipping port at the moment so getting the aid dispersed throughout the island has been the issue.

The time to have prevented Puerto Ricans from dying is by not have elected that incompetent asshole mayor. Kind of like a lot of lives would have been saved in New Orleans if that incompetent Democrat Mayor and idiot Democrat Governor had not been in charge of emergency preparedness.

Puerto Rico has had an eternity to prepare for this and, in spite of mounting a $70 BILLION debt, did NOTHING to safefuard their power grid. That's on them, not Trump.

Um, Trump is the guy who claims to be this brilliant leader...

But this is a major league fail on his part.
Fail.

Lying idiot.

Do your research before responding moron.

There were. All planned in advance. This is bullshit. And I'm fucking sick to death of liberal whack jobs trying to turn this into a Katrina. By the way Katriana's disaster was never Bushes fault but the fucking Democrats in charge of the state and Ashole Nagin in New Orleans.

I'm not trying to pin this on Trump. I really don't care about that. It's my opinion though that the response to Puerto Rico was less than adequate. Maybe I am overreacting because I have family over there. Really all I'm trying to do is bring more attention to this issue. These people need help and there isn't enough discussion about it.
Discussing it and responding to it are 2 different things.

The US has been ramping up efforts since day one.

A large amount of aid should have already been there by now. It should have been prepared before the hurricane hit and mobilized the moment it passed. It wasn't until days AFTER the hurricane that any efforts began. We have all but completely failed our fellow Americans in Puerto Rico. People are running out of water and dying in hospitals that are running out of gas to run their generators.

A large amount of aid is there. Getting it there hasn't been the issue. The entire island has one functioning shipping port at the moment so getting the aid dispersed throughout the island has been the issue.

I wonder if they're using amphibious landing craft to bring supplies in too.

The time to have prevented Puerto Ricans from dying is by not have elected that incompetent asshole mayor. Kind of like a lot of lives would have been saved in New Orleans if that incompetent Democrat Mayor and idiot Democrat Governor had not been in charge of emergency preparedness.
Mayor Nagan had no problem blaming Bush until it turned out that the mayor was stealing the city blind. At least he's in prison for his crimes.

Aid went to Puerto Rico as soon as the hurricane permitted. Reality being what it is, aid could not reach everyone equally fast. Sadly, Puerto Ricans being what they are, preferred demanding to be taken care of instead of driving the trucks to distribute the aid. We had to not only provide the aid, but the military had to send in truck drivers to make up for the population that showed how they earned the term "lazy Puerto Rican ".

He has already sending help by removing the Jones act letting anyone to bring supplies by ship. Only reason why it took so long. That the Island was so in a mess that no one couldn't even come ashore. All roads are cluttered with debris and trees.No way for anyone to travel from point A to B. Airports were shut down because of the mess. The only way to get their and bring supplies, that if you own a fleet of helicopters that can carried bulldozers and other earth moving equipment. And so the Mayor should of have all the people to clear the trees and debris from off the roads and landing areas and ports. instead of crying on the phone all day for help. That cannot do any good at all.

Aid has been slow to arrive to residents on the island, who are in increasingly dire need of food, water and medicine.[/QUOTE]
Jesus...this mayor dramatic much?[/QUOTE]
Riding 'The Cotton Pony'?[/QUOTE]
Please adjust your comment if you wish to continue communication.[/QUOTE]
Permanent Ignore.[/QUOTE]

dog smile.jpg

No emergency plan, no evacuation plan just fun in the sun in San Juan. They would have had a handy battalion of U.S. Marines but Puerto Rico kicked them out of the training base at Vieques a couple of years ago. The Clinton Foundation was very visible in Haiti, what happened?

Mayor Nagan had no problem blaming Bush until it turned out that the mayor was stealing the city blind. At least he's in prison for his crimes.

Aid went to Puerto Rico as soon as the hurricane permitted. Reality being what it is, aid could not reach everyone equally fast. Sadly, Puerto Ricans being what they are, preferred demanding to be taken care of instead of driving the trucks to distribute the aid. We had to not only provide the aid, but the military had to send in truck drivers to make up for the population that showed how they earned the term "lazy Puerto Rican ".

Exactly.

Democrats always try to blame other people for their failures. Look what Obama blaming Bush for eight years for his failures as an example.

Most of the value of emergency preparedness is on the state and local level. The Federal government only gets involved after the disaster has already occurred. The Democrat leadership of New Orleans and Louisiana failed the people big time with Katrina.

Texas and Florida both were well prepared to deal with Irma and Harvey. That filthy Puerto Rica welfare state was not prepared at all and they are suffering the consequences.

Trump is doing a great job helping to shore up what the local corrupt assholes didn't fix themselves . However, maybe next time the Puerto Ricans go to the polls they need to remember how they were failed by the stupid Left in their government.

Liberals always screw up everything and this disaster in Puerto Rico, just like in New Orleans, is a great example.

Exactly.

Democrats always try to blame other people for their failures. Look what Obama blaming Bush for eight years for his failures as an example.

Most of the value of emergency preparedness is on the state and local level. The Federal government only gets involved after the disaster has already occurred. The Democrat leadership of New Orleans and Louisiana failed the people big time with Katrina.

Texas and Florida both were well prepared to deal with Irma and Harvey. That filthy Puerto Rica welfare state was not prepared at all and they are suffering the consequences.

Trump is doing a great job helping to shore up what the local corrupt assholes didn't fix themselves . However, maybe next time the Puerto Ricans go to the polls they need to remember how they were failed by the stupid Left in their government.

Liberals always screw up everything and this disaster in Puerto Rico, just like in New Orleans, is a great example.
And the Mayor will be re-elected in a landslide

Seriously fuck you. If you go to the FEMA website you can get up to date on the indepth reporting of the work that they and co ordinating agencies are doing. When you slag Trump you slag these amazing rescue and aid workers.By all means continue and show us what type of asshole you are.

Naw, I'm slagging Trump because he put people in charge who weren't ready for this disaster.

Oh, today he was badmouthing the Mayor of San Juan. Because that's the kind of classy guy the Orange Shitgibbon is.

This is Trump's game, he is holding back to allow Puerto Rico to suffer so bankers can give them loans for exhorbitant rates rather than the US send relief aid.

And all the people around Trump and all the dimwits that voted for him will claim they are Christians. They aren't.

Forum List

Back