Sadistic but harmless ways to mess with your pet

personal vehicles and rented condos for sure.

It really is this Tipper Gore arm of liberalism that makes me understand how a conservatives might feel about their right wing nutters.

Thankfully, ****s like anguille have yet to ban words that hurt their widdle feewings... though I'm sure such a ban would only indicate the will of a consumer market somehow.

Notice that she has yet to even TRY to provide evidence. It's the primary trait of such policy whores.

That's next.

I'm doubtful animals will ever get that kind of consideration. They are considered property, much as children are.

Children may one day merit the government's protection.

I'm doubtful animals will ever get that kind of consideration. They are considered property, much as children are.

Children may one day merit the government's protection.

They already get quite a bit of it.

Whatever happened to the evidence you were going to post?

They already get quite a bit of it.

Whatever happened to the evidence you were going to post?

Are you folks actually going to read it? Is it going to make you reconsider your position on the dangers of secondhand smoke? Have you never been presented with such evidence before?

As far as children and second hand smoke, I do think it's strange that adults are getting far more protection than kids are. And I think it has to do with people's ideas about property. Slave labor has been outlawed for some time. But rights to one's legal offspring still demonstrate and additude of prperty ownership.

But this is not the thread for this topic, This is the humor section.

Are you folks actually going to read it? Is it going to make you reconsider your position on the dangers of secondhand smoke? Have you never been presented with such evidence before?

As far as children and second hand smoke, I do think it's strange that adults are getting far more protection than kids are. And I think it has to do with people's ideas about property. Slave labor has been outlawed for some time. But rights to one's legal offspring still demonstrate and additude of prperty ownership.

Tell ya what dear, when you relieve parents of all responsibility, including monetary, for their children, then we can talk about the Government telling us parents what and how to raise and care for our children.

Tell ya what dear, when you relieve parents of all responsibility, including monetary, for their children, then we can talk about the Government telling us parents what and how to raise and care for our children.

I've always been for the kibbutz model of family living. The nuclear family model of 1 or 2 parents plus kids seems unatural when compared with traditional human societies and leaves children too vulnerable to parental abuse.
Parents today are already relieved of a good portion of their monetary responsabilities. Education, health care and many other child care services are provided by the government and paid for by taxes.
But just because you pay for a child's upkeep, it doesn't give you the right to poison it with cigarette smoke, any more than controlling a bartender's income by paying out his/ her tip stilll doesn't give anyone the right to expose them to second hand smoke. You can't buy the right to harm someone. That right does not exist .... dear.

Read it, yes? You've made me curious. I would like to see the evidence that second hand smoke is proven harmful.

But no, it won't make me reconsider my position. IMO, adults should be able to decide for themselves if they want to be around people that smoked. The last time I checked, children weren't allowed in bars anyway.

Read it, yes? You've made me curious. I would like to see the evidence that second hand smoke is proven harmful.

But no, it won't make me reconsider my position. IMO, adults should be able to decide for themselves if they want to be around people that smoked. The last time I checked, children weren't allowed in bars anyway.

I agree and disagree.

Bars are one thing....you don't want to breath smoke, don't go into a bar.

My first college...of course, smoking was banned inside. So they had a designated area for it. Unfortunately (for some reason) there was a large amount of smokers at the school I went to. They would stand at every entrance to a building and light up after every class. I could not avoid breathing in their smoke, I had no choice on places to go to avoid it, unless I happen to want to scale a two-story building and clime in through a window.
Sometimes I would come home, and my g/f would accuse me of smoking. I have lung disease and wouldn't think twice about it. Asking didn't help either. One of them flicked a cig. at me while another one blew a smoke ring in my face...shortly before having the cigarette knocked from his mouth. :)

Not everyone has a choice. A 5 year-old doesn't have a choice whether or not to breath that crap when his mother and father light up in the house. Not bashing smokers out there...but you're kids don't have a choice...

See the other thread. Children don't have to go to bars to be exposed to second hand smoke. Some children get enough of it in their homes and in cars. But did I have to point that out?

I think adults who want to be around other adults who smoke should be free to do so as long as they are not doing so in a place where others are endangered, including children and employees.

I agree and disagree.

Bars are one thing....you don't want to breath smoke, don't go into a bar.

My first college...of course, smoking was banned inside. So they had a designated area for it. Unfortunately (for some reason) there was a large amount of smokers at the school I went to. They would stand at every entrance to a building and light up after every class. I could not avoid breathing in their smoke, I had no choice on places to go to avoid it, unless I happen to want to scale a two-story building and clime in through a window.
Sometimes I would come home, and my g/f would accuse me of smoking. I have lung disease and wouldn't think twice about it. Asking didn't help either. One of them flicked a cig. at me while another one blew a smoke ring in my face...shortly before having the cigarette knocked from his mouth. :)

Not everyone has a choice. A 5 year-old doesn't have a choice whether or not to breath that crap when his mother and father light up in the house. Not bashing smokers out there...but you're kids don't have a choice...

I'm specifically talking about bars.

Hey, I hope I didn't blow smoke in your face. I have to admit, sometimes I take a pack of cigarettes and hang out at the entrance of bars and light one up after another and chuckle at the faces people make at me.

Other than that, I rarely go near a bar. No point.

See the other thread. Children don't have to go to bars to be exposed to second hand smoke. Some children get enough of it in their homes and in cars. But did I have to point that out?

I think adults who want to be around other adults who smoke should be free to do so as long as they are not doing so in a place where others are endangered, including children and employees.

I'll look at it tomorrow. Just chugged a cafe con leche and I'm too frazzled to think straight.

Don't forget...we are talking about bars and employees have the option of working at jobs that may be dangerous.

I'm specifically talking about bars.

Hey, I hope I didn't blow smoke in your face. I have to admit, sometimes I take a pack of cigarettes and hang out at the entrance of bars and light one up after another and chuckle at the faces people make at me.

Other than that, I rarely go near a bar. No point.

No, I've never had smoke blown in my fact at a bar.

First, I was usually outnumberd (Smokers to nonsmokers)
Two, I made a choice to go where I knew there was smoke.

I only get mad when smokers make it there life's ambition to piss off non-smokers by strategically positioning themselves in a place where alot of people have to walk. (Mostly the entrances at my old college).

What I don't like seeing is two little kids sitting at a table, and smoke hovering around them because both of the parents are smoking. Or seeing little kids in a smoking section of a restaurant.

I understand that smokers have the right to live the way they want, but this kind of goes back to the whole endangering a child deal. The parents that prayed and their kid died. If the people get charged for that, I see little difference in smokers who are blowing smoke in their kids faces.

I don't have proof that second-hand smoke is worse, but breathing smoke, no matter what kind it is, is bad for your lungs.

Oh, I agree about the kids. I'm talking about bars.

A place where kids are not.

Fair enough, I just thought I'd put my opinion out there.

One thing that I can relate to that, is that down here in Texas, you'd be suprised how many kids you see at bars and dance-halls. It'll amaze you...

I'll look at it tomorrow. Just chugged a cafe con leche and I'm too frazzled to think straight.

Don't forget...we are talking about bars and employees have the option of working at jobs that may be dangerous.

You drink coffee at 10:30 at night? Wow, you do live dangerously! I am impressed. Anyone who drinks coffee that late, smokes cigarettes and races alligators is worth debating!

I'm happy to limit this discussion of employee protections versus smoker's predilections. (Notice the catchy rhyme?)

But I do want to point out that in my state, children are not banned from bars. They are not allowed to sit within 7 feet of the bar itself but they are permitted to accompany an adult and to drink non alcoholic beverages. Children can often be found in bars here. Particularly in hotel bars and bars serving meals. And sadly, coming into bars to drag thier inebriated parents out.

I worked really late last night and needed to be awake to drive home.

Please don't expect any coherent dialog out of me today...not that it will be much different than usual ;) but I'm sleepy.

Though maybe I understand your point now. Let's limit the discussion to bars where children are not allowed.

I worked really late last night and needed to be awake to drive home.

Please don't expect any coherent dialog out of me today...not that it will be much different than usual ;) but I'm sleepy.

Though maybe I understand your point now. Let's limit the discussion to bars where children are not allowed.

That's fine with me. the smoking issue has so many facets, it's best to tackle each one at a time. We should also keep the thread humorous, being as this is the humor section. I even have a really bad cigarette/animal cruelty joke to offer that I heard years and years ago in a smoky barroom in South Boston during a union meeting.

"Every evening after supper a guy takes his legless dog out for a walk while he has a smoke. He and his pooch both share a drag."

I was going to rename the guy, Shorteyes, but I won't be that bad.

Hope you didn't have a long drive. I actually do drink coffee in the evening sometimes when I'm tired enough that it will only make me sleep better.

We're doing our taxes today so don't expect much coherency from me either.

This thread is supposed to be about harmless ways to screw with pets, not a soapbox for pink lunger nazis!! There are already a multitude of threads dedicated to the pink lunger crusades dammit! Or just start a new one, that's what I'd do. :D