San Francisco Compared to Some of the Dirtiest Slums in the World

Ah, San Francisco...that shinning liberal cesspool on the hill.

Lefty lunatics in charge of the asylum and now the streets have to be sterilized against the filth left behind by jackasses who could care less about the city.

Those "slums" have the highest percent of democratic voters

The neighborhood used in the article in the OP is the worst neighborhood in San Francisco - it's SF's skid row, full of junkies living in boarding houses. The article is correct, that neighborhood is disgusting.

But if you walk three blocks north from the streets "surveyed" in the article, you're in a neighborhood where a 1-bedroom condo will cost you close to a million dollars. There's no shit on the street there. Same if you walk 3 blocks west, or 3 blocks east.

I've read more than once where NY city cleaned up some areas..it is better than it used to be in the 70s/etc
is San Fran really worse?? different than other cities with same or more population?

The neighborhood used in the article in the OP is the worst neighborhood in San Francisco - it's SF's skid row, full of junkies living in boarding houses. The article is correct, that neighborhood is disgusting.

But if you walk three blocks north from the streets "surveyed" in the article, you're in a neighborhood where a 1-bedroom condo will cost you close to a million dollars. There's no shit on the street there. Same if you walk 3 blocks west, or 3 blocks east.
we have similar areas in my city --not prices--but very nice areas [ some of the best ] near some of the worst

Downtown is full of bums where I live. There's this one tunnel under a bridge that's the "dumping zone". The nearby fountain is full of bleach, so they use that to wash up, at least. One could go through that tunnel, but I opt to go up and cross the street.

What would Karl Malden and Michael Douglas do?
hahaha good one...I've been watching some of those recently
find the killer/suspect with about 5 minutes left in the show--always

Not sure if best theme song ever, or the one from Mannix.
you just thought of a great thread! best theme songs

Do it up! :party:

My mind is on "Lobby your state reps to re-open Mental Institutions". :(

Downtown is full of bums where I live. There's this one tunnel under a bridge that's the "dumping zone". The nearby fountain is full of bleach, so they use that to wash up, at least. One could go through that tunnel, but I opt to go up and cross the street.
our downtown isn't ''full'' of crime, but it's not one of the safest
the crime is higher than some suburbs.....
does the population size matter?

Forum List

Back