Salam from Iran!

Great pic, Perham. Looks like a beautiful part of the country.

dorfak mountains in the north of Iran. the only place in the world that you can see sun rise and sun set over the sea on a mountain. it's even mentioned in the epic of gilgamesh.

dorfak mountains in the north of Iran. the only place in the world that you can see sun rise and sun set over the sea on a mountain. it's even mentioned in the epic of gilgamesh.

Wow!
I want to go to Bukhara someday. One of my friend's family is from their originally and they kept the family home.

Wow!
I want to go to Bukhara someday. One of my friend's family is from their originally and they kept the family home.

Perhaps not the city of Bukhara but the region of Bokharaie. It's his last name .

bukhara is in Uzbekistan today. however, it was a part of Iran before. we still have many "bukharaie" surnames in Iran.

dorfak.JPG

I'm the only one on the ground.

You look so normal. ;)

So we read "reading lolita in tehran" for book club last month and I thought when Nafisi left the country in like 1999 the women still had to wear the chador, when did that change? She also made it sound like internet or really a lot of tech was illegal, which they sort of say about China too (censorship) and some other places and I thought that was why there aren't a *lot* of middle easterners and etc on the internet, compared to yanks brits and europeans generally (and aussies).

So what gives?

Welcome.

So we read "reading lolita in tehran" for book club last month and I thought when Nafisi left the country in like 1999 the women still had to wear the chador, when did that change? She also made it sound like internet or really a lot of tech was illegal, which they sort of say about China too (censorship) and some other places and I thought that was why there aren't a *lot* of middle easterners and etc on the internet, compared to yanks brits and europeans generally (and aussies).

So what gives?

Welcome.

I'll be answering this question in this thread: http://www.usmessageboard.com/iran/65937-any-questions-about-iran.html
just to keep everything in place.

What time is it there?

Has Santa come yet? ;)

it's 6:22 am here. and I don't think Santa comes here. we don't have that much of Christians around, so it's not economically efficient for him to come. he sends the stuff by DHL.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Hi everyone,

political forum's atmosphere is getting tough, although I'm not a problem maker, but many of my friends has been banned form there or not posting there so much. so I decided to join here. I'm considered as a centerist, I'm a little leaning to right, I'm muslim, and I'm from Iran.

cheers!

Salam-laykum, welcome to the board.

the god of irony is smiling upon this thread, apparently.

Forum List

Back