San Francisco Compared to Some of the Dirtiest Slums in the World

Show us any city anywhere that doesn’t have its good areas and its crime ridden slums.

The neighborhood used in the article in the OP is the worst neighborhood in San Francisco - it's SF's skid row, full of junkies living in boarding houses. The article is correct, that neighborhood is disgusting.

But if you walk three blocks north from the streets "surveyed" in the article, you're in a neighborhood where a 1-bedroom condo will cost you close to a million dollars. There's no shit on the street there. Same if you walk 3 blocks west, or 3 blocks east.
we have similar areas in my city --not prices--but very nice areas [ some of the best ] near some of the worst

This is the Tenderloin:

7J7C9263-copy-450x300.jpg

If you walk 3 blocks north of the Tenderloin, you're in Nob Hill. It looks like this:

by_Joe_Parks_10078504093_1cf7deae3c_c-768x512.jpg

If you walk 3 blocks west, you're in Hayes Valley. It looks like this:

HayesValley.jpg

If you walk 3 blocks east, you're Downtown. It looks like this:

1.jpg

Those "slums" have the highest percent of democratic voters

:lol:

There are no neighborhoods in San Francisco that don't have a high percentage of democratic voters.

Actually those neighborhoods probably have the lowest percentage of voters- those voters that are there are largely Democrats but I would speculate we would be looking at probably the lowest percentage of voters in the entire city.

The neighborhood used in the article in the OP is the worst neighborhood in San Francisco - it's SF's skid row, full of junkies living in boarding houses. The article is correct, that neighborhood is disgusting.

But if you walk three blocks north from the streets "surveyed" in the article, you're in a neighborhood where a 1-bedroom condo will cost you close to a million dollars. There's no shit on the street there. Same if you walk 3 blocks west, or 3 blocks east.

Which make you wonder, "Why does San Francisco even have a 'Skid Row'"?

In SanFran, the homeless vote straight Democrat even when they don't get to the booth to vote. Voter ID would make the Mayor race competitive, because, really, who the fuck wants to live in a Democrat shit hole?

we have similar areas in my city --not prices--but very nice areas [ some of the best ] near some of the worst

This is the Tenderloin:

7J7C9263-copy-450x300.jpg

If you walk 3 blocks north of the Tenderloin, you're in Nob Hill. It looks like this:

by_Joe_Parks_10078504093_1cf7deae3c_c-768x512.jpg

If you walk 3 blocks west, you're in Hayes Valley. It looks like this:

HayesValley.jpg

If you walk 3 blocks east, you're Downtown. It looks like this:

1.jpg

I appreciate your input. Most of the people commenting on San Francisco frankly know almost nothing about San Francisco.

Certainly we have our problems here- I am not aware of any large city that doesn't have problems.

But one of our biggest problems is that we have so many people who want to live here- which is driving up both rental costs and home purchases. Which makes me chuckle sometimes at the ignorant posts about how 'horrible' San Francisco is- apparently all of those people moving here and trying to move here don't know about it.

There are very, very few places in San Francisco I am not comfortable going day or night. Some parts of the Tenderloin are areas I prefer not to go at night, but have no problem going during the day.

Which make you wonder, "Why does San Francisco even have a 'Skid Row'"?

Well we have always had a "Skid Row". Just generally we had fewer homeless before because the bums- the alcoholics and addicts- could generally afford to live in the dumps in the Tenderloin before- but the costs are going up even there.

I am guessing you are asking why we even have this problem?

Is there any city that doesn't have some area of the city that is 'less desirable'? Some area of the city where the least fortunate congregate in the cheapest, slumiest housing?

In SanFran, the homeless vote straight Democrat even when they don't get to the booth to vote. Voter ID would make the Mayor race competitive, because, really, who the fuck wants to live in a Democrat shit hole?

Ah Frankie, once more displaying the vast ignorance and idiocy that he is famous four.

pelosi.png

Shows what kind of people elect a person of Nancy's caliber.

San Francisco sounds nice, except for the “dangerous mix of drug needles, garbage, and feces across a 153-block stretch of downtown”:
Oh, and it gets worse:
As the Investigative Unit photographed nearly a dozen hypodermic needles scattered across one block, a group of preschool students happened to walk by on their way to an afternoon field trip to citiy hall.
“We see poop, we see pee, we see needles, and we see trash,” said teacher Adelita Orellana. “Sometimes they ask what is it, and that’s a conversation that’s a little difficult to have with a 2-year old, but we just let them know that those things are full of germs, that they are dangerous, and they should never be touched.”

NBC affiliate investigation into filth on the streets of San Francisco will make you VOMIT

Last edited:
You may also see highly educated people living in very expensive vintage houses with a great view.

Well golly, that makes everything else okay! Highly educated people in very expensive vintage houses with great views AND human feces on the sidewalk along with used needles, urine, and garbage? SIGN ME UP!

You may also see highly educated people living in very expensive vintage houses with a great view.

Well golly, that makes everything else okay! Highly educated people in very expensive vintage houses with great views AND human feces on the sidewalk along with used needles, urine, and garbage? SIGN ME UP!

There's shitty parts of every city. This "shit survey" was done exclusively in the worst neighborhood in the city.

Go 3 blocks in any direction, and you're in some of the most beautiful neighborhoods you've ever seen.

There's shitty parts of every city. This "shit survey" was done exclusively in the worst neighborhood in the city.

Go 3 blocks in any direction, and you're in some of the most beautiful neighborhoods you've ever seen.

I've been there, I'm familiar.

Forum List

Back